VCS parking 'fine'

Guest Another Spartacus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Another Spartacus

Hi Peeps,

I got a parking fine in April because I parked in a disabled bay without showing my Blue Badge.

I appealed the notice siting that I have various medical conditions including cognitive problems due to medication etc. and that I simply forgot to put my badge on display. I sent a copy of my Blue Badge and evidence that I am a student at the college where I parked in my appeal letter.

Vehicle Control Ltd dismissed my appeal and I have now received a NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT PROCEEDINGS stating that I have until Friday to pay the £100 fee.

Can anyone suggest what I should do, am I best to pay the fine.

Thanks for any advice

Hi

First of all, this is not a fine.

When VCS dismissed your appeal did they not give you any option to appeal further? any POPLA code.

What dates are there

date of parking?

windscreen ticket?

Date of appeal?

Date of rejection letter?

Did rejection letter include POPLA code?

As for the notice of intended court proceedings, I will leave others to say if it is a genuine threat or not.

This is a civil matter, nothing to do with local authority parking

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

VCS are IPC. No POPLA...

OP can you post up a redacted copy of the demand please?

Did you identify the driver in your appeal?

Also which college us this?

You will probably just have to ignore VCS but can you answer the above questions we have asked.

Guest Another Spartacus

Hi Silver fox,

Thanks for replying.

Yes it was a windscreen ticket

I appealed on the 28 April using special delivery.

I received the refusal letter back from them dated 9 June

Notice serial no. VC****191

Date and time of issue 27 April 2015 at 13.50

Letter stated that I had until 23 June to pay £60.00 or £100 from the date of their letter

VCS are IPC. No POPLA...

OP can you post up a redacted copy of the demand please?

Did you identify the driver in your appeal?

Also which college us this?

You will probably just have to ignore VCS but can you answer the above questions we have asked.

I see there are two VCS. One is BPA and the other is IPC but the one we are talking about has both logos present on the website.

It appears that the IPC have moved the goalposts as mentioned by the Parking Prankster

http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/independent-parking-committee-remove.html

so they are apparently removing your right to appeal to the IAS but considering they aren't impartial, the better for it. If they tried the court route, I suspect this could be easily defeated.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Guest Another Spartacus

To be perfectly honest I would welcome a court case with them. I was medically retired from work three years ago, I'm on ESA Support Group due to several medical conditions. I'm also paying off three credit cards on an interest free pro rata deal. I would imagine I could offer VCS a £1 per month.

I think I'm going to email VCS and tell them to take me to court or change their decision.

I wouldn't bother emailing them. IF they do go to court, they have to prove the case. Last year, VCS took approx 35 cases to court.

If you looked at the company financial returns, they are a small player in the field and I suspect they don't take many to court as it will affect their bottom line (which isn't brilliant at the moment)

If VCS are stupid enough to go anywhere near a court with those new appeal rules, they don't stand a cat in hells chance of winning an even lightly defended case.

"Sir, as the keeper of the vehicle I was given no access to an independent appeals procedure and therefore my only recourse was to allow VCS to waste the courts time. Had I have been allowed to appeal, I feel that my appeal would have been allowed."

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Note that it says they intend to do things rather than they are actually going to do something on a certain date. If you want to waste a stamp just write back to them and ask under what sections of the Equalities Act and Road Traffic Act is applicable that allows them to discriminate against you on the grounds of not displaying an item that has no statutory meaning on private land andalso ask for a copy of their accessability statement.

Whilst you are at it write to your college and ask them about their asseability statement and tell them that you will send them a statutory questionnaire as a pre-action protocol as VCS have threatend you with court action.