Apple "In App" Purchases

adridude

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've spent a few years playing a particular game on my iphone/iwhatever and spent quite a bit to get myself to where I was in the game.

Sadly the developers pulled the plug for EU (not the rest of the world), so the game isn't "end of life"...

Do I have any rights at all asking for the bits and bobs which I bought over time?

On a side note.. Whether a company releases apps to the world, or to one country, it doesn't cost any more or less. The only thing that could drive an app developer out of a particular country would be law (I guess?).

I've spoken to apple, but they want me to converse with the actual company first as they are quite clear in their agreements that they've got nothing to do with purchases (despite taking 1/3 cut) :D

Anyway, some feedback would be interesting!

Cheers,

A

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still wondering if there's any headway with this.

When it comes to digital purchases, last I remember (dating back to early 2014) was that the EU was working on making concrete assets of purchasable assets.

Any news on that here yet? As far as I know, the company in question has left the EU "trading Area" on the Apple App Store and moved on to the Eastern Block and the America's. So it's not a case of the company went bust.

Why would you have any ongoing rights re a game app that you had purchased ? Did you actually pay for future updates to the game which you are now not getting ? I thought each in app purchase only related to that specific upgrade/change and there was nothing ongoing.

I am trying to think logically. But say you purchased some fantasy board game which relied on regular updates to continue the game, there would not be any continuing obligations for a high street store to sell you the updates. It may be the case that the maufacturer had stopped the updates as it was not commercially viable i.e loss making.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread