Vodafone redirect caused fraud on bank account - help #10866316

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2901 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I was wondering whether anyone has any good letter templates regarding a breach of data protection compliant against Vodafone.

Basically, I tried to access my internet banking the other day only to be told that I was inputting the wrong password. I knew for a fact the password I was inputting was correct.

After this failed a number of times I went online and tried to re-set my password with Lloyds bank. If anyone banks with Lloyds then they will know that in order to change your password for online banking they have to call you and you have to enter the 4 digit number provided on the screen. So I requested that they call my mobile phone (which I always do) however I wasn't receiving the phone calls even though it said on screen we are calling you now.

I tried again the next morning and it still wasn't working so I called Lloyds Bank to see what the problem was.

I was told by Lloyds bank that there has been fraud on my account, all monies had been transferred from my savings account into my current account and then attempted to be transferred from my current account overseas via Western Union. Lloyds realised this was fraud and did not allow for the payment to go through. Having discussed this with Lloyds and explaining what had happened they advised my that there must have been a diversion on my phone as someone had received the phone call with the 4 digit code and entered it correctly.

I then called Vodafone who first told me that there was in fact interference/diversions on my mobile and that she would take them off for me immediately. After 1 hour and 12 minutes on hold I called Vodafone again off a different number to speak to someone else to explain my dissatisfaction with Customer Service and distress caused regarding the fraud on my account only to be told by this person that there were no diversions on my phone and that there never has been. I know for a fact the first lady told me there was and that they are not in any breach of data protection.

I then asked them to confirm what phone calls have been made to Vodafone regarding my account in the 3 days, I was advised that I called them 2 days prior (the day before the fraud happened) requesting a copy of my phone bill to be emailed. I NEVER MADE THIS PHONECALL so there is a breach of data protection as they clearly discussed my account with someone else.

Well after hours on the phone trying to make a complaint speaking to many different call centres based in the UK, India and South Africa I have still got no where!

Can anybody help me out as I am not sure exactly what I need to put in my letter?

Thanks

In response to S.O.S sent by fkofilee.....

Hi Shelley,

Get Lee to have a look............

CAG has a very successful vodafone Rep operating here.

We would advise you to follow this method to alert them to your thread:

If you'd like any help from Lee, email your details via the Contact us form here ( http://www.vodafone.co.uk/contact-form/index.htm)

To access the form, you MUST enter the code 'WRT135' and then state CAG Forum in the question box along with your query.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post this reference in your thread as soon as possible.

Vodafone UK.

CAG.

Regards,

Scott.

Send an email to Lee, CAG's Vodafone Rep. You will be sent an email with a reference number.. pop back here and post the reference number in a post and Lee will then look in and help.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

In response to S.O.S sent by fkofilee.....

Send an email to Lee, CAG's Vodafone Rep. You will be sent an email with a reference number.. pop back here and post the reference number in a post and Lee will then look in and help.

That contact thing doesnt work for me?!?! ekk... Sorry I would have posted it myself.

Anyway the OP has now gotten her ref; #10866316 Hopefully LEe will see it soon.

Could we amend the title to include it please Cit B :)

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

reference # added to title

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi, what you need to do is remember the dates and times of the calls to VF so that they can retrieve the recordings. VF don't keep them for long so you need to ensure these calls are protected just in case.

If VF state they can't find the recordings, you may need to SAR them to get the account info which may also show up the fraud as well.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi, what you need to do is remember the dates and times of the calls to VF so that they can retrieve the recordings. VF don't keep them for long so you need to ensure these calls are protected just in case.

If VF state they can't find the recordings, you may need to SAR them to get the account info which may also show up the fraud as well.

Would it be worth her doing a SAR anyway. Should she try the police. Just wondering

Would it be worth her doing a SAR anyway. Should she try the police. Just wondering

Possibly but at the moment, the only benefit I could see is to get the info on the fake caller and see if they passed security and if so, how?

