You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• you'll only ever be poked to people like moneybarn etc that are all +40% via most online site.   have you had any running credit in the last few years? i've had none and that killed my score just as bad as a default would. they cant see you can have money management skills bar the default.     the other thing to remember is covid is killing credit approval too and ofcourse they can use the poor rating excuse.  
    • I've had a look at some of the other backdoor CCJ threads, but haven't found an example N244.   However, in a sense that's a good thing, write your own draft based on post 98.  It doesn't have to be in legalese,  just a quick summary of your position in normal English.   One of the Site Team could do it for you, but we're normally very reluctant to do so because it will be you (not us) in front of the judge (or given COVID, probably on the phone to the judge) so it's important that you understand and are confident with your arguments.   Wait for EB to comment on the draft tomorrow, on those other threads I see he goes on about a Supreme Court judgement re set asides and he's been in court himself in a similar situation several times.    I don't know about suing for the £255, maybe dx or EB will know more.    Whatever you do, there will be an element of risk due to mistakes (mistakes are no problem, been there done that, but learn for the next time).  It's not a good idea to throw away documentation when you're in a legal dispute with someone, and you should always tell them of a change of address.  Plus a case should have been built at the time against these charlatans, such as taking photos of their rubbish signs.   Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but your personal circumstances are irrelevant to the court.  You've "defied" a court order - tough.  Of course we know you haven't really defied a court order as your N244 will show, and will be the start of the fightback.
    • Thanks for the comments FTM and Dx, I hope to pay the fee over the phone, then send the N244 tomorrow, Does it make any difference whether I email  the court or post it in triplicate? Email is obviously easier.   Is there an example N244 on here, that will give me an idea of what to say, in legalese?   Dx you said I should sue for return of the fee, do I do that in the N244, or after it is set aside?   Lastly, the N244 says you can continue on an extra sheet, are the courts sympathetic to genuine causes of distress, as I'm actually in dire straits, the CCJ is preventing me from opening a business account to start my company and no estate agents will rent me house, so out of work and soon to be evicted and a burden on the state. A satisfied  CCJ will not help at all. Can I include such things?       
    • @dx100uk Tfl said that there is the possibility they take off the right to my cousin to have a 11-15 oyster card again.  
    • @honeybee13  yes, is like you said. I have used it for 2 or 3 months, but I don't know exactly how many times.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
BobbiB

Can new CCJ show on credit report if record has fallen off credit report as 6 years after defaults ?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1807 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

I entered a DMP 12 years ago which still has another 8 years to go.

Most of the debts defaulted me over 6 years ago so the records have fallen off my credit reports

although I am still paying them through my DMP.

The remaining debts I am attempting to get removed.

Due to family issues money is very tight at the moment and I am starting to begrudge paying my DMP

as I feel that the DCA's have probably had more money off me than they paid for the debt.

I also regret not going bankrupt or simply not paying as either way I wouldn't have these payments hanging over me now

as the bankruptcy would have ended long ago or the debts become statute barred.

I wanted to "do the right thing" but now I am wondering what would happen if I simply stopped paying my DMP now

(after I have hopefully got the remaining defaults showing backdated and therefore removed from my record).

Could the DCA's get a CCJ ?

If they did would it show on my credit report given that the debts have already fell off ?

Hi and welcome to CAG.

The simple answer is yes they can, and yes, it will show on your report.

Is this a fee paying DMP?

Thanks for the response. I am with stepchange so don't pay fees. Think I remember them saying I should consider bankruptcy or an IVA and wish I had done that now. Guess I am stuck with these payments now or I risk messing up my credit file again.

Did you ever send CCA requests to your creditors?

Stepchange would not use this approach

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Did you ever send CCA requests to your creditors?

Stepchange would not use this approach

And have you reclaimed ALL PPI and Charges on the accounts?

I don't think I paid PPI but I am not sure. I don't have the paperwork anymore.

Send as a first step cca request to each creditor or DCA chasing on behalf of each creditor

It would be helpful if you listed each debt and who owns each debt and when that account was opened

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Thanks so much for your advice.

I will post debt breakdown as soon as I can get all my paperwork together.

Planning to send CCA requests as advised.

Should I just send these to DCA's ?

I think a couple of my debts might still be with the OC.

If the DCA cannot product the credit agreement does this mean they cannot apply for a CCJ ?

My main priority right now is to improve my credit reference file as I now have a child

and want to be able to apply for a mortgage in a year maybe so to give my child stability.

Also, do you think that by me sending a CCA request it could prompt DCA's to apply for a CCJ ?

As most of my defaults have fell off and I am working on the remaining 2 negative entries on my credit reports I don't want to risk this.

Thinking maybe I should let sleeping dogs lie and just keep paying my DMP till I have got a mortgage and bought a house.

no cca = no CCJ too.

that debt list needs to show the OC

who you are paying now

opening date

type of credit

then we can help

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

no cca = no CCJ too.

that debt list needs to show the OC

who you are paying now

opening date

type of credit

then we can help

In addition sending a cca request is your statutory right

You can consider your position in the light of their replies or lack of them