Hardlands / CRS / Gym

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I used to live in the midlands (now in york) and took out a gym membership back in April 2012 with the windmill village and golf course. I fell into a long term illness (just got over it) after being with the gym for about 3 months. I ended up having to leave my job and the last thing on my mind was the gym so I failed to pay the membership. After another month or so I got a letter from the infamous CRS demanding I paid the £430.56 in membership fees I still owed but because I couldn't pay in time I rang them and told them I could only afford to pay £10 a month. They agreed but then sent a letter out saying I owed the previous amount as well as a new £210 charge that had been added (£15 setting up fee and £195 handling fee which was £3 per instalment) which brought the total to £646.56. At the time I was no wiser and too ill to challenge any of this so just went along with it.

I don't have a copy of the original gym membership agreement that I signed and so far I have paid off £410 of what I owed. Now I am better I searched online to see if these extra £210 charges were in fact legal and found all of your threads which lead me to starting my own and see if I can just pay off the remaining £20.56 that I owe to the gym then ignore the ridiculous charges CRS have added. I don't really know what my options are from here.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Rich

Hi Rich and welcome to CAG

I hope you'll have seen enough threads here to gather that we challenge admin fees every time, on the basis that they are penalty charges.

Please confirm :-

1. The normal monthly m/ship fee.

2. The date you last paid a DD fee.

I would have advised you that you needed only to give the club or their admin company one months notice to quit due to illness.

Do not pay CRS another penny - they've bled you dry long enough. Simply ignore them for now, until we've had a chance to consider the matter properly.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi there,

First of all thanks for the reply, I wish the world was full of people like you guys and not money grabbing CRS.

I did notice that the threads were saying not to pay the charges that they'd put on. I'm afraid I don't know the monthly membership fee as I don't have any of the old details from back in 2012, all I have now is that original letter from CRS. Should I try contacting the gym? If so what should I say?

The last payment I made was on the 19/06/2015.

Thanks again,

Rich

Hi Rich,

If you can't remember the monthly fee, it's not so important.

I think you should send Harlands a SAR - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387310-Targeted-Subject-Access-Request-**Correct-as-at-October-2013**

This will get you the info you need.

Adapt the letter to refer to your gym m/ship and reference number.

Send the letter to Halands by RM Signed For delivery and keep the receipt safe.

If in any doubt, let me know.

Edited by slick132

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Noted and keep us posted ...........