Hastings Direct - Refusing to let me buy my car back.

Frank11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

As experienced by other Hastings Direct customers on here, Hastings are refusing to allow me to buy my car back as part of a settlement on my written off car. They have agreed to release the car back to me, but only in order for me to conduct an independent valuation of the vehicle, insisting that a buy back option is still not possible.

The car does require quite some work, but I am adamant that I want to buy the car back. The sentimental value of the car is huge, and I am utterly furious that I am not being offered any option to retain the car. This has been a heartbreaking episode thus far, and me nor my family wish to see the car go. My little girl is distraught.

Any help from similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and regards.

It is not Hastings car until they have paid the claim. Only if it is damaged enough not to be fixed to go back on the rosd, would there by any case of them scrapping it.

Check the policy terms. Is there any term you agreed to that allows Hastings to keep the car if it is a write off. If not, then they are on dodgy ground.

You should be able to keep the car, provided it is established that the car could be made safe to back on the road. I think once you have established this, it is then a question of how much Hastings will pay towards the repair costs. This may not be much, once they deduct salvage value from market value. They may also deduct other costs incured to date e.g storage costs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread