Deposit on Peugeot - legal rights?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just wanting some consumers rights information here:

Went to Peugeot Garage after weeks of searching for a new car, found a nice Peugeot 208 which we liked and got the dealer to reduce the price by £3000, as we were paying cash.

Completed Vehicle Order Form and signed, we put down a £1000 deposit as we knew we wanted the car and were 100% confident.

Three days after the deposit was put down, the salesman rang to say he cannot deliver the car as he hasn't got any in stock (must have stopped producing them also), and started offering us different models of the 208.

He has rang offering the same car in different paint colours (metallic which is an extra £430). He has not offered for the paint to be free - which I believe it should be as he sold us a car he said he had in stock, which in fact he didnt.

Am I eligible for a full refund of my deposit as the goods are not what we have ordered or signed for. Just wanting to prepare myself going into the dealership in case they pressure us into thinking we need to use the deposit on another car.

The T&C's on the Vehicle Order Form clearly state that a full refund will be granted if the goods cannot be delivered, and that the garage will give you written notice about this.

Thanks alot!

Paul.

• 2 weeks later...