Vodafone - at the end of my tether - WRT135 [#10949986]**SORTED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

WRT135 [#10949986]

Hi all,

First time poster here.

I dont even quite know where to begin,

I am so beyond frustrated with Vodafone that Im damaging my laptop as I bash the keys writing this!

My problems all began when I did an early upgrade with the now defunct Phones4U.

I currently had a Vodafone number and my prerequisite in doing an upgrade was that I had to keep my old phone number as it was for business.

They got everything started and then told me the process of porting my Vodafone number onto my new Vodafone contract.

They told me it was quite frankly a pain in the ass but to speak with Vodafone and they would get it sorted.

So now at this point Phones4U are out of the picture.

I spoke with Vodafone over the phone and they told me about general delays you get porting within the same network,

as I was really busy with work I decided to just keep two contracts going and to put my old sim card into my new phone.

Fast forward to 18 months later.

At this point, I decided to finally go thru the porting process,

after speaking with about 3 different people on the phone at Vodafone (1hr or so)

they told me I needed to pay to end my old contract (about £80) and the process would begin, so thats exactly what I did.

I would then go on to a PAYG phone (with my current number) and they would then be able to port my number in about 2 weeks.

2 weeks later.

On the phone to them, explain the situation again as no one knows what Im talking about (getting suspicious!)

The porting process begins with change over in 2 working days.

2 working days later, nothing is happening.

I ring Vodafone, explain AGAIN what my problem is, they try again.

2 working days later, nothing is happening again.

Ring Vodafone, explain AGAIN, I end up being disconnected from the person I was speaking too.

Ring again, they advise me to go into store.

So now at this point Im on about 8 hrs or so on the phone.

I go into my local store, explain the situation (the story is getting very long winded now, I apologise)

The lady I deal with in store is very nice and cant find my phone details,

turns out they have deleted my old phone number,

thankfully I have the PAC code.

She rings Vodafone and is getting visibly frustrated with the people from her own company she speaks to over the phone.

manages to sort something out, tells me to wait 48 hrs and try again.

48 hrs later, you guessed it, nothing.

So I go into the store, and onwards its goes.

What she advised is starting a new contract as apparently I no longer have one,

and we can port my number with my PAC code onto it, great Im thinking, lets go for it.

And finally I have my phone up and working.

My first bill comes in, £180.

I go into the store and ask what this is all about as my contract would only be £30 a month,

they bring up my details and I ask me why I have 3 seperate phone numbers on my account,

I have no idea but assume its something to do with this.

I ask to speak the girl who set it up for me, she is away on holiday, so i wait,

come back a week later and ask to speak to the Manager of the store.

She wont agree to see me at a specific time, so I have had it up to my eyeballs and walk out.

Im not paying the £180, that was there screw up and no one will admit it.

I take my PAC number and join a new network.

So fast forward again to now.

Im receiving letters from Vodafones heavies, Fredrickson Int, they are now chasing me for £500,

I assume thats because they are charging me fees for breaking away from my non existent contract.

I will never ever ever part with a penny to give these guys,

but here I am wasting the 50th hour or so on this hoping that because reps from Vodafone look at this forum

maybe some one will fix it and the problem will go away. If not,maybe I will get these letters once a week for the rest of my life.

Thanks for listening, Vodafone is the worst expericence I have ever had in my life.

THE END

WRT135

Edited by gutterpunk60
Alert Vodafone Rep

If you follow the instructions here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-**

pasting WRT reference number into your thread, then a Vodafone Rep will be able to try and help you resolve this.

I would advise against you ignoring your debt to vodafone. Apparently they are quick to place markers on credit files for people who owe money, yet when they have made a mistake they are not so quick in removing their mistakes from credit files.

Its a waste of time dealing with this company since various threads show that Vodafone have no regard for their customers.

The best way you can sort this is to keep this in public, on forum, and let the Vodafones Web Relations team sort it out.

Thank you!

Yes I suspected as much, I just wish I could ring one person and that one person would sort everything out rather than take me on a tour across the world of all their call centres with no resolve!

