Informing DWP of changes - when?

Nystagmite
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As you will require to give them a copy of yor new tennancy the date will be the date on the agreement.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

As far as I know anyone on DWP benefits has to inform DWP immediately or as soon as possible after a change of circumstances, and change of address is considered a change of circumstances.

As for housing benefit; the claimant makes an application to the local council stating the date on which rent begins to be payable. When and if the claim for HB is accepted the rent will be paid from the date on which it was stated as beginning from.

personally, i would say the date of your move is that the date you start sleeping overnight at the new address

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.

• 5 months later...

I understand that, from reading posts on this forum, these are random checks, rather than DWP suspecting I've done something wrong. So no concerns there.

Some questions:

Are these interviews held in a private room? I have issues with my hearing and speech. If there's other noise around, (such as others talking, telephones, etc) I can't hear clearly. A lot of people also find it hard to understand my speech. This is made harder by background noise.

Am I allowed a person in the interview with me?

Thank you

I'm not sure if they're held in a private room as a matter of course, but you should be able to request this as a reasonable accomodation of your condition. Are you able to contact them in advance and advise them of the situation? I think most Compliance Officers would understand the necessity in the circumstances.

You can take a companion to the interview with you, yes.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

You can request a private room - if you need one it may be an idea to ring in advance and ask. Purely so they can book a room if needs be so you don't have to wait for one.

Please do not ask me for advice via PM as I will not reply.

Mine was in a quiet room. they will be recording the interview so don't have background noise to distract them and there should be no distractions from other staff/telephones either. My compliance officer was not at all nasty, a bit formal, I suppose. She helped me back to my car carrying my medical equipment for me. The only thing I would say is that it can get to your brain a bit and send you spiralling downwards if you dwell on it.

Good luck.

I've had 2 or 3 of these and every time it was about being suspected of doing something wrong: working and not signing off, still claiming while working, working as self-employed while not telling them etc etc. Mine were held in a part of the Jobcentre that looked like a visiting room in jail.

I have read that these are just for random checks and nothing to worry about but each one I have had through has been for suspicion of some wrongdoing. I have never had a 'random check up' yet.

I've had 2 or 3 of these and every time it was about being suspected of doing something wrong: working and not signing off, still claiming while working, working as self-employed while not telling them etc etc. Mine were held in a part of the Jobcentre that looked like a visiting room in jail.

I have read that these are just for random checks and nothing to worry about but each one I have had through has been for suspicion of some wrongdoing. I have never had a 'random check up' yet.

Some of them are indeed random. There are also some cases where there's been a report of some kind of fraud that the DWP isn't really taking seriously. If they really thought you were up to something it would be the fraud investigators, not Compliance, who would be dealing with it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

If it makes any difference, my letter tells me to attend because:

"your circumstances may have changed and we want to ensure your payments are correct".

If I remember correctly, you recently moved in to accommodation better suited to your needs ?

The DWP probably just want to check a few details and update their records. As we have seen many times in the past with other posters, a compliance interview is not something to worry about. They might even tell you about other benefits that you are entitled to.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally had a chance to speak to DWP. I can't believe how unsympathetic they were. I've spent the last few days ill. (I've got a long term illness which comes and goes) She wasn't too happy that I may not be able to attend just in case I'm ill.

I was told I can have someone with me and I need to tell security when we come in. All interviews are done in private.

Have a nose at this with my own meeting with the compliance dept. It really is nothing to worry about and as stated, it is matters brought to their attention they do not think worthy of time and effort

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?425374-Just-had-a-DWP-compliance-meeting

I've finally had a chance to speak to DWP. I can't believe how unsympathetic they were. I've spent the last few days ill. (I've got a long term illness which comes and goes) She wasn't too happy that I may not be able to attend just in case I'm ill.

I was told I can have someone with me and I need to tell security when we come in. All interviews are done in private.

Sadly that's to be expected as sympathy isn't one of their strong points now

They expect people to leap to their command and obey without question

Good luck and I hope it'll be fine

• 2 weeks later...

It turns out someone has reported me for fraud. Apparently, I'm not as disabled as I claim to be. (you can't see the issues I have. Although, the dark glasses might be a give away) And there was something about how I supposedly don't live where I claim to live. With the exception of a few things, (the joys of a non-working intercom for some months) all my mail comes to mine. I was then asked about the other people who live at the same address as I do, due to claiming SDP. (I live in a 3 floor flat)

I was told the allegation was made in April. Because they didn't see it as anythng overly serious, (ie, they didn't believe I was actually doing anything wrong) it was compliance.

That's disappointing, Nystagmite, that someone should have reported you. It's like a mental illness I suppose, which I know more about; if people can't see what's wrong, they can assume that you're fine.

So is that the end of it?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum