BankFodder BankFodder

Happyandcontent

Visit by" multi benefit review officer" without appointment, what is this for?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1728 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Dear Caggers,

My friend has been claiming ESA (support group) and DLA for a few years now, after a severe stroke......

He lives with his mother (who is a pensioner) and cares for him.

They had a random visit from a "multi benefit review officer" with no prior arrangement, however, my friends mother refused entry and they have to telephone to arrange a re-visit with both my friend and his mother in attendance.

Obviously, to have an unannounced visit causes great anxiety. Could anyone clarify what this is for? Is it to do with ATOS medicals?

My friend has never claimed carer's allowance as he thought he was not entitled to as its his mother and this is exempt......