I would advise you ignoring your debt to Vodafone

Bad advice, which you have followed with WHY it's bad advice.

Apparently they are quick to place markers on credit files for people who owe money, yet when they have made a mistake they are not so quick in removing their mistakes from credit files.

You really don't want to risk getting an adverse entry on your credit file if you can avoid it,

a) if it will be hard to remove, and

b) that you may not be able to get it removed, if it turns out to be factually correct (see below)

OP: By all means dispute it with Voda.

Looking at what you have written it strikes me that

a) P4U tried to get you an "upgrade, but as a new connection", leading to a 2nd line existing. Your first line wasn't then disconnected? Leading to 2 lines being charged ....

b) it was them mangled a 2nd time, leading to a 3rd line being started (which of the 3 are contract? and which PAYG?)

I'm basing this on your description of events and "why I have 3 seperate phone numbers on my account".

Interestingly, you can't port from one network to the same network. That is just a transfer (PAYG to contract or vice versa) or an upgrade (New phone on same contract, same number : which doesn't require a port)

I've posted on this topic (using a PAC to port to a different network, to port back in to get the "new connection" offers", advised by dealers so they get their commission but not advised by the network!), as at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?448159-Vodafone-are-upsetting-my-wife-**-WRT135-10743451-**&p=4756228#post4756228

My advice : don't "not pay" unless you have a clear agreement from Voda not to mark your credit report, but do get them to agree you only wanted / used one line at a time & that is what you should owe for.

'WRT135' CAG

Im a little confused, is this where I write it?

Nope. Submit the form on Voda's site.

Put WRT135 CAG in the subject line there.

You'll get an email reply from Voda with a reference number.

Post the reference number in this thread.

Ideally, then "report your own post" (yellow triangle with black surround, or "report post" button), highlighting to the site team they need to help : so the site team can then add your reference number to the thread title making it easier for Lee (or another Voda WRT staffer) to pick up the thread.

Your reference number which you added to your first post "WRT 135" = there should be more numbers after this.

I think Vodafone Web Relation Team can only help you if you supply full reference number. Vodafone web relations seem to be the only point of contact within the company who can help people out, since it is their job to mitigate complaints made in public. Even then, they are slow since they have to deal with the slowly turning cogs elsewhere in the company.

If you haven't got the full reference number, just revisit the link and get a new reference number so Web Relation Team can help you.

Nope. Submit the form on Voda's site.

Put WRT135 CAG in the subject line there.

You'll get an email reply from Voda with a reference number.

Post the reference number in this thread.

Ideally, then "report your own post" (yellow triangle with black surround, or "report post" button), highlighting to the site team they need to help : so the site team can then add your reference number to the thread title making it easier for Lee (or another Voda WRT staffer) to pick up the thread.

Thread now has the ref. no. in the title. Hopefully Lee or one of his colleagues will pick up on this soon.

Thanks all, will hopefully get sorted.

I would rather punch myself in the face than part with cash thou! haha

dispute the bill. if you have to pay the bill to avoid adverse credit record, make sure vodafone know that your payment is "under dispute"

{Paragraph removed as it was off topic and a breach of site rules} - SS

only other advice i will give:

1. Try to avoid adverse credit rating even if it means paying their bill and hoping to claim it back later.

2. Don't deal with this company via phone unless you can record your calls. Deal only in writing / email.

3. Be patient. The cogs turn quite slowly within Vodafone.

Good luck!

Off topic posts unapproved.

Please stick to the OPs issues and keep unresolved issues on other threads there.

Kind Regards

SS

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Lee and the team contacted me and asked me to tell them what the problem was, they didnt even read the bloody post!

How did things pan out ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

• 4 weeks later...

Ok update for you all here, it took me nearly 5 months and countless hours to sort this but after getting involved here I am pleased to say that Lee and his team have wiped all charges.

The system works! Dont give up friends and keep fighting the good fight!

after getting involved here I am pleased to say that Lee and his team have wiped all charges.

Glad you got that sorted :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert