• Tweets

• Airlines in the region are coming up with different strategies to tackle the pandemic travel slump. View the full article
    • The 46,000-year-old Juukan Gorge rock shelters were destroyed to make way for an iron ore mine last year. View the full article
    • yep did warn of this before.   let it run they'll sell it on.  
    • Update from FOS. They have sided with Tesco Bank. Their main reasoning for this is due to "floor limit's"   Thee statement the FOS put is as follows: "Regardless of who the retailer is, it’s not unusual for stores to have the aforementioned ‘floor limit’ in place. And if the store doesn’t request authorisation from Tesco for the transaction to be approved then it doesn’t have the opportunity to decline it, and once the transaction goes through Tesco has an obligation to pay that amount even if it takes the consumer over the agreed limit.   So based on the information that I currently have I can’t find that Tesco’s done anything wrong because it’s correctly applied the over limit charges as per the terms and condition of the credit card.   And while these same terms and conditions state Tesco has the ability to stop transactions and prevent consumers going over their limit, again this is only possible if the retailer requests authorisation for the transaction.   But there’s also no obligation on the business to stop these transactions, the terms and conditions say that it can or may stop them but don’t state that they will.   It’s important to remember that ultimately it’s always the consumer’s responsibility to manage their account and make sure that they stay within the agreed credit limit. It’s not the business’ responsibility to manage the consumer’s account for them and stop them from going over the limit."   If all merchants have floor limits then what's to say for example Currys having a floor limit of £500 and someone with a credit limit less that £500, does this mean the transaction goes through?   It seems like this so called floor limit is an excuse for Tesco's to make money.
    • We cannot be certain that VCS are aware of the Airport Act's existence. So it cannot be said that they neglected or denied it. Much safer just to infer that it calls into question the accuracy of their WS.   What you want to do is to put doubt in the Judge's mind about the veracity of the WS without using such strong language as yours. They can vehemently deny they were aware of any such Act and your final sentence is thrown out of the window. By simply calling into question the accuracy of their WS you are putting a query into the mind of the Judge even if VCS do deny knowledge. And the Judge will already have downgraded their WS  somewhat with the non appearance of its author.   But it is good that you are looking to improve your WS. Ideally you want VCS  not to turn up in Court and one way to do that is that VCS will not want something in your WS scrutinised or queried by the Judge. And casting doubt on their WS is to be avoided since they are usually a concoction of lies and half truths. Which is why the author of the WS does not appear since they could then be subject to charges of perjury.
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies

Lloyds Banking Group - ** Successful outcome - refund of charges **

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2037 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Quick One

Story; £2500 worth of Bank Charges taken between 2007 and 2011. Want to reclaim based upon financial hardship.

Was with Lloyds TSB. Left before the split.

Been told account was moved to TSB, but Lloyds banking group as an entity imposed the charges.

Who is responsible for a refund now?

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Fk,

The Lending Code gives guidance on how banks treat customers who are in Financial Difficulty. See the letter here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387436-Letter-for-consideration-regarding-Hardship-or-Financial-Difficulty

Experience suggests you will not get a refund of older charges as the bank is not duty-bound to do this.

But they are obliged to consider stopping default charges and/or interest once they become aware of your Difficulty AND there is lending involved like a loan or an overdraft.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Ladies and Gents

1 x Refund of £969 today into my Nationwide Account :)

From Lloyds after 3 years of hell :p

Will write up my story shortly.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Excellent news. I will amend your thread title to reflect your successful claim :)

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Excellent news. I will amend your thread title to reflect your successful claim :)

Can you amend the title to "Lloyds Banking Group Reclaim?"

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Okay so here is the deal.

For years now, I have been fighting Lloyds on their £2500 that they took from me while I was young and nieve. Im now 26 and a bit more wiser with everything that is going on around me and thanks to CAG, ive finally managed to put a lid on a 8 year battle with Lloyds.

As off today 15/07/2015 - I have been refunded £969 worth of charges against the value of the full amount taken. But also had 2 delinquent accounts written off with one being removed completely due to this whole Fiasco.

Now, I will explain my story in the hope that it will be useful to anyone who is planning to make a claim.

Back in Sept 2007 I came back to the UK after living abroad for 4 years, I joined Lloyds in Sept 2007 when I got my first full time job with a £50 OD Limit. Now during the 6 years I was with them, I fought with them constantly about whether these charges were fair to my circumstances and eventually ended up dealing with their Customer Support Unit.

I was working on Minimum wage for a good amount of those years and also became a student at one point up until Dec 2010. Now through 2011 until May 2012 I kept fighting with them over the treatment that they had shoved onto me and it Was noted that I had become a tough nugget to deal with over the phone towards 2011. So much so that CSU decided to stop talking to me when I wanted to chase a few things up historically with them.

Eventually when it got to May 2012, the account was written off after I made a major argument that the account was defaulted unfairly and that due to the treatment, it should be written off. And so it was.

Now role on, During May 2012 I have challenged the charges that had occurred in line with the fact that they had caused me financial hardship. However this was thrown out. Now over the next 3 years numerous events occurred. I have sent 4 SAR requests in the last 3 years to get some Statement etc and notes for my record. And every single one has gone missing whether its been sent through Branch, or Post. As you are aware Lloyds Group Split from TSB and become 2 separate entities. I kept being told that the account had been transferred even though it had been closed. TSB kept telling me that the account had remained with Lloyds. I had this argument with them for 2 years and still didn't find out who it was with until 3 days ago.

Last week, I sent an email to the CEO of Lloyds and the letter I received back was pretty poor. I had asked for a conversation regarding the charges and also about my Missing SAR request. I had made no mention that the charges were deemed unfair and also I had mentioned that Lloyds treatment for me was extremely poor.

So The letter I got back told me that the charges were fair and that they would not be refunding anything and that My SAR requests for this account hadn't been processed because the account had been moved to TSB because they had no history.

TSB sent it back saying that wasn't the case and sorry that they weren't able to help me. They said that they were happy to assist if the account was with them but sadly as they couldn't see any info, it means that the account had never left Lloyds after the split.

So I went back with all the info I had gathered on Monday and received a call today. I had emailed my circumstances on Monday from the time of the account till now and today received a phone call back and what I was told was hilarious in its own right.

My account had fallen into a "Technical Black Hole" :lol: where all the statements had gone missing and wouldn't ever be available and also half of the account note from 2012 had also gone missing / been transferred over to Lloyds. Luckily the advisor apologised for the issues they had encountered and they had taken everything into consideration along with all the notes and how all the SARs had gone missing. My view of the matter is that the ICO would have them for dinner for that for poor system management.

She also said that she was unaware that some TSB bound account were to remain with Lloyds and that she had noted it for future reference. As she had no statements she had to gone on a letter I had sent in with all the charges that had been listed.

She agreed to refund 8 Months worth of charges from my list and also agreed to credit me a further £20 for my 2 latest missing SAR requests. She noted it was due to me having been sent around the houses and also that there was a large amount of Financial Hardship present.

Thats £969

Hurrah! :smile: So it proves it is still possible to reclaim bank charges. :)

Can we put this in the CAG news Bulletin! :) I will also donate some dinero to the CAG Fund.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks for sharing the history of this fiasco, fko - you couldn't make something like this up could you. I am pretty certain that you are not an isolated case either and it is hoped that others will see your thread and follow in your footsteps :)

I will see if we can make space for your story in the next CAG newsletter.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 2 weeks later...