style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3094 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I tried to upgrade my sons Acer predator not too successfully, now it's that dreaded time birthday lol.

a while back I decided that I would try and build one,

bought an Aerocool GTS full tower case

also have the ram (Corsair Vengance 8GB) that wouldn't work in the predator,

also the graphics card (Radeon R9 270 twin frozr),

as this was going to cost about £1000 all in

I thought it would be best leaving it to the experts

and have contacted about 8 and have had only one quote

They have quoted:

Asus Z97-P Socket 1150 Motherboard

Intel Core i7 4790 3.60GHz Socket 1150 8MB L3 Cache Retail Boxed Processor

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5inch SSD

Samsung 24X Internal DVD Writer

Corsair RM 750W Fully Modular 80+ Gold Power Supply

The above parts, combined with yours, give the system a very strong start, with room for upgrade in the future.

Component Price for above : £650

Build Price: £50-£75

Install Operating System (Using Licence from prev machine) £45

What do people think about this and any suggestions about the components?

I was thinking that the full gamer motherboard with SLI or Crossfire might be better

(costs about an extra £50),

but not sure.

Any advice please?

doing a quick search shows those comps for about 570 if self bought online.

if they built it, wld it include any warranty beyond any manufacturers individual warranties.

wld you be able to build, and install the op system, yourself.

is cost an issue though, whats your budget.

maybe a blu ray combi if needed.

been awhile though since built my own, so not up to speed with current specs, partic re gaming. just some thoughts, and to bump yr thread :)

Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Socket AM3+ 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard 393530 3 in stock £140.28 £140.28

Update

Remove AMD FX-8350 4GHz Socket AM3+ 8MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor 409184 41 in stock £138.80 £138.80

late delivery cut-off and timed delivery unavailable for this item

Update

Remove Be Quiet Power Zone 750W Fully Modular 80+ Bronze Power Supply 546365 6 in stock £99.99 £99.99

Update

Remove Kingston SSDNow V300 240GB SATA 3 2.5inch SSD 447256 > 99 in stock £65.64 £65.64

Update

Remove Seagate 2TB BARRACUDA 3.5" SATA-III Hard Drive - 7200RPM 64MB Cache 319641 18 in stock £59.15 £59.15

Save as List Cart total inc vat: £503.86

• 1 month later...
Not so future proof why spend money on a dvdrw why not use this time on your build to use a BDRW instead? 10 discs from £5.99 and 25gb space too?

Deffo Blu ray writer, use mine to burn Blu R ay for clients video projects Sony DVD Author can create and burn Blu ray with sophisticated menus.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

• 2 months later...

Worked in IT for over a decade, never seen anyone need a blueray writer for anything ever, not even a film company we worked with.

If your son just needs a pc for gaming / internet. This will be fine as it is.

Take a look on overclockers.co.uk - They sell the barebones of computers, can be a good place to start if you're looking to do your own.

Joey, and san, as this thread is from September, the computer has probably been built and being used., however, a Pi as an additional machine is a good idea. As to Blu-Ray writers, I use one frequently for clients who want a physical medium for HD video.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!