How i hate bt sales people

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having moved to Northern Ireland and confirmation i pick up the keys to my new place in two weeks, i decide to phone BT.

My BT account is still live in the UK as my brother took over my flat and he is currently paying the bill.

Simple you might think, the only way he said was that i have to change my contract or be hit with a £130.00 bill for install. He said no line is on his system so the engineer will have to run a new line.

First question is if no current line into the property why do i have to pay??

Second there is a BT line as i have seen it myself, The last owner had virgin media but that is in addition to the BT Line

They said they would wave this fee if i accepted broadband at £13.00 a month. At the moment i have free broadband for 12 months, all i pay is line rental.

Why do i have that feeling the BT Salesman is trying to rip me off in signing up to a contract i do not need?

Having moved to Northern Ireland and confirmation i pick up the keys to my new place in two weeks, i decide to phone BT.

My BT account is still live in the UK as my brother took over my flat and he is currently paying the bill.

Simple you might think, the only way he said was that i have to change my contract or be hit with a £130.00 bill for install. He said no line is on his system so the engineer will have to run a new line.

First question is if no current line into the property why do i have to pay??

Second there is a BT line as i have seen it myself, The last owner had virgin media but that is in addition to the BT Line

They said they would wave this fee if i accepted broadband at £13.00 a month. At the moment i have free broadband for 12 months, all i pay is line rental.

Why do i have that feeling the BT Salesman is trying to rip me off in signing up to a contract i do not need?

Have you tried plugging a phone into the BT socket to see if there is any sound (even "just noise")?

Even if there is a physical line coming in to your property, the other end may not be plugged in at the exchange. How is/was the Virgin Media delivered, via Virgin's own cable network or over the copper BT line ?

If the latter, then the line may well be terminated at the exchange, but it will be plugged into Virgin's equipment. The £130 charge would be for an engineer to swap a cable over. All of thirty seconds of work, so good money if you can get it.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• 3 weeks later...

Now i am annoyed

Due a BT Engineer today to get my phone service up and running at my new address.

Now remember what i said when talking to the transfer people at BT?? They tried to charge me an extra £130.00 install charge or agree to a new contract. They were adamant that no BT line was present even though i said i am looking at the BT junction box now in my new home. Seems the last occupier had Virgin media installed but they used their own equipment, phone line, cable, junction Box etc. The BT line is totally seperate.

Well at 8 am this morning i plug in the phone and the service is up and running even though the engineer is not due till this afternoon.

Why are BT being allowed to get away with this?? The Home move department at BT are now nothing more than sales people.

...Well at 8 am this morning i plug in the phone and the service is up and running even though the engineer is not due till this afternoon...

3 weeks ago you were advised to plug a phone in to see if the line was live, did you do it ?

Now i am annoyed

Due a BT Engineer today to get my phone service up and running at my new address.

Now remember what i said when talking to the transfer people at BT?? They tried to charge me an extra £130.00 install charge or agree to a new contract. They were adamant that no BT line was present even though i said i am looking at the BT junction box now in my new home. Seems the last occupier had Virgin media installed but they used their own equipment, phone line, cable, junction Box etc. The BT line is totally seperate.

Well at 8 am this morning i plug in the phone and the service is up and running even though the engineer is not due till this afternoon.

Why are BT being allowed to get away with this?? The Home move department at BT are now nothing more than sales people.

That event sounds like the one I had in all respects when I moved to Wales, thought for a minute I had reported on CAG myself . mind you I had a complaint in and guess what !?? I was given a BT number to ring in Northern Ireland to an Main Manager to discuss the complaint, he sorted it - BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT the bastards charged me for the Call can you believe it!

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Yep, i have been checking every day

Yesterday at 6pm it was dead as a dodo

It was made active overnight and no BT engineer has ever visited my property. Seems to me they just switched it on at the exchange

I bet no-one even visited the exchange, it is probably an electronic switch at the exchange that someone turned on from a call centre. If they do that for 11 people a day thats over half a million pounds a year in pure profit.

mine took them 3 weeks to bring on line, they say no outreach people available as busy, half mile away depot with 9 vans parked up all chatting, and a van next road to mine parked up having sandwich, told by one engineer there is a break in my cable somewhere to premises initially, then long wait, but an engineer will post card through door when complete 3 weeks later?? Nooooooooo!!!!!! never happened, happened to find out myself as connected, the concrete blocks acces to their cables un disturbed for 300 yds to their main box????? moved in 17 / 12 / 13 on line 11 / 1 / 14 nothing in between.

OIh! and that was after being told no BT line to property? so I asked why BT box in 3 rooms and BT telephone on extensions? so called customer service, mind you we grew up to expect this treatment from BT even when it was Under the umbrella of the so called Post Office & Telecommunications.

One area I lived and the engineer told me a fault somewhere the other side of the world, pardon I said well he could not find a fault to their box>? but I said my Solicitors is only 30 miles up the A38 and the call break up would he like to confirm with him? not in the far east?? local paper reported BT faults in the area affecting 100s of phone lines then they had the cheek to try and charge me for reconnecting to overseas calls as made @ £2.45 per connection, when the line kept breaking down.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Still pulling my hair out with BT

Phone line and Broadband went live yesterday, but no router. BT said i should have got it that day and it appears one was not ordered so they promised me a delivery today between 7 am and 6 pm. No delivery from Royal Mail so back on the phone to Mumbai. It seems they have it as dispatched and i will now receive it tomorrow

I now receive an email telling me sorry your router is faulty and a new one is on its way

If you've already sent the faulty kit back to us, you don't need to do anything else. We must still be processing the return in our warehouse.

If you haven't, you need to return the faulty kit by following the instructions below.

Please do it within two weeks from when we sent this email or you might have to pay for it.

I really have had enough of the incompetence of BT now, My router is not faulty, you did not send me one to begin with, then threaten me that i will have to pay for the privilege.

You just cannot make this crap up

I feel for you I really do, and things will only get worse!

Kick them in to touch now, before they con you into a contract and mess you about for 12, or even worse, 24 months!!

Unless of course you can double the length of time you get BB for free, or at a drastically reduced rate, then you

have given them far too much of your valuable time already.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Good for you, atrocious company, they really are, should be ashamed to call themselves British.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!