vodafone won't replace faulty phone

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have an LG G3 which keeps switching off. It has been repaired 3 times, and it still keeps switching off.

Initially vodafone said they would replace the phone, but now say they won't as I can do an early upgrade. The best they will do now is to have the phone looked at by a senior engineer.

I don't want the phone going into repair a 4th time, I want what they initially offered, a replacement handset. I really don't see what a 4th repair will do, that the previous 3 didn't.

I do not want an early upgrade as an early upgrade is just fobbing me off with saying go and buy a new one, but they say as i am within 70 days of an upgrade they say it's now another repair or upgrade. Surely that's their problem not mine.

The phone is actually only 9 months old, as the previously supplied phoned also kelp going wrong and was replaced.

hi, if you follow this link: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?213340-Vodafone-Webteam-for-Customers-With-Problems-**UPDATED-APRIL-2015-** post back your reference number here, then Vodafone Web Relations will be able to try and assist you here.

Do not be fobbed off by vodafone. I am guessing they want you to do an early upgrade as it would extend your contract and also get rid of their liability to you.

Only other advice I can give: don't deal with it by phone, don't accept phone calls from managers or web relations team, just keep everything in writing with proof, email is ideal.

You say that this is your second phone and it needs its fourth repair? Has vodafone provided you with compensation for your previous times without the phone which you have been paying for?

It was the web retention team (Lee) that said they would arrange for it to be seen by a senior engineer, not really the response I was looking for. I am sure the early upgrade is to lock me in for another 2 years, and off load their responsibility.

I didn't ask or get compensation for the previous 4 repairs (first phone). This time they keep telling me to make contact when the phone is working, then they will lump it in all together (for the 2nd phone).

I will put my complaints in writing to them tonight,

thank you for replying

imo vodafone are showing disgusting tactics expecting customers of faulty phones to take an upgrade and extend their contracts.

maybe write a letter before action explaining your problems / complaint and then asking the company to rectify to your satisfaction! ie - new replacement working phone and perhaps compensation for the previous failings of your phone?

if vodafone fail to reply or rectify, then you can issue MCOL against them. if you decide court action is only way to make this company sit up and pay attention to you and stick to their legal obligations, then there are many people here who can help you with court forms if you are unsure of what to do.