• Tweets

• No you don't have to pay them.  it is their scam which the Courts know about. There was a classic case a few years ago that decided that £100 was not a penalty because that company had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park clear of cars that overstayed etc because they were there to maximise the availability of car park spaces. As Starbucks was closed in your case, Met have no legitimate interest so their £100 charge IS a penalty. Therefore the case would be thrown out. if they took you to Court and you turned up in Court to defend yourself. So no you shouldn't pay.
    • Thank you as always. Okay, will contact Tesco and will ignore the appeal, and will let you know what happens. You guys are superheroes.
    • A former Tesla engineer is in a decade-long battle with the car company, owned by Elon Musk.View the full article
    • what isn't working out....one very small issue, the rest is going perfectly fine. stop doing your usually running around waving arms and screaming on my god oh my god...sorry too used to you LMM even if you cant hold down a new bank account all is not lost .  ive not seen any reports that monzo refuse people  so go with them. pers as i said id NOT be using any switch service, as there are debts you want to stop paying and get them defaulted BEFORE you ever think of poss might could should pay them. its only a handful of stuff like rent/ctax/ etc that you need DD for ive not used DD's in almost 30yrs now nor use Standing orders, i do it by BACS each month priority bills first (can take roof from over my head if not paid) there REST all get paid if/when i've had the money. 2 well 3 things id dump too or get cheaper. cable/sat tv - ££6PCM . which i will is internet/tv/landline ? from whom that is very expensive. mine is £27PCM for 100MPS Broadband etc all in. 3 tv licence... who cant tell you are watching live tv even if you dont.... mobile phone £27? - go over to giffgaff no contract and as cheap as £6PCM even with mobile data (but use your home wf-fi when indoors!!) no need to keep using @Username, everyone that posted gets an alert like you do if someone posts. dx  
    • Critall windows date back to the 1880s but their steel construction makes them vulnerable to damp.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

HFO CAPITAL/services/turnbull CCJ

melmumof3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes fill in the xxxs and dates, attach your two exhibits, sign and date it, send it to the court by Special Delivery, dont bother sending a copy to the other side.

Try to read and understand what it says, dont be afraid to ask questions about it on here, if you dont quite understand something, we are all here to help each other.

I think it will be too big to go on MCOL, only 8000 characters are allowed, and anyway you cant put attachments on there

GOOD LUCK

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes fill in the xxxs and dates, attach your two exhibits, sign and date it, send it to the court by Special Delivery, dont bother sending a copy to the other side.

Try to read and understand what it says, dont be afraid to ask questions about it on here, if you dont quite understand something, we are all here to help each other.

I think it will be too big to go on MCOL, only 8000 characters are allowed, and anyway you cant put attachments on there

GOOD LUCK

ok got ya, will do and will read through it, and i will defo ask if i dont get something. thanks so much youve lifted a ton weight from me

Melmum

You will have to edit the defence. There is a limit of 8000 characters if you file electronically. The defence as written has over 13000 characters.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

hello all, can i just have a quick piece of advice cake please .....

the 2 exibits im to send. the letter i sent HFO requesting CCA, and the first time HFO sent 'application form'... HFO have sent me photocopies of the letters ive sent them in past,can i send the copy of the CCA request? as i dont seem to have the copy myself(derrrrr i know). also the first application form and cover letter, should i photocopy it first before isend the only copy i have?????

thankyou regards mel

If your having a problem with the exhibits, don't send them, just delete the lines "exhibit attached marked A", and the same with B.

Its not that important...what is important is that you get this to the court in time!!

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

Hi Melmum,

Firstly, CALM down, there is no point getting stressed.

Second, you are in the hands of one of the best CAG members, Creditcardmug, he is a fantastic guy and has seen off more DCA's than he's had hot dinner's.

My advise, rather than just posting help, it to read as many threads as possible, esp those concerning HFO (just type HFO) into the search area.

Having a quick look through your thread you have these idiots on more than one cock up.

NO default notice (or flawed)

Their POC stating they have given you time to pay etc etc, but they issued Court papers just days after 'BUYING' the debt.

