Issue with used car dealer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I have an issue i need help with for a family member who brought a used car that turned out to be faulty.

The dealer agreed to repair and had the car for a day or so but returned it unrepaired. We then issued a LBA stating we would get repaired and sue for the bill. She refused one letter, listed as refused by royal mail on tracking, we eventually got a letter signed as delivered. The dealer has made no attempt to put anything right so we are going to sue. Now the car has been in the garage and we are told it will cost more to repair than the car cost.

My question is can we just reject the car and sue for a refund? The dealer is clearly not interested in helping so this is the only thing we can thing of.

We have made every attempt to give the dealer a chance and have every letter tracked, with the refusal and with texts telling us to 'be careful'.

Who do I sue? The classified ad we saw on ebay (although didnt by through ebay) was put up with an account of the husband. The person who they met to do the deal with was the wife. The receipt is in one company name and the money paid (bank transfer) was another company name but they didnt know that until seeing the statement. Who would you sue? The guy who listed the ad (his details are listed by ebay as the owner of the account).

What are you thoughts. We are fully prepared to go to court with this. It's less than a grand so small claims.

Ash.

If you think I have helped you, please add to my reputation by clicking the star button to the left.

Thankyou.

who do you sue? Name them all and they can then show that they are not the right entity. so sue Joe Bloggs t/a bloggs motors and Jane bloggs t/a bloggs carriage co and if they have only one addess then even better. If you have a business and home/registered address service to the home/registered address.

Edited by Conniff
corrected type (better)