Tunisia holiday problems. Help!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3208 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have and am having a nightmare with holiday on line operator and need some help.

I booked a holiday on line with teletext holidays to Tunisia. Leaving 19.7.15

Then the slaughter in Sousse on 26th June made me want to cancelled my trip. I was taking my two children 15&17away. They would not be allowed by their mother to go and they were scared

The contact to the online agents were a nightmare,finally got through, to be told I couldn't cancel as theFO had not declared the destination unsafe and that the only alternative was to rebook to another destination. And quickly as it had to be done within the 14 days of the departure or forfeit all money paid.

This would be done without penalties or charges,

It now transpired that the on line agent was advising me that I had to make these rearrangements myself as it was my own personal booking.?????? 14 telephone calls and hours of music by musak, later I was getting desperate, no airlines had flights available, I had been booked with Thomson fly and they couldnt or wouldn't help,I'm suddenly trying to be a travel agent "!!!.b

Insisted in talking to a supervisor at teletext holidays, they again said they would help but I had to do everything as they were not travel agents only booking on my behalf. So I refused to accept that argument and insisted they re arrange , which they did but at considerably more cost.

Only got confirmation on the 8th July and no baggage had been booked, so I then had to get Thomson fly to add bags and pay for them and seat allocations another 400 quid. That same night at 9.00 pm a note was posted on teletext holidays stating that the Foreign Office had declared Tunisia unsafe for travelling and recommended all brits return.

Would I be within my rights to request a complete refund,as all subsequent actions were forced on me by there original refusal to cancel the holiday.

Edited by citizenB

What travel company is it ? Are they a Member of ABTA ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I do not think you can request a refund, as Teletext holidays or whoever the booking was with could only go by the information they had at the time from the Foreign Office. The additional costs incurred were before the FO made the announcement.

It is just really bad timing, as had the FO made the announcement earlier you would have been able to obtain a cancellation refund. Also had you left it late, your holiday would have been cancelled by the tour operator, as soon as the FO made the announcement.

Enjoy the new holiday you have arranged and when you get back have a look into whether you can make a complaint about the unfair situation of incurring these costs because Teletext Holidays could not originalły assist you. I am not sure what Teletext Holidays are signed up to in terms of regulator e.g. ABTA

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Company was an on line operator teletext holidays, all easy when booking and paying for original destination, very different when having to change. They then kept harping on that they were not responsible as they were booking directly in our names to airlines and other people involved in holiday. I finally insisted that they book all changes as they had done that on the original holiday, they did, but were not happy about it. Await your response,thanks PHOTO

I do not think you can request a refund, as Teletext holidays or whoever the booking was with could only go by the information they had at the time from the Foreign Office. The additional costs incurred were before the FO made the announcement.

It is just really bad timing, as had the FO made the announcement earlier you would have been able to obtain a cancellation refund. Also had you left it late, your holiday would have been cancelled by the tour operator, as soon as the FO made the announcement.

Enjoy the new holiday you have arranged and when you get back have a look into whether you can make a complaint about the unfair situation of incurring these costs because Teletext Holidays could not originalły assist you. I am not sure what Teletext Holidays are signed up to in terms of regulator e.g. ABTA

Thanks for view, I personally feel I should have a chance because everything I did after the Sousse slaughter, was done under duress. They wouldn't allow the holiday to be rescheduled later, it all had to be done before the 14j day precancellation date or suffer loss.

Not a good way to book a holiday. Thanks anyway. PB

Thanks for view, I personally feel I should have a chance because everything I did after the Sousse slaughter, was done under duress. They wouldn't allow the holiday to be rescheduled later, it all had to be done before the 14j day precancellation date or suffer loss.

Not a good way to book a holiday. Thanks anyway. PB

There are a few forums online where you can get expert travel advice, so worth looking. I cannot remember which one, but there is one forum for regular travellers, where you have real expertise where they know all the regulations that apply to travel companies.

Because you made the changes before the FO action, unless you can point to something in your contract with teletext or tour operator, i would think it would be difficult to claim back these others costs. Travel companies will have thousands of people in your situation.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

You don't mention insurance. Does that mean you didn't get any initially.

ABTA is the Association of British Travel Agents, so as operators teletext wouldn't be members. I don't know if ATOL may be relevant.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

ABTA is the Association of British Travel Agents, so as operators teletext wouldn't be members. I don't know if ATOL may be relevant.

Insurance would not cover costs of booking another trip, before any FO announcement not to travel. Not wanting to travel to a destination because of some event, without any FO warning not travel, is excluded as disinclination to travel. The only slight hope is the travel company offering a discretionary payment.

FO statement about Tunisia against any travel latest

Foreign Office advises against all but essential travel to Tunisia - Press releases - GOV.UK

Gov.UK‎ - 3 days ago

More news for for

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

This is from the Teletext Holidays website: http://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/

Bookings are arranged by Truly Travel Ltd (a member of the TTA (U6466), under the trading name Teletext Holidays unless otherwise stated. Products and prices are subject to availability and Truly Travel Ltd’s and the applicable supplier’s terms & conditions, and you must read these carefully before making any booking. We do not sell ‘Package’ holidays. Each product is priced separately and independently, creating direct and separate contracts between you and the applicable supplier(s). We are not a party to any such contract. All ratings shown on this website are those of the supplier and may not be the official classification. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of any ratings given. For full Terms & Conditions please click the link above. Many of the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the ATOL scheme. But ATOL protection does not apply to all holiday and travel services listed on this website. Please ask us to confirm what protection may apply to your booking. If you do not receive an ATOL Certificate then the booking will not be ATOL protected. If you do receive an ATOL Certificate but all the parts of your trip are not listed on it, those parts will not be ATOL protected. Please see our booking conditions for information, or for more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to: http://www.atol.org.uk/ATOLcertificate.

So Teletext Holidays is a Trading Name of Truly Travel Ltd.

This is there Terms & Conditions Link: http://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I have a yearly travel cover, so does my partner. So I hope I'm covered. I did not insure my two children, asked their mother to get that done, and she hasn't, so could be half the holiday costs gone. pb