style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1467 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone

Please I need someone's help I have a TV and sofa from perfect home but now due to debt and benifit cut I am unable to afford the weekly amount anymore I emailed perfect home to explain I got a reply from them saying they will have to see bank statements before they think about collecting the stuff, why do they need bank statements?

I am not sure what to do next? I am behind on payments two weeks because I can not pay anymore please someone help :(

Stop worrying. They cant do much right now. They certainly cant come round to your house and force entry to take stuff.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Duplicate threads merged. Match, if you can't see what you've just typed, try hitting the Refresh button on your browser. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

The sofa I have had over 3 years and has £147.78 left and the TV have not had long about 7 month's and has £2,392.67, can anyone advice me on what to do next please.

£2400 left to pay on a TV? Do yourself a favour and let them take it back!

You can buy a perfectly good large screen TV for £200-£300. Save up for that rather than pay these chancers £2k for the privilege.

I know my fault, I have asked them to take it back but they want bank statements even before they think of taking it back why do they want bank statements?

Sounds like they want to check you genuinely can't afford the goods rather than just saying you can't because you've changed your mind.

Whether they have any right to do so is another matter entirely.

They can't see bank statements as that's personal info. They have no right to see who you are making payments to.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

If you have paid 50% off of the total agreement amount, you are able to return the product for them. It is standard practice with hp agreements that you would be required to pay 50% of the total balance, this would be shown in the terms and conditions.

I would expect that as you haven't paid the 50% then they would look at ' forbearance'. I think it is reasonable for them to ask for proof of your financial difficulty in order to look at returning the goods if you haven't paid 50% off the contract amount. It also falls under the fca conc 7.3.5 that a customer provides evidence of financial difficulty.

They are unable to remove the goods without your consent if you have paid over a third however if there is a failure to paid over a certain period this may result in a default which may show on you credit file, making credit harder to get in the future. It would benefit you to provide evidence of financial difficulty in order for them to take the goods back.