Aliance & Leicester the unethical building society. Mortgage

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This story starts 18 years ago by way of this company getting a repossession order on my property. I was sick with worry and knew nothing of the law, however after seeing my Solicitor, he had a Barrister appointed to my case.

Subsequent action in the courts and a side room conversation between my Barrister and the Alliance & Leicester Solicitor, ended in the building society agreeing, in front of a judge, to all conditions my Barrister laid down. This included all court cost being paid, all charges being removed from my account, along with the withdrawal of the repossession order.

There were other stipulations that the bank should in future treat me fairly. I was unaware at the time, why the Alliance & Leicester solicitor looked very shame faced and agreed to every stipulation my Barrister proposed and even the judge was taken aback by their agreement, but as I understand it, the Barrister could have pressed for breach of contract, plus other undisclosed unlawful acts by this company.

Over the years since that time however, I have had a quite clearly antagonistic approach from this company, regarding any dealings with my account.

According to my mortgage agreement, this is an endowment mortgage, where the principle is paid at he end of the mortgage term and interest only payments are made on an annual interest basis, charged at monthly rests..

Having been unemployed at various times, arrears had accrued on the account, but on every occasion I worked, I paid £100 a month in excess as a capital repayment to clear any debts. However the debts did not decrease as expected and I queried this with the building society, to which there was no response.

I again became unemployed due to an accident, and despite me paying extra into the account, the Alliance & Leicester monthly calculations for payment made no sense as they were clearly far greater than the interest.

I tried to get this company to confirm in writing how they were calculating repayments, but they deigned not to reply.

As I knew a Solicitor at he time who was and is a firm believer that justice should be had for everyone, he wrote to this company and asked them to provide this information. They replied by sending an annual statement with no explanation.

Roll on a number of years where the building society have made threats as to court action, only to find they won't despite me urging them to do so, as they do not wish to arbitrate.

Enter a comlaint to the financial Ombudsman where the adjudicator decides there is no case to answer, to which I ask for the Ombudsman opinion.

I was given some money by my father to pay off any arrears and pay towards future short falls in monthly interest charges.

The Alliance & Leicester decided o treat his payment as a payment towards shorfalls in the monthly rests, still calculated in the way they refuse to tell me how.

The Ombudsman refused to deal with he main problem, but made a parial ruling by way that where the money paid cleared off any debt above the mortgage figure,this should be treated as a capital repayment and imediaely reduce the interest charged to the point where it was again the agreed mortgage interest amount.

Now the Alliance & Leicester decided to reduce the whole amount of any money owed, including the actual mortgage amount, from that date forward. As soon as the amount which was lower than the agreed Morgage figure increased over the reduced figure they called this arrears on the mortgage and decided to make charges based on this assumption.

After the Ombudsamn made her ruling the Alliance & Leicester changed my account by the amounts shown, did not inform me of any rest payment amounts expected from me for this year, then decided they were going to phone me 3 imes a day over a period of 3 months, until I again contacted the Financial Ommmbudsman with a complaint.

I returned to the financial Ombudsman, who told me the case was now closed and that the Alliance & Leicester had done as the Ombudsman had ruled. Despite them clearly not doing so.

I queried this with the Financial Ombudsman Service, adn asked in view of the BCOB schedules, if they thought this was fair. I have not received a reply.

As I have had no formal explanation from either the Financial Ombudsman nor the Alliance & Leicster about how they have calculated the monthly rests, I decided to ask under the data protection act.

Again I received statements with writing so small I would need a magnifier to read and a copy of my mortgage agreement, which they have clearly not abided by.

I informed the ICO after the prerequisite time scales of 40 days + another 14 days, to be told that the ICO have produced a case number and have contacted the Alliance & Leicester.

I received another phone call fro the Alliance & Leicesterwhere I asked them to send me details through and they replied by saying I must now correspond with heir Solicitors.

I really don't think I should be contacting their solicitors, as my agreement is with he Alliance & Leicester, so all correspondence should be written to the company itself. If I were to instigate anything in writing to their solicitors, then I would be billed by their solicitor.

I am now stuck as the Financial Ombudsman will do nothing, the Alliance & Leicester refuse to comply with the law by providing the information required. Now I am told they have appointed a Solicitor.

What do I do next. ?