Cracked Screen appeared on Samsung Galaxy A5

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you want to press it Baz,

Then use their own report that there was no external evidence of damage, but they have said this is their final offer and if not happy - off to the ombudsman with you. They seem confident.

but if you know you or someone did significantly flex it (eg sit on it) as conniff suggested, that may be far more apparent once they take it apart despite no evidence externally. They will record that in their own systems and if pressed may think its worthwhile re-addressing the case.

The offer seemed good - unless you KNOW that no damage took place.

Perhaps say that you are accepting their offer rather than spend longer without a working phone.

Thanks again tobyjugg2

Well tbh I am rather fed up with it all but I can assure you I in no-way damaged the phone myself. I have photographic evidence that there is no proof of any damage to the casing or shell of phone.

Would I be privy to sight of their report and investigations ?

There again they declined my original complaint until I went back with the sales of goods act and mentioned Small Claims in which they then offered gesture of goodwill etc.

Just one point - you haven't been using it in one of the car window cradles have you?

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

Heat ie from a hot car window, particularly when running gps and maps while charging, can cause batteries to swell quite significantly.

I've had a good look around and there are other examples, but no significant amounts which would help you claim a manufacturing fault that I can see.

Most common single none drop/bend issue seems to be as a result of overheating and battery swelling on the galaxy ranges

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Heat ie from a hot car window, particularly when running gps and maps while charging, can cause batteries to swell quite significantly.

I've had a good look around and there are other examples, but no significant amounts which would help you claim a manufacturing fault that I can see.

Most common single none drop/bend issue seems to be as a result of overheating and battery swelling on the galaxy ranges

OK tobyjugg2 many thanks for your time.

I will accept their offer under protest for repairs to be done.

Finally would I be entitled to anything for non-usage of phone during dispute ?

Finally would I be entitled to anything for non-usage of phone during dispute ?

I have no idea on that - sorry.

• Confused 1

The Tory Legacy

You could accept their offer on a basis that you disagree with their assessment and that you are paying under protest in order to mitigate your losses, (Further time without your phone) and that you will seek to reclaim costs in a small claims action.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

You could accept their offer on a basis that you disagree with their assessment and that you are paying under protest in order to mitigate your losses, (Further time without your phone) and that you will seek to reclaim costs in a small claims action.

Ok and many thanks again all.

Is it worth sending letter via recorded delivery to a PO Box number address ?

id send it to their ceos office :p def recorded delivery

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• 2 weeks later...

I have received a further response from o2.

I previously replied accepting their offer but under protest and not agreeing to their findings. I also mentioned about reimbursement of costs and payment for secured delivery but they have not even acknowledge it.

Now they are quoting a one liner from a previous webchat confirming that I turned the phone on ??? Are they implying that therefore nothing wrong with the phone and that's their evidence ?

Baz,

You have indicated that there was a crack on the screen, which you 'noticed' not that the screen and phone was unusable.

The protective gorilla class on my phone is heavily cracked but I'm still using my phone almost as normal.

This may be the perspective they are taking.

regards

TJ

The Tory Legacy

Baz,

You have indicated that there was a crack on the screen, which you 'noticed' not that the screen and phone was unusable.

The protective gorilla class on my phone is heavily cracked but I'm still using my phone almost as normal.

This may be the perspective they are taking.

regards

TJ

Ok but what I meant was that there appeared to be a crack under the screen and this was noticed when I turned it on. There was no outside physical damage and did not drop it. They have based their evidence on assumptions and have ignored the SOGA or Sales of Services Act surely ?

I am no techno but feel that it was not investigated properly.

I may have to just accept their offer and be done with it but I feel frustrated with the service provided.

They will only do this unless I pay for repairs up-front.

Sorry Baz,

I was clear as mud there - I meant that last post as regarding compensation for non-usage of phone during dispute in that the phone was and is still usable

.. and they haven't charged you for the assessment despite their stance that it was customer damage.

The Tory Legacy

Sorry Baz,

I was clear as mud there - I meant that last post as regarding compensation for non-usage of phone during dispute in that the phone was and is still usable

.. and they haven't charged you for the assessment despite their stance that it was customer damage.

No probs tobyjugg2

But I have not been able to use the phone for a couple of months now whilst I have been in dispute. I have had to use my old phone yet they have charged me for rental for the new one in which I have not been able to use.

They did not assess the phone only used assumptions on what was advised by the manufacturer. Like I said they would not investigate properly unless I paid for repairs up-front.

They have also ignored questions that I had previously raised but then I am only the customer !

Though it seems that I am in a no win situation and might just have to accept their offer and will change my provider when the contract expires.