Drinking driving levels changes?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having researched the drink driving law I came across this article (see attachment) I think there is going to be a new level for a positive breathe sample from 35 down to 22 can someone read this attachment and confirm that what I am reading is correct....

Your comments please as always

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

It's not an article, it's a draft Bill introduced in the House of Lords which, if passed would become an Act of Parliament. It's not going to be passed though. It's just a procedural device to try to get the government to discuss the issue. It's just one (opposition) Peer who has published this but reducing the alcohol drink-drive limit in England won't happen unless it becomes government policy. That might happen in the future but AFAIK they have no plans to do so at the moment. The draft Bill would align England with the reduced limit being introduced in Scotland by the Scottish Parliament (ie reducing blood-alcohol from the current 80mg per 100ml of blood to 50mg).

I understand what you have said re my post but have I read it correctly they are intending to change the level in line with the rest of the UK? Also is it more likely to be reduced some time in the near future even further? Providing this gets the required backing to be made an Act...

Looks real bad for those who drink and drive!!

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

have I read it correctly they are intending to change the level in line with the rest of the UK?

I don't who you mean by "they" mikeymack. For England if by "they" you mean the government, then I don't believe the government have any plans to reduce the limit. It's only Scotland that has a lower limit. There are quite a few pressure groups trying to persuade the government to reduce the limit everywhere to 50mg and I wouldn't be surprised if eventually it does get reduced but I've no idea when. It doesn't seem to be a high priority issue for the government right now.

The Bill in the House of Lords is sponsored by just one (Labour) Peer - Lord Brooke of Alverthorpe - and I don't suppose even he thinks it's going anywhere. Bills which are just one member's particular interest are published all the time, they're just procedural devices to get the matter discussed. No-one expects them to become law.