BankFodder BankFodder

Kamalamrani

The absolute nightmare and shambles that is BT

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1644 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I've only been with BT since the 26th June and they have literally made a mess of absolutely everything!

First their system failed to process my original online order. This only came to light when my equipment didn't arrive and phone to inquire. As a result my order was delayed by 2 days.

They re-processed my order incorrectly, completely different package than I had ordered. Not sure why but I received the equipment three times!!

They changed my phone number (which I've had for 23 years) despite me asking them not to, they promised to reinstate it. This promised on the 26th and I was told it would take 24 hours. Till this day it's not be reinstated! Each time I call them they say it will be done within 3 days, it never does.

My BT Sport doesn't work, I was told their is an issue with my TV account and it will get fixed and someone contact me. They never have, I have spent so much time chasing up the phone number issue I have no energy to also chase this up!

When they re-processed my, because they ballsed up the original, they picked a completely different package to the one I asked for so now I am being charged for phone calls i make despite me choosing to have Unlimited Anytime Calls.

I'm also now ineligible for the Sainsbury's gift card as I didn't place my order online! Yes I did, but they had to re-process it so it's down as not being order online. Again I can't even be bothered to kick up a fuss as I just want them to return my number and charge me correctly.

What makes this whole thing even worse is their appalling customer service. I understand things go wrong but at least make an effort to deal with the issues! On numerous occasions I have been promised a call back and nothing! :-x:-x

Any advice on how to escalate a complaint? To be honest I'm not after any compensation or reimbursement, I just want the services I signed up to and am paying for! Is that too much to ask from BT?:|

Hi

While this may not elicit a response, you could try the CEO

gavin.e.patterson@bt.com

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thanks Sliverfox.

What will the consequences be if I sent BT a notice that I will not pay my bill until they have resolved all the outstanding issues? I currently have £30 of incorrect charges on my bill and BT say they cannot void those until the issue with my landline has been sorted, which looks like it will take a while! I'm thinking if i withhold payment they might sort themselves out and fix the issues i have.

I can't be absolutely certain but I think that BT don't file entries on your credit file but it would be worth checking the terms and conditions to ensure they don't.

You are well within your rights to withhold the incorrect charges but as for other charges (line rental etc.) I feel you should pay them 'under duress' and make sure they know it.

Others will disagree, as is the nature of forums. Any decision you make should be on an informed basis.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE