lowells and my HSGC credit card

sorrylittlelot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4622 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all I sent a CCA request for my HSBC credit card which I had in 2003 -2005.

After waiting for a few weeks and receiving the standard still trying to retrieve it letters, I got the following reply today -

"After liasing with HSBC Bank plc in an effort to obtain this document we have been advised that it is no longer available due to the length of time since the account was opened with you."

"At this time we have closed our file and will not make any further contact with you concerning payment against this account unless the copy of the agreement is received at some point in the future from HSBC Bank plc."

What happens now? can i get this debt removed from my file or am I in limbo?

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

Lowells have given up and as they've probably bought the debt & now closed their files that should be the end of it, but keep that letter in case another DCA crawls out from under a rock sometime in the future.

The default should drop off your file naturally six years after you first defaulted, but you could try sending Lowlifes an s.10 notice http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/586-legal-notice-issued-under-section-10-of-the-data-protection-act-1980 & have a read of; Knocked back by a DCA on a Sec 10 notice? - The Consumer Forums

• 1 year later...

Dear Mellissa,

Thank you for your e-mailed response the contents have which have been noted.

Firstly i would like to tell you what an absolute delight and pleasure it was talking to yet another CO-OP employee that fails to grasp the very simplest concept of good manners, courtesy and good customer service, Clearly the Co-ops policy on how to treat customers (the life blood of their business) is not actually in place to ensure that employees do a good job or be respectful with their conduct towards customers but as a guide on how to upset and irritate customers.

Once again the response you and the Co-op have deemed fit to send me as a pointless and untrue explanation and worthless apology is in fact laughable.

Clearly madam you have made no serious attempt to go through the back story on this case or in fact the recent conversation and e-mail i sent to Samantha Harris this morning, had you actually bothered to do that you would be aware and have taken in to consideration the following;

1; I am deaf in my right ear, which means that when you and the rest of your incredibly rude colleges repeatedly insist on discriminating against me and ignoring that fact that i have a hearing issue by continually talking over me i can’t hear a word you are saying, furthermore to talk over someone means that YOU are not listening to a word I am saying, so I'm curious as to how you think you can get a clear and concise picture of my many serious and on-going complaints when you have no idea what they actually are because you are far too busy talking over me to listen.

2; I DO NOT HAVE A BANK CARD, THIS IS NOW THE 5TH REQUEST FOR A CARD, DO YOU THINK THE CO-OP MIGHT POSSIBLY BE ABLE TO GET ONE TO SOME TIME SOON PERHAPS BEFORE MY 60TH BIRTHDAY OR IS 20 YEARS STILL INSUFFICIENT???? ideally I would like it by tomorrow when i go on holiday and would actually like to be able to access my money in my account or do the Co-op for some reason believe that i am not allowed to access my own money, perhaps the co-op would like to be able to tell me what i can actually spend my own money on or maybe if I'm a really lucky girl you might just dole me out a few pence of my own money here and there as pocket money, would that suit the co-op bank better??

3; At no point have i complained about not receiving statements that does appear to be the only thing Co-op get right, presumably so they can show off about my money that i have in your bank that i am unable to access due to the fact i HAVE NO CARD and all the lovely interest the co-op is making on my inaccessible money. I would like to add that i am grateful for the bank statement you did send me though particularly as it belonged to another customer all together, It made my day to think that for five minutes I had £86K languishing in my account that i was completely unaware off, that is of course until i noticed it was actually someone else’s account....

4; At no point have i ever declined a call back from your managers, they have declined or rather they can't be bothered to phone me back because THEY ARE JUST FAR TOO BUSY NOT DOING THEIR JOBS TO SPEAK TO A MERE CUSTOMER. And how selfish of me to expect them to actually resolve the endless myriad of on-going problems the useless CO-OP causes.

5; DATA PROTECTION; clearly CO-OP employees have not quite got as far as in their training as Data protection, this is obviously and alien subject to you people and not really something you need to worry your pretty little heads about particularly when you all have far more fun repeatedly screwing up customer accounts or deliberately upsetting the customers. SO let me enlighten you on what data protection actually is;

Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully and, in particular, shall not be processed unless –

(a) at least one of the conditions in Schedule 2 is met, and

(b) in the case of sensitive personal data, at least one of the conditions in Schedule 3 is also met.

Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes, and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with that purpose or those purposes.

Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which they are processed.

Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.

Personal data processed for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.

Personal data shall be processed in accordance with the rights of data subjects under this Act.

Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

Personal data shall not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.

If a breach of security occurs because the idiots at the bank send your bank statements to someone else altogether and send you that customers bank statements then; it is important to deal with the breach effectively. The breach may arise from a theft, a deliberate attack on your systems, the unauthorised use of personal data by a member of staff, accidental loss, or equipment failure. However the breach occurs, you must respond to and manage the incident appropriately. You will need a strategy for dealing with the breach, including:

Not pretending that this hasn’t happened at all despite the fact i have the others persons statement in my hand.

A recovery plan, including damage limitation;

Assessing the risks associated with the breach;

Informing the appropriate people and organisations that the breach has occurred; and

Reviewing your response and updating your information security.

NOW I KNOW I AM JUST A MERE MORTAL AND A CUSTOMER OF THE CO-OP SO REALLY OF NO CONSEQUENCE AND AS SUCH THE CO-OP BELIEVE THAT I AM SIMPLY TOO STUPID TO UNDERSTAND INTRICACIES OF SOMETHING AS DIFFICULT & COMPLEX AS DATE PROTECTION, BUT ALL OF THE ABOVE SEEM VERY CLEAR CUT AND SIMPLE TO ME AND NOT THAT DIFFICULT TO ADHERE TO OR UNDERSTAND, BUT THEN WHAT WOULD I KNOW AS A COMPANY DIRECTOR THAT DEALS WITH DATA PROTECTION ON A DAILY BASIS.

6; My account should not be with money management because IT IS NOT ME THAT HAS CAUSED THE PROBLEMS WITH MY ACCOUNT, it is in fact the extremely poor & repeated miss-management of my account by the CO-OP which the CO-OP have already repeatedly acknowledged, but seem to be unable to actually put right, One assumes that is because it would take a little bit of effort from your senior management team to do so, but then of course where would they find the time to fit in running their customers’ accounts properly in between fleecing the tax payer for all their hard earned cash in the form of non-repayable Trillion pound loans that they can then spend on lots jolly team building weekends and continued training of their staff in how to upset and abuse the worthless customer who is stupid enough to keep their money in a bank rather than in a hole in the ground or under the mattress at home where it would be about as safe.

7; I find your comments about the serious breach of data protection being part of the same complaints i have already have logged with the CO-OP a little odd, Is this because it saves you time by lumping them all together? or is it because; were you to deal with each and every serious issue i have risen with you bank might mean you would have to work over your lunch hour and miss out on all the fun of insulting the customer during phone calls instead of actually doing any work.

TO conclude I will now be charging the Bank for all of the man hours i have wasted and the endless premium rate telephone calls i have made to your useless customer service (should be renamed Customer NO service, go away were not interested!!) regarding the endless life draining complaints i have with your Bank, Furthermore i am now reporting you to the FSA and the ICO, I will also be logging an immediate complaint with the ombudsman and your CEO's OFFICE, But then I'm sure this will make no difference to the bank WHO DOESN'T CARE and sees their customers as mere cash cows rather than valued streams of income that should be treated with an iota of respect.

I look forward to NOT receiving the promised call from your manager because of course the co-op have no external phone lines ion which to call the customer beside it might just fall on her tea break and god forbid she miss out on the chocolate biscuits paid for by the customer to actually deal with someone as unimportant and insignificant as the customer that pay her wages.

Kindest regards,

Samantha Fry