O2 account still on hold with Lowell

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I have received a letter today from Hamptons legal regarding a debt I have with O2 - although I have never made any payment and have a SAR or the equivelant you receive for a mobile debt.

Basically the jist of the letter is thus -

We are now going to request a copy of your credit file from Experian the credit reference agency, which will help us decide what form of litigation is best for us to recover the monies that are due.

Any ideas folks?

I'm worse at what I do best and for this gift I feel blessed

Have you had any notice of assignment for this?

I'm not sure that HL should be doing this without your permission.

I have no idea whether any contract that you signed with O2 would even give O2 that right or whether that can be subcontracted or included in any assignment ...

You could try emailing Experian telling them that HL have contacted you & told you that they will be accessing your credit file & that you have never given your permission for them to access your credit file and that Experian should prevent their access to your file. Not sure that it would work though.

Hi all, I have received a letter today from Hamptons legal regarding a debt I have with O2 - although I have never made any payment and have a SAR or the equivelant you receive for a mobile debt.

Basically the jist of the letter is thus -

We are now going to request a copy of your credit file from Experian the credit reference agency, which will help us decide what form of litigation is best for us to recover the monies that are due.usual crap so you ring them in case they leave a mark.they know what form of litigation they can or can not take,and your cf will not help them,

Any ideas folks?

would get a complaint off to lowell.

call leeds 01133848848 TS who are interested in this latest veiled threat.

or forward a copy to them.or your local TS.

SAM

West Yorkshire Trading Standards

08454 04 05 06

0113 253 0241

Online complaint https://ssl.datamotion.com/(S(mp5xoh55bpntcm55tc4mtb55))/form.aspx?co=594&frm=complainform&ri=YH&to=enquiries

Inspections (trading standards)

PO Box 5

Nepshaw Lane South, Morley

Leeds

LS27 0QP

• 3 weeks later...

sup mush.

i is on o2 PAYG where me pays 10 pound a month for free texts to ny o2 num or 15 per month for free calls and texts to any o2 number.

my friend was on the same tarrif but changed it so he can pay 10 per month and get free texts to any network

nybody else know of this and how to do it?

£10 per month, free unlimited texts.... That sounds like either the virgin mobile sim-only deal, or o2 matched it :p (200 mins, unlimited texts, £10 per month)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

no thats with virgin mobile. Maybe she asked if they could match that product?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

I'm on O2 PAYG, if I top up £15.00 per month I get free unlimited texts.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

to any network?

Yes

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I spoke to O2 customer services about a problem I had logging into O2 online. When they sorted the login problem they offered me the free texts provided I topped up £15 on the same date each month.

and I never thaught I'd help someone who lives in a town that you cannot post on the forum 'cos of the swear filter :lol:

Keep us informed :) Good luck :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

• 5 years later...

Hi guys, please see the attached letter. This is the third time this has been issued to me after my SAR.

I know the debt is old 2004ish - however i believe scotcall took over for a while about 3 years ago and a few payments were made to them so its not gonna be SB yet.

Just wondering how long I have to wait for them to locate the paperwork?

Thanks

Hi guys, please see the attached letter. This is the third time this has been issued to me after my SAR.

I know the debt is old 2004ish - however i believe scotcall took over for a while about 3 years ago and a few payments were made to them so its not gonna be SB yet.

Just wondering how long I have to wait for them to locate the paperwork?

Thanks

SAR is usually 40 days, but often it takes longer for companies to supply docs.

Is the debt still on your credit record ? Worth checking.

Do you have grounds for dispute about the original 02 debt ? If so, you should register these with Lowells.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread