Athena ANPR Civil Parking Charge Notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3199 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am expecting a civil PCN to land any day now after being told it had been received by my employer (I drive a company car). I have read quite a lot of previous posts but seem to see half saying ignore the PCN, and another half saying don't ignore it, appeal it. As a lot of these previous posts go back months/years, I dont know if the best way of handling them has changed so am hoping for a more up to date suggestion of a response.

I pulled into a car park (Lidl) while on a hands free phone call, knowing it was going to go on for ages so thought it best to just stop and pick it up. 25 minutes later, I finish the call and leave the car park. Must admit, I was completely oblivious to the fact it wasn't a free car park. I worked on the assumption that if a car park attendant needed me to move, I am sitting in the car so can do so. There were loads of free spaces so I wasn't taking up a valuable space.

I have since been back and there are signs dotted around to say max of 60 mins for Lidl (and another store) customers but they cant be that obvious as I didn't notice them when I went in (see attached).

So my questions are:

1. Should I ignore any correspondence I get?

2. Do I have an explanation good enough to make a legitimate appeal?

3. Should I just pay the fine and forget about it (even though I think its disgusting).

Thanks in advance for any help.

But I'd be classed as a 'non-customer' as mentioned on the sign? - A charge of £90 applies to the driver of vehicles that exceed these time limits and all non customers'. And then there is the bit below about those who do not properly register their vehicle at checkout.

if you were only there for 25 minutes they would have a record of your vechicle going in and then 25 minutes later going out,the customer bit is irrelavant.

im assuming you were in there for longer than an hour and that has triggered them to issue the demand.

Nope. I drove in, made the phone call for 25 mins, drove out. Didn't get out the car. I assumed they must have some sort of system where Lidl verifies you were a customer.

not that im aware of,the trigger is staying and being recorded via ANPR overstaying the hour.

write a letter asking for proof of overstay then forget about it till you hear back then return to this thread and update us

main thing is dont worry its a speculative invoice.

the ANPR syatem has clocked your car not having its reg entered into the Lidl system.

This might be a requirement for the parking company but is it a requirement for Lidl? I have been shopping in Lidl where I arrived by foot so do I pay a £90 charge for not registering my inside leg measurement? I bet the wroding on the signage doesnt say anything about people who dont park so you wont be bound by a contract that doesnt apply.

The signage must be readable as you eneter the car park as it is offering you a contract, if you ahve to go somewhere else to find it then it isnt a contract that can be formed under offer and consideration as you havent had the offer.

As this has been passed on to you then you should write to the parking co and say that you were not parked and having read the signage you decided not to shop at Lidl and left. As it took so long to actually read and digest the signs you have clearly made it seen like an age had passed but had declined their offer for parking and so expect them to cancel their stupid demand. (yes, use those words as they are being stupid and so are Lidl employing them)