PCN - Parking in a restricted street

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3201 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

Just looking for a bit of advice on the 9.6.2015 I got a pcn for parking in a restricted street. It stated that if you pay within 14 days then the fine would be reduced to half the original amount. I completely forgot about said pcn until the 25th of June and rang up the automated payment line straight away to pay.

It was completely automated and all I had to do was enter my reference number from the pcn into the telephone keypad which I did and the automated voice said the amount due to pay was £35 pound so that is what I paid and got a authorisation code.

Now fast forward to today and my partner who is the registered keeper of the vehicle has received a notice to owner letter saying the fine is unpaid.

Could someone help me in what I should do now. I have kept the authorisation code and the money has definitely been taken out of my account.j

OK, so they seem to think no payment was received, because they should have either closed the case as paid in full, or deducted the payment from the full amount, assuming they think the full amount was outstanding.

First thing to do is check the PCN numbers match, because there is a possibility that this is some other PCN.

If they do match, your partner will need to respond to the NTO in writing. Tick the box saying the PCN was paid in full, and enclose a copy of the bank statement, plus a brief note. He/she will have to sign it, as it is their debt.

If they want to argue that the 50% charge had expired, they will ask for the other half - but they can't say they didn't receive any payment at all, if you can prove it.

Incidentally, you can always call them and ask how many PCNs have been issued to that vehicle, to make certain there aren't two in existence.

OK, so they seem to think no payment was received, because they should have either closed the case as paid in full, or deducted the payment from the full amount, assuming they think the full amount was outstanding.

First thing to do is check the PCN numbers match, because there is a possibility that this is some other PCN.

If they do match, your partner will need to respond to the NTO in writing. Tick the box saying the PCN was paid in full, and enclose a copy of the bank statement, plus a brief note. He/she will have to sign it, as it is their debt.

If they want to argue that the 50% charge had expired, they will ask for the other half - but they can't say they didn't receive any payment at all, if you can prove it.

Incidentally, you can always call them and ask how many PCNs have been issued to that vehicle, to make certain there aren't two in existence.

Ok thanks for the reply got all my evidence printed off last night so will post it out recorded delivery today and will ring them this morning.