Wrong figures

No valid CCA

Read and absord as much info as you can reqarding those points as although someone can write your defence, you will need to understand it.

You may also want to send the SAR request to the OC, I suggest this one

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/payment-protection-insurance-ppi/118145-sar-ppi.html#post1198765

This will give you ALL information on the account, including the balance when it was 'SOLD'

Second, I would check my credit rating through one of the agencies. This will show if HFO was entering details of your account prior to 'buying' it.

This could cause them huge problems if they were.

We all know that these companies don't really buy and sell these debts and thanks to PT, UK26, Toulse etc, we will soon prove this.

Keep your head up

Jogs

hi

well ive just got round to checking credit report, and well well well, HFO have entered a default against me on te 15th march 09. also the figure on this is £2,722, but my total amount on court claim letter is over 4k?????:mad:

and also another DCA Marlin have also put a default in on the 29th march, i have not heard a dickiebird from them in months, and DEFINATELY havent received a default noticed, they have gona as far as sending my sainsbo's app form and thats it.

what happens now then peeps?????:confused:

ive printed it all off, did i need to do this????

regards mel

As far as getting defaults off your credit file, this is a whole different ball game to this court claim...it can be very difficult..there are a number of threads on here about it, suggest you have a look round the forums, use the search facility

• 1 month later...

hello ppl,

today ive receied allocation questionnaire from turnbull. they've sent statements photocopied, notice of assignment which i believe was from M&S as i did ring M&S at the time, and they said they hadnt sent me any letters since whenever date they told me. ive yet to submit my allocation questionnaire. im just looking for a bit of moral support today, that im doing all the right things etc. hfo have said my claim is generic...is it??

• 1 month later...

hi all,

ive received paperwork from turnbull regarding my court papers, they have said the made an error in their online claim, and have changed the claimant name from hfo services to hfo capital... wouldnt they have known there claimants name in the first place ????

Have they given any details of HFO Capital? Like an address?

Did you get a Notice of Assignment from HFO Services or HFO Capital?

Have they given any details of HFO Capital? Like an address?

Did you get a Notice of Assignment from HFO Services or HFO Capital?

hi ive been through all my paperwork. some of it says hfo services ltd, and i did have a letter from turnbull a few months ago which states hfo capital ltd. i have a default notice served under the CCA act 1974 with the heading hfo services. on that it states original lender, date of assignment current creditor as hfo capital ltd, and collection agents as hfo services ltd. i guess this has cleared it up now. they sent letter to say they are changing name of claimant, and that they are willing to negotiate an amicable settlement. tthe are seeking leave to apply for substitution of hfo services to hfo capital as the claimant.

Yes but did they state the address of HFO Capital either on the NOA or one the amended POC?

I should add that both HFO Services & Turnbull have the same SOLE director. In other words, one person runs both companies and so you can't have either the solicitors or the agents blaming each other for making the same mistake. They are all one and the same. More bovine excrament from Wimbledon!

Apparently they are no longer in Wimbledon (the postie told me) so I suspect they are only operating from Weybridge now with 'outsourced services' in India and athe Phillippines (I suspect the former to be the most active, the latter are a newer lot).

• 2 months later...

just a quick update.. or not so..!

havent heard anything at all since the letter from court saying they need to change HFO name. Is this normal to be waiting this long to get a court date??? ive not had any more letters either from HFO......i was going to try ring the court, but didnt know who to call etc..

You could call the court office and give them the case number. They should be able to give you an update.

just rang, the lady on phone did say something about 'order made without hearing???' which she then said 'i would cross your fingers love'? confused

i asked her what it meant, and she went to speak to someone else, she said the claim hadnt be recognised, and that she is going to put it to the judge as it isnt right....very confused, has it been 'forgot about' by the court?

Sounds like HFO may have not filed THEIR stuff in time. If the claim hasn't been recognised and goes before a Judge then there is a problem with the claimant, rather than yourself. As you have filed an aq ring the court back and remind them of it.

I think that HFO have been rumbled by the courts and are giving up.

just rang the court back, they said my AQ was filed 11th june, and is with my case. they have referred back to judge, and i am ringing on monday.

this is all new to me, sorry dont always understand the jargon lol...