Can't get my money back from Extra Energy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3196 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just had two very painful phone calls with them and am pretty appalled. Here is my situation:

- They've been taking a high direct debit each month (about £40 per month more than previous supplier), I've been with them since September 2014.

- I received my first bill on 30 June 2015. This was strangely calculated up to 7th March 2015.

- This bill said that I had paid £1,008 (to 1st March) and the bill to March is £626.80 so I am £381.20 in credit.

- Since March I have of course continued to pay more direct debit payments. So as it stands in the system right now it shows I am in credit by £800.

- On 4th July I phoned to get this back. They will not give me this money back until a new up to date bill has been raised because they say I might have energy usage that uses this up (though clearly I was overpaying in Winter months so I can surely only have been overpaying more during the Summer). They said that would take two weeks and they would be in contact.

- Nothing ....

- I phoned again today (23 July). I was told I would need a new bill and that will take two weeks to process. I said fine but give me the £381.20 that I was in credit with in March and the rest once it's been calculated. They said they can't.

So it seems that the fact that they invoice extremely late is giving them excuses to not pay back accounts hugely in credit.

I believe they are breaking the rules in two ways:

1) They aren't giving me back my money when I ask for it.

2) They obviously didn't review my direct debit 6 months into the contract.

I look forward to them coming back to me in two months to say they can't issue a refund until they get a more up to date meter reading ....

Why don't you begin a claim against them for your money back pus 8% County Court interest?

Unless you can record your calls then you really need to stop talking to them over the phone.

You are playing right into their hands, and they are laughing at you.

Stop the DD, and lodge a formal complaint ''In writing'' to them and after 8 weeks you

can escalate it to the energy ombudsman, if they are still treating you like a two year old.

I don't know why you don't vote with your feet now and change energy supplier?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!