The police may (but equally may not) decide to act as the bank had already stopped the fraud. ActionFraud may be OK though.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Well Lee @ Vodafone is a complete waste of time, told me to go into the store to sort my broken phone who then told me that they don't know why I was advised to come into store as they could not help. WASTE OF PETROL AND TIME!! As is everybody else at Vodafone that I have spoken with.

My fraud case is still being looked into and I have been told that I cannot cancel my contract which is due to end in September until the fraud case has been resolved.

I raised my fraud query with Vodafone on 9th July and have yet received any response or update. However, I am still paying for this shocking service and have been told that until all is resolved or looked into properly at their end that there is nothing I can do about it.

He asked you to go because the store would send it off for repair. Lee is one of the good things about Voda, regardless of their poor customer service....!

I actually agree with Voda. Leave the account as it is for now, until the investigation is completed. These fraud issues, sometimes take a little while. If its not resolved by the 25th July, let us know.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Well I retract my previous statement about Lee, he has been in touch and been very helpful. The only person at Vodafone that has actually tried to help me!

However, I have now received a letter from Vodafone to confirm that there was fraudulent activity on my account and that it has now been removed, the letter says nothing more. It states that my online Vodafone account was hacked and that diverts were put on my phone from my online account. Other than my very first phone call to Vodafone about the fraud I have been told that there were no diversions on my phone and that there never has been. This was a blatant lie and delayed me getting access to my bank account.

I am not happy with this and would now like to make an official complaint to Vodafone. Does anybody have any decent complaint template letter I could use? I didn't have a bank card for a week so very limited access to money during that time, had to take half a day of work to try and sort this out with Vodafone when the problem first came to light. I literally spent approx. 5-6 hours on the phone to Vodafone (nearly 2 hours on my first phone call, wasted a trip to the Vodafone store after being advised to do this and have been very distressed and upset with the whole issue.

I don't think that a letter confirming that there was fraud on my account and that its now been removed is a good enough response from Vodafone.

Thanks

Unfortunately, there is no dedicated template letters for VF as otherwise the forum would fill up with loads of them as almost every complaint we see is different from another.

The first thing to remember is that you must head the letter 'Formal Complaint'. Many companies that don't see the words won't treat it as a complaint.

Lay out a short paragraph about why you are complaining and follow that with short bullet points of complaint.

End with a paragraph detailing what you would like VF to do to resolve this matter

Send the letter by signed for delivery so that you know they have received it then start the 8 week period they have to respond.

Well Lee has again just created more problems told me my exchanged phone would be delivered yesterday between 8am & 6pm waited in all day and it never arrived!! I called Vodafone at 17:50pm to say that I was concerned that the phone had still not been delivered yet only to be advised that the delivery hours are between 8am & 8pm so again sat there waiting until 8pm and called Vodafone back to advise them that it has still not been delivered.

I was then promised a call back at 9am this morning to re-arrange a delivery suitable to me, never received that phone call but just got a phonecall off my partner who is home today to advise me that the DPD delivery driver arrived at the house but would not leave the phone because I wasn't there to give him my phone. I was told by the manager yesterday to take my phone to work with me so that he could call me at 9am to re-arrange a delivery even if that means delivering it to my work address.

I am now without a working phone for yet another day!! I have called Vodafone again asking to speak to a manager only to be told that no one is available at the minute but that a manager could call me back today between 1pm and half1 (lets see if I actually get this call back).

I have also emailed Lee twice asking for him to call me as a matter of urgency as he is the one who arranged the exchange. No response from him either!!

What a waste of my time yet again!!! Such bad customer service with no one to help me..

Lee has other people to deal with as well :/

He is clearing up a lot of the mess that is going on here. Look at the threads. Tons on Vodafone!

Lee will come back to you. Just relax, I know its priority but it needs to be done bit by bit...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 8 months later...

Well at it again with Vodafone, they have not cancelled one of my mobiles under contract even though the agreement end date was 14/04/2016 and despite me calling them in February, March and again on Friday. I have also been overcharged £18+ which is incorrect tried to dispute this and keep getting told I will get a call back but not.... what can I do from here.....???