Being Called A Serial Complainer... WOW!

fkofilee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thats something for you... I SAR'd RBS Group...

All the complaints that came through and issues I had WOW!!!

Theyve written on their Notes I am a serial complainer... Thats just Natwest itself! :/

It appears that RBS however arent so bad with that :p

Lesson to the world, Use a 3 strike rule. If they screw up 3 times, move away :p

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You could write to the CEO of RBS group with copies of the documents saying you are a serial complainer, asking whether they feel comfortable with Bank staff seeing complaints from customers as a negative issue with the customer. That you feel complaints were justified and all you wanted was the issue put right. It is then up to the Bank staff to provide feedback through their line managers to ensure any learning points are captured e,g system, process or staff training issues. Bank staff dealing with complaints properly and completing feedback requirements is an essential part of continuous improvement and helping achieve customer retention targets.

Whether they would be interested to reply properly ?

Banks these days are becoming more difficult for people to deal with, as they seek to return to being as profitable as they were. Branches will disappear and instead you will have mostly online Banking and customer service.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

I disagree with the rule about moving away.

Banks prefer you to move away and to become somebody else's problem. Banks prefer docile, servile customers who don't complain but simply take the medicine and pay the money.

If NatWest think that your pain, then stick with them and carry on being a pain.

Your bank needs this kind of treatment in order to make them remember that you are the customer.

I disagree with the rule about moving away.

Banks prefer you to move away and to become somebody else's problem. Banks prefer docile, servile customers who don't complain but simply take the medicine and pay the money.

If NatWest think that your pain, then stick with them and carry on being a pain.

Your bank needs this kind of treatment in order to make them remember that you are the customer.

I agree but sometimes its not worth the hassle especially RBS Group. There infrastructure is extremely poor. And to think I used to work for their Membership services team.

You could write to the CEO of RBS group with copies of the documents saying you are a serial complainer, asking whether they feel comfortable with Bank staff seeing complaints from customers as a negative issue with the customer. That you feel complaints were justified and all you wanted was the issue put right. It is then up to the Bank staff to provide feedback through their line managers to ensure any learning points are captured e,g system, process or staff training issues. Bank staff dealing with complaints properly and completing feedback requirements is an essential part of continuous improvement and helping achieve customer retention targets.

Whether they would be interested to reply properly ?

Banks these days are becoming more difficult for people to deal with, as they seek to return to being as profitable as they were. Branches will disappear and instead you will have mostly online Banking and customer service.

I fully agree, Natwest did threaten to close my account at one point. A note was made that I had made 16 complaints in a 6 month period. At this point they threatened to close my account.

I told them they most certainly wouldnt be doing that on the basis of what one of their staff had told me and they then decided that they would review it at a later date. But by Feb this year I went to Nationwide, and although the tnasition wasnt smooth (Natwest yet again) , I am really happy :)

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

..... a serial complainer in response to their serial bad service? :)

Well yeah! Some of the complaints are ridiculous and I mean LITERALLY!

Missing Cards! Calls that were terminated for no reason as part of investigations! Cards being sent out incorrectly!

How about the classic, recieving somebody else's statements?!

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Well yeah! Some of the complaints are ridiculous and I mean LITERALLY!

Missing Cards! Calls that were terminated for no reason as part of investigations! Cards being sent out incorrectly!

How about the classic, recieving somebody else's statements?!

How dare you receive someone else's statements?

And then have the gall to complain about it?

Anyone would think you weren't grateful to be honoured with their errors?

I mean seriously though, when it happened I let them shoot themselves in the foot they claimed it wasnt a breach of Data Protection. It was an accident BUT! It could have been avoided

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Sometimes its better the devil you know, particularly if the issues are niggles rather than disastrous.

I've stayed with HSBC since they inherited me in the takeover of Midland Bank (who I was very happy with) as the issues I have had have been minor compared to the horror stories friends have told me of their banks and the truly unacceptable service I received in my short time with the co-op bank.

Edited by tobyjugg2
oops typo

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

I mean seriously though, when it happened I let them shoot themselves in the foot they claimed it wasnt a breach of Data Protection. It was an accident BUT! It could have been avoided

I take it it was someone else's statements either:

A) but with your address, or

B) with their address, but sent in with yours?

Easier with b) than with a), but my response to "it isn't a breach of Data Protection" would be to tell them "Good! In that case you won't mind me taking copies, and sending the originals with a covering letter explaining to the person whose statements they are, with the copies going to the ICO, noting that I believe it's OK for me to do so, having been reassured when I contacted the bank that : it isn't a breach of data protection".

Did you do anything similar? Did they back down sharpish?

Or would it have just been more evidence of your "serial complainer" status?

Currently, I'd be tempted to ask : "Am I a serial (unjustified) complainer or a serial (justified!) complainer??

If the latter: the problem lies with the bank, not me!"

Going through it again... Dated 12th March 2014

Customer has been identified as a serial complainer with the possibility of looking to rebank the customer.

5th December 2014

This is the latest in a long line of complaints by Fkofilee

Our relationship is at a very low Ebb.

I have suggested that Fkofilee make alternative banking arrangements

21st January 2015

Customer is a serial complainer and FOS Rights Issued

17th February 2015

Looking at the Customer History, there are 11 service related cases in the last 3 months

To add to that part above... They had closed the main issue and reopened it about 4 or 5 times because their system wasn't playing ball.

Their statements were included with mine. I saw everything! A train ticket, food, utilities bills everything!

I suspect it would have been more evidence.

Heres what they did;

Data Protection Form Filled, Compensation for inconvinience and call costs, feedback provided.

** Extra note - Branch have destroyed statements. £26.50 - Cheque

Customer feels we have committed a breach of the DPA 1998, however this appears not to be the case,

For the record, I am not a serial complainer, I raised issues that were quite detailed with them about the service they were providing. Im glad to have moved from them but the above is disgraceful!

There wasnt a "Long list" of things that I had complained about.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

lol, sorry to laugh fkofilee but it's just further proof of the shoddy service we all receive these days, and their incompetence at dealing with any level of good service. If I didn't laugh I'd probably punch 'em ! ( and I'm a very gentle person )

lol, sorry to laugh fkofilee but it's just further proof of the shoddy service we all receive these days, and their incompetence at dealing with any level of good service. If I didn't laugh I'd probably punch 'em ! ( and I'm a very gentle person )

You're more than welcome to laugh, consequently im now with NAtionwide who have been phenomenal and laughed at some of the stuff Ive told them about.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You're more than welcome to laugh, consequently im now with NAtionwide who have been phenomenal and laughed at some of the stuff Ive told them about.

Good to hear that as I've opened a Nationwide account as my back-up but not really put it to the test yet.

Chose Nationwide after lots of looking around.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

16 complaints in 6 months is ridiculous and I severely doubt the majority were actually legitimate complaints.

If you were that unhappy with the service surely they would have done been doing you a favour by closing the account?

Nobody would consciously choose to continue dealing with a company that had given you cause to make that many complaints, which leads me to think your complaints were unjustified and perhaps you were after compensation.

