You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• If you click on the letters SAR which should be underlined and in blue, that's your link with the information.   HB
    • I have my phone ,car key and wallet all in the same place, i left them  behind the bar and go to the bathroom. When I come back I realise my phone has disappear (the bar has been empty no customers) so I did go to the office and ask the managers if they took my phone, to know is it in they hands or someone steal my phone. All of them they said no (they are three) and one of them she said this will be a lesson for me to don't come with my phone. I do understand and i ask them if they can have a look on the cctv and they refuse. So I go back to the bar and i ring my phone three times,  the last time when i try to ring the phone has been switch it off. I report this incident to the police. And the next day I call them to see if they have my phone, the answer it was no. After few days I receive an email from HR to let me know she has my phone. So the GM sneak into the bar and took my  phone without letting me know,  and then he said he found my phone and after he said he is allowed to confiscate my phone!
    • Hi there.   This sounds like an absolute trainwreck in slow motion.  As far as I know there's no such thing as an automatic right in law for the mother to be able to live where her children currently reside.  Plus I'm not sure why the police would force you to let her back in as surely this would be a civil matter rather than a criminal one, unless they were just "keeping the peace".  It'd be interesting to see that letter she produced if you still have it.    What's your current living situation?  If you're renting and if it's just your name on the rental agreement then she's got no right to be there, however if she's lived there since 2017 she may now have some resident's rights.   If you own your current house and you bought it while you were still married she may have a claim to a share of it as a marital asset, even if it's just your own name on the mortgage.    I'd say you really need to speak to a divorce solicitor ASAP.
    • Hi all, I'm a member of the public defending a case by CCPlus T/a GroupNexus  for 4 PCNs from back in 2014 and 2015. The main part of my defence is that I was working on site, and Roadchef didnt enter my VRN either correctly or at all. I had repeatedly called them and was told that they would be voided. I heard nothing for years and therefore thought it was all settled. Another part of my defence will be to question the possible deliberate ploy or policy to wait until 5 years has passed to pursue these claims, therefore claiming an extra 8% per annum in  interest on each ticket. I went to mediation today and we didnt agree  on a settlement, so this will continue on to court. I asked for an SAR (Subject Access Request) for all 4 PCNS and they only sent me details for one of them so i offered to pay for one of them minus the fees/charges etc which was rejected. For the record, 4 PCNs now stand at £950 plus court and solicitor fees.   What also irked me is that I had an email  response from a director at Roadchef saying that they could have helped if i had gone to them earlier. I had gone to them earlier, and presumed it was settled. then years later CP Plus pop up with a letter of claim and summons. This left me in a catch22 situation  and is why I think that this is a deliberate ploy. They leave it 5 years to pursue the claim, then the landowner cant help you because it's 5 years down the line   That aside, I would like to hear from other people who have been targeting 4 or 5 years down the line and would ask if I can use their cases in my defence. If we can prove that this is deliberate, we can do something about it. I would also like to hear from a solicitor who'd like to take this up on my behalf.  Thanks
    • This post is regarding PPE listings on all the major buying platforms. and is affecting many thousands of people trying to buy PPE items.
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 12 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
Jocker2000

lowell/carter claim - old welcome finance 'debt'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1715 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Thank you AndyOrch would you suggest I reply with agreement?

The reason I ask is Bryan carter solicitors must make a payment of £335 for the hearing fee by the 4th December, do you think they will look at the strength of my defence first before they decide to proceed?

Hi Andyorch thank you so much for your prompt response I really appreaciate it,

do you suggest I agree to the date?

the reason I ask is they are due to pay a hearing fee of £335 on the 4th December 2015, do you think they wish to look at the strength of my defence before they proceed?

thanks in advance

I would assume that that's the reason and deciding factor behind his request...this is only a request from the Solicitor and not the Court so you must act civil and consider.Its of no benefit to your self as your WS/ disclosure and bundle will be minimal (as theirs should also be).

I personally cant see any advantage by accelerating the dates...and therefore its your choice to accept or decline or offer alternative...you could agree 12th November....only gets an xtra 4 weeks that way...but its your choice.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thank you Andyorch you are a real star. I will follow your advice and is it ok to come back to you at a later date should I require any further advice?

Thank you Andyorch you are a real star. I will follow your advice and is it ok to come back to you at a later date should I require any further advice?

Absolutely :-D

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

Dear Andyorch I hope you are well, please may I ask once again for your expert advice, I have now requested a copy of my signed credit agreement from Lowell Financial who have instructed Bryan carter solicitors to take me to court in December, I have sent a previous request to Bryan Carter solicitors both enclosed a postal order for £1 ad the template request downloaded from this site.

