Flight time changes Ryanair

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3206 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Back in Feb i booked flights to spain and the flights are in 3 weeks. I paid a higher price to have ealier flight times at 6pm as i didnt want the later flight because i have 2 young children.

I got an email this morning to say my flights had now changed to 20.40 so 2hrs40mins later. No apologies just said that i could get a refund.Which im not going to do as the refund will probably take a week to get to me and i dont have the money to book more flights without it.

This is a huge inconvinence to us as not only did we pay the extra for the earlier flight, but will now cost us more to pay to keep our room on in the hotel, probably cost more in car parking and means we wont get home till after midnight.

Is there anything i can do? I dont think its acceptable that they can just change our flights like that with no apologies or no option to have any money refunded for the extra i paid.

As expected I cant get through to them as they probably have so many people calling about the same issues.

Thanks

They can change flight times. They have given you notice of this. At this moment, whilst it is inconvenient, you have not incurred any extra costs due to the revised flight time.

Before you could possibly claim back additional costs due to the changed flight time, you would have to evidence that you tried to mitigate against incurring these costs. I.e you would have to email the hotel about arriving later and they would have to charge you more, confirming the extra involved. You may find that they will not charge any more.

Very annoying, but i don't think you can do much. I very much doubt they would refund any additional costs due to the changed flight time, even if you sent them evidence. Do what you can to avoid extra costs and send a complaint when you get back from holiday.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread