No fault accident - need help with insurance/ claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3197 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

On monday i was on the way to work and i was hit by another car from behind.

I was following a car down the highstreet that stopped at a zebra crossing. I pulled up behind it waiting for people to cross. All of a sudden i didnt know what hit me! I was hit very violently from behind. Not sure if i blacked out but felt very disorientated. Got out of the car in shock and legs gave way. I think i hit my head on the steering wheel quite hard- airbag didnt go off.

A girl rushed over to me very apologetic, saying that she was adjusting her glasses and hadnt seen me. She said it was all her fault and had hit me at full speed not breaking at all. She had hit me so hard i was pushed into the car in front. The car in front appeared to have no damage, but my car looks like a writeoff with extensive damage to the back and front. A passerby called an ambulance and the police arrived. I was checked over by the paramedics and despite developing aches and pains was deemed to be ok and told to see a doctor. I was interviewed by the police that confirmed the girl had already admitted liabilty and was probably speeding. I gave a statement and recovered my car and went into work.

Now, i called my insurance company who were very unhelpful. |The first call the girl answering the phone told me she was passing me over to her colleague (that turned out to be an accident management company). The second call i was told that if i claimed i would have to pay my excess (£500), my car would be valued at trade (£600) and my premiums would go up.

I need a hire car to get into work, cant afford to rent one myself, but dont want to end up in the accident management company trap of being given a credit hire car at a ridiculous daily rate that the third company isurance wont pay for. And a settlement cheque that is way below the market value of my car. Any advice?

Better claiming for the car direct with third parties insurers, who will also look at other claims you might want to make. If you are looking at personal injury, then there are no win no fee Solicitors, as you really need someone to represent your interests.

Claiming direct means no excess and no claim on your own policy. It would just be recorded as a non fault accident, but you would need to send confirmation to them, once the third parties insurers had settled.

The third parties insurers may also sort you out with a hire car for a short period or agree to refund your reasonable costs.

It is a hassle, but many insurers have given up offering a full claims service themselves. You should not have a problem with the third parties insurers, if the third party has contacted them already so they know their driver was at fault.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I have trade insurance through Tradewise. I didnt expect them to be particularly helpful, and knew that if i was to write my car off through my own fault then it would only be valued at trade price. But seeing as this is not my fault i reckon its only fair that i should receive market value. To be honest im completely gutted. I was very attached to that car and its almost irreplacable.

Feeling pretty hard done by at the moment, struggling through work in pain with no car to get home in! Guess life likes to give you a bit of a kick sometimes!

Has anyone had any good experiences with accident management companies? The attraction of having someone else sort it all out is quite great at the moment!

The attraction of having someone else sort it all out is quite great at the moment!

That attraction will come at a price, and may even cost you more than the vehicle is worth.

Just like PPI claims companies, I say leave well alone, there is nothing they do that you can't for nowt.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!