I have not received a response from Bryan carter solicitors but received the following response from Lowell yesterday:

We thank you for your recent letter and apologise for the delay in replying.

Your comments have been noted with regards to your request for a copy of the consumer credit agreement under S77-79 of the consumer credit act 1974.

Please be advised that although Lowell financial is still the legal owner of the account, the general management and handling of this has been outsourced to Frederickson International Ltd and as a result of this all of your future communications should be sent directly to them in relation to this matter.

Frederickson International Ltd

PO Box 260

Weybridge

Surrey

KT13 0YH

We would also like to advise you that we have requested our finance department to arrange a refund of the £1.00 fee enclosed with your request and this is a duplicate payment. This will be sent to you by separate post.

We have also forwarded a copy of your letter to Fredrickson for their attention and direct response to you.

We hope that the above meets with your approval but please do not hesitate to contact us on the number at the top of this letter should you require any further assistance.

Does this mean I now need to send a request for my credit file to Frederickson? I have not heard of these guys and not received any correspondence, is this a tactic to mussy the waters? I initially sent my request on the 9th July.

thank you in advance.

No you dont need to do anything jocker...they have forwarded your request to the next desk along.......looks like time is ticking away to retrieve a copy of the agreement:-)

Thank you Andy

I sent the 2nd request on the 21st September 2015, will I have to file an amended defence as my first defence was based around the limitation act, which was 1 day out, if so would you be kind enough to tell me the procedure for this and if in fact I need to contact the court at this time?

thank you again.

Going back to your earlier posts Jocker - this makes things interesting:

"When did you enter into the original agreement before or after 2007?15th September 2006"

This is the first time I've seen your thread so will take a proper read through tonight or tomorrow and see if there's anything I can help you with. All because I love Lowell and their mate Mr Carter!

Thank you Andy

I sent the 2nd request on the 21st September 2015, will I have to file an amended defence as my first defence was based around the limitation act, which was 1 day out, if so would you be kind enough to tell me the procedure for this and if in fact I need to contact the court at this time?

thank you again.

Why did you make a second request?...you will have to refresh my memory jocker.......and its a bit late in the day to be submitting an amended defence....there would be a fee and most probably the claimant will hammer you with costs?

Hi Andy

I initially sent the request to Bryan Carter solicitors not Lowell as I understand it has to be made direct to the claimant, I have to exchange documents on or before the 14th November is it best to adjust my defence then?

Kind regards

Jocker

For what reason do you wish to amend your defence?

To ensure my defence is based on not having received a copy of my credit agreement if in fact they do not send it, rather than it being based on the debt being statute barred which it is 1 day away from being 6 years old.

I personally would leave it...you can add that to your Witness Statement.......wait until you receive their WS and I will show you how to overcome it.

Regards

Andy

Thank you so much Andy your advice has been fantastic.

What date are you due to exchange witness statements ?

Excellent ...bit of time to run ...and time for him to discontinue the claim.:-)

Hi Andyorch I hope you are well,

I have to submit my defence to Bryan carter solicitors and to the court on or before the 12th November

and wanted your help in sending the correct information.

I have not received an original or copy of my signed credit agreement despite sending 2 requests by recorded delivery

and enclosing a postal order for £1.

Bryan Carter did send me a blank generic application form used by Welcome with no details on it at all!

Please may I have your advice regarding submission of a defence for not supplying the original agreement.

thank you in advance.

You mean 'witness statement', not defence...right?

Have you received a witness statement from Carter yet? I would guess that you'll receive it right on the deadline. Have you had a look at other threads to get an idea about the role of the witness statement?

Sham

Yes sorry you are correct, witness statement is correct,

I have not looked at any other threads, to be honest I am a bit of an IT dinosaur and struggle at the best of times,

I did not want to make any mistakes in relation the correct wording of the statement,

do you know of any threads that could perhaps supple a template that is specific to this type of witness statement?

There isn't a template. Every witness statement is specific to the claim and the content of it is determined by the factors you wish to draw attention to.

You'll get a fair amount of help here, but you really need to have a read up on other threads

and find examples of witness statements which will give you some understanding of what needs to be in yours.

It's your opportunity to pick holes in the claim which will undermine them and also push them to provide certain bits of key information.

..CCA, statements of account, etc. etc.

Basically try to back them into a corner..

...or at least give them some work to do (particularly useful in smaller amount claims).

Sham