Collectica notice of enforcement - outstanding fine for TV License - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

Hoping someone can give me some advice to let me know what my options are, and whether or not this company is being unreasonable. Thanks in advance.

I received a notice of enforcement from Collectica for a outstanding fine for TV License. My own silly fault that I did not pay it but to be honest it wasn't something I could afford.

It says I owe money to HM Courts and Tribunals service which I assume is serious. Is this the type of debt that allows the enforcement office to let themselves in to my home?

It says I have until tomorrow to pay or make an arrangement, which I have tried to do but they want the whole amount (£415) in full today. I explained that, that was impossible. I'm a single mum with a 1yr old going through financial difficulties and was told the minimum I could pay is £25 a week. Again, that would be impossible in my current situation.

I called back and asked for it to be put in writing that £25 a week was the only amount they were prepared to accept and was given a stern no. I asked him to repeat the offer so I could record him saying it after I was told I could get a recording but would have to pay for it. I'm not sure what I would do with the recording anyway but thought it wouldn't be any harm to have it. I have spoken to two people both rude and unhelpful and both stating paying in full or a minimum of £100 a month is my only option.

He said it is not means tested so they cannot do an I&E with me and because the fine is so old (Dec 2014) that is the best offer I will get.

If anyone has any advice, information I can take back to them to get a better offer in place, or something that can hold them off from coming round and kicking down the door that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Phone Magiistrates to see if you can get a means hearing to set the payments, based on what you can afford. They might not be helpful, now it is with an Enforcement Company, but you can try. Explain that the Enforcement Agent has refused offer of a payment arrangement and your circumstances.

Come back, after you have spoken to the court. Because it is a Magistrates fine and TV licence is not decriminalised, they can force entry, if you refused to make payments.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Is that the magistrates court the case was heard at? How would I find out where that is and what their contact details are? Sorry so much has happened since then I cannot remember where it was. I didn't actually go to the hearing I just sent a letter in.

Is that the magistrates court the case was heard at? How would I find out where that is and what their contact details are? Sorry so much has happened since then I cannot remember where it was. I didn't actually go to the hearing I just sent a letter in.

Phone your nearest Magistrates court and they should be able to help.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Is there anything else I can try? I'm worried about the time and I have to pick my son up from nursery soon. Once he gets home I won't be able to do much

Is there anything else I can try? I'm worried about the time and I have to pick my son up from nursery soon. Once he gets home I won't be able to do much

Ask Collectica what Magistrates is dealing with this. Phone the relevant court to request the means hearing at your nearest Magistrates. They can transfer it over to them.

Someone finally picked up, she is just talking to her manager to see what can be done. She said I need to speak to the compliance centre but their automated messages says that once it is with enforcement officers they cannot assist. Hopefully she comes back with good news.

Ok - she said that there was an agreement made to pay £20 a month, which is completely reasonable, however I have no knowledge of that and had I known it is definitely somthing I would've stuck to. I'm going to call the collections and compliance people and see.

Failing that looks like I'm screwed :(

Collections and compliance say the only thing I can do is email Collectica's head office explaining my situation. The only way they can intervene is if I have a medical condition (which I don't).

Does anybody have any experience with this, and whether or not my email will result in some positive news?

Thanks again

If you were unaware of the fine, which it sounds that you are?

Maybe you have moved address?

You will be entitled to make a Statutory Declaration (Stat Dec) but you only have 21 days from becoming aware of the fine to make one

. You can make this at your local Magistrates' Court if the originating court is too far away

. Don't let your local court tell you it has to be made at the original court, they just don't want the hassle

. If you are not able to make a stat dec you maybe able to get the case reopened but this has to be done at the originating court and you do have to attend.

By doing either of these 2 things will get the "Distress Warrant" withdrawn or warrant of control as they are called now.

Good Luck