DVD player bought from Currys

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3105 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On the 2nd of December last year, I bought an LG 3d Blu Ray player (for my bedroom) from Currys. Yes, they offered the extra cover but I declined.

Two days ago, during one of my poor health days, I thought I would put a film on in my bedroom only to find that the player didn't switch on. I tried everything (new fuse, new battery for the remote) all to no avail.

Yesterday, I took it back. I set my phone up to record the dismissive attitude of the Currys staff and being prepared to give them what for.

Currys failed me miserably! They swapped the ruddy thing with no fuss.

Bugger! :lol:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

On the 2nd of December last year, I bought an LG 3d Blu Ray player (for my bedroom) from Currys. Yes, they offered the extra cover but I declined.

Two days ago, during one of my poor health days, I thought I would put a film on in my bedroom only to find that the player didn't switch on. I tried everything (new fuse, new battery for the remote) all to no avail.

Yesterday, I took it back. I set my phone up to record the dismissive attitude of the Currys staff and being prepared to give them what for.

Currys failed me miserably! They swapped the ruddy thing with no fuss.

Bugger! :lol:

Often depends on the store staff and also how you approach them. If you are nice and have a genuine issue, they will be helpful.

Also the product is one where they would have plenty of stock and is easy to replace.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 months later...

I know this is probably tongue and cheek, but people could really take your comments wrong. This site is basically setup to highlight bad service, yet when things go as they should and there is a good news story, you bemoan it! This site is very useful, but jeez your site team, set an example.

I know this is probably tongue and cheek, but people could really take your comments wrong. This site is basically setup to highlight bad service, yet when things go as they should and there is a good news story, you bemoan it! This site is very useful, but jeez your site team, set an example.

Of course it was tongue in cheek. Currys normal customer service leave a lot to be desired which is why I posted with a laughing face after. I have had problems with Currys in the past and this was a welcome change.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE