You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1806 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm not sure if this is the right section but has anyone completed the competency based questions on a civil service application form before, as I'm stuck with it.

I've completed most of the form but just need to complete this section.

Thanks

I'm not sure if this is the right section but has anyone completed the competency based questions on a civil service application form before, as I'm stuck with it.

I've completed most of the form but just need to complete this section.

Thanks

Hello there.

Can you tell us what the questions are please?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Very similar to a cv you would send an employer. List any work, paid or unpaid, especially that related to the position you are applying for, and some evidence of that, and if you have kept them, your line manager reports.

Hobbies where you will have gained experience are also relevant.

Also make emphasis on being a 'team worker'.

Here are the questions :

Making Effective Decisions

Effectiveness in this area is about being objective; using sound judgement, evidence and knowledge to provide accurate, expert and professional advice. For all staff, it means showing clarity of thought, setting priorities, analysing and using evidence to evaluate options before arriving at well reasoned justifiable decisions.

Delivering at Pace

Effectiveness in this area means focusing on delivering timely performance with energy and taking responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes. For all staff, its about working to agreed goals and activities and dealing with challenges in a responsive and constructive way.

Managing a Quality Service

Effectiveness in this area is about being organised to deliver service objectives and striving to improve the quality of service, taking account of diverse customer needs and requirements. People who are effective plan, organise and manage their time and activities to deliver a high quality and efficient service, applying programme and project management approaches to support service delivery.

Collaborating and Partnering

People skilled in this area create and maintain positive, professional and trusting working relationships with a wide range of people within and outside the Civil Service to help get business done. At all levels, it requires working collaboratively, sharing information and building supportive, responsive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders, whilst having the confidence to challenge assumptions.

Thank you for the information. I'm not sure I would know where to start either, but other people will. Please bear with us until they're able to get here over the weekend. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

It's for a Admin Assistant role.

It's about giving an example that covers each competency, so an opening, middle and end.

collaborating and partnering maybe if you have worked as part of team on a project, what you did to get the info, how you used it and what the outcome was, all within the maximum number of words allowed.

It is about setting a scene, and giving them a storey.

Hope this helps

Anmarj.

• Haha 1

You need to tell a mini example of something you have been involved in that matches each competence. It's to show you can do the job because you have direct experience of doing exactly that situation.

For each of the scenarios you have listed, they may be broken down further into more bullet points (It's been a while since I looked at their application forms so this may have changed.)

The best way to do the example is STAR. Situation, Task, Action, Response. So what was happening, what did it require you to do, what did you do, what was the outcome.

It's really hard to write them sometimes as something doesn't fit squarely into a neat little 200 word story all the time. If this happens, and you are confident, tell a 'story' that is based around what you do, that you know you would do if the situation occurred. Not lying, more making a rounder and stronger version. This might not be needed depending on your background.

Never did me any harm and I worked in a Passport Office, got a promotion, and then in a JobCentre.

Hi all, just an update. I completed the online application form for the civil service as well as a test but was unsuccessful with my application. :(