injury claim on an non fault accident - Lost case. £6000 demanded.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys.

1. white ziz zag line i was stopped to pick up client at 00:37 for 46 seconds.

2. date of contravention is 14/03/15

3. date of notice was 17/06/15.

4. date when i got it was 27-28/06/15.

i am a pco driver with pco car. and it is a white ziz zag line.

1. i am sure white i can park 90%.

2. it was for 46 seconds according to the video.

3.it was way past midnight.

also it is 5 months old.

it is a hired car.

can i appeal the decision?

Ali

very doubtful. Stopping on a zig zag is a big no-no unless its due to traffic/breakdown etc or more often, allowing pedestrians to cross.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 4 years later...

Hi guys.

Someone did an injury claim on an non fault accident. As the wife had an ongoing issue with her hips and legs she refused to do injury claim.

However her spouse did it. He had some strong pain killers already from previous.

However for this accident pacifically he did not visit a doctor nor has any documentation saying he was injured.

His adviser told him to go to the court.

He did and lost as there is no evidence of injury.

Adviser has washed his hands of any liability and that person does injry claims.

Only NOW has my friend realized without evidence this case should not of gone to court.

ANYHOW the issue is all the other sides legal costs have been awarded and my friend needs to pay.

1. he does not have £6080.50.

2. he is willing to pay monthly.

He has advised the lawyers but they are saying no pay in full or else we will get bailiffs.

Can he pay monthly, he is willing to show bank statements etc to prove he can only afford £100.

also what of the bad legal advise from these no win no fee lawyers who should never have sent the case to court.

If they do not accept the £100 what can my friend do? Or what can they do?

Ali

stick in an N245. vary the judgement.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What an interesting life you lead with all your friends and family, and their complex legal problems that they let you post about on their behalf (for so many relatives). (Which is why, previously, I’ve suggested they post, instead of having you as their proxy).

Putting my scepticism of you always posting for friends / relatives aside : if this was a “no win, no fee” case, how did it get to proceed without (self-insuring) ATE (after the event) insurance?

As ever, we either aren’t being given the full story, or your story lacks the ring of truth.

I don’t know which it is .....

Either will preclude valid advice even if the situation actually exists.

Edited by BazzaS

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I was hoping the only person to insult and make any request for help painful like cancer would not be here. Sir can u go away and leave me alone.

I am allowed to ask for help and i am allowed to ask questions.

the case was dismissed for "fundamentally dishonest". the case was injury claim as there is no injury so therefore case dismissed as dishonest so ATE insurance is invalid or not paying.

the reason why it was dismissed is because there is no medical evidence which he could provide. his lawyers knew this, did not advise. now they have disowned him and not willing to help.

So hes left with £6k to pay and he cant afford it. He can afford £100 a month and thats it.

Ali

Tinsley v Milligan got superseded by Patel v Mirza, but the concept of ‘Ex turpi causa non oritur actio’ applies.

Don’t expect relief from the courts for fundamental dishonesty and unlawful acts.

So, no claim.

My point about “not the whole story” still stands.

The Court didn’t just find that there wasn’t enough proof of the injury : it found that there was sufficient proof the claim was dishonest.

So, you’ve had your answer:

a) No claim, due to the fundamental dishonesty

b) N245, ask for a variance.

The courts aren’t much minded to help the fundamentally dishonest though.

Was the judgment sum ordered “forthwith”?

thank you for the kind response.

2 responses are enough help for the idiot, liar and dishonest person to further seek own advise over the phone with solicitors and go to county court and ask about the form.

i will not further waste anyone time on a moron who makes injury cases with no medical assistance thinking he can get a quick buck. n245 is the best advise and he can do his own research.

thank you to everyone.

When i was told about the n245 i told him and spoke to his wife.

his wife insisted for him to go to the GP as he got shook up pretty bad as he was parked with no seat belt.

he was too stubborn to go and was had some strong pills for pain when he broke his leg, ankle.

then the insurance broker / person who did the necessary paperwork and passed him to the solicitors always said the same thing, no DR means dont go to the court.

The case went on for two years and last hearing was in early jan.

the courts paid or accepted his win over the accident and awarded him £1800 for his injury claim

the dishonesty bit was "written" in somewhere.

he wont the accident and lost the injury part.

now hes having to pay for their legal costs.

i am assuming his defence bill was paid by the insurance and they refused to pay more because of the dishonesty part.

hence he feels his lawyers have washed their hands off him.

He has called some retired civil servant / legal person who will help him with the n245.

all i was asked was

" i have lost my injury claim after 2 years of legal action, my lawyer have disowned me, what can i do"

so i came to the forum and asked for help.

i am going in detail because me calling him names might not make sense.

he did not tell me the full story

nor did he metion that at every stage people requested either he stops or goes to the DR first.

he did not follow good advise.

anyhow thank you.

That is the hazard of posting half the story.

That is the hazard of you posting for your relatives, instead of them giving the story and asking the question(s) themselves.

Which is why, 8 months ago, I advised you on your previous thread:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/416806-divorce-and-property-advise/?tab=comments#comment-4992019

On 26/05/2019 at 20:15, BazzaS said:

OP's family situation gets more complex with every posting of new twists and turns.

This time it is both his sister AND her friend.

I can only suggest the OP gets each of his relatives / friends with their complex queries to post here themselves : he's not doing them any favours by asking his questions with some combination of being::

a) devoid of relevant info,

b) with info that later turns out to be not the actual situation, or

c) with ever evolving stories.......

Additionally, the circumstances for each are unlikely to be identical, so the answer for each may be different .....

Trying to give accurate info without correct details to base it on isn't likely to be a good use of respondents' time....

Edited by BazzaS

• dx100uk changed the title to injury claim on an non fault accident - Lost case. £6000 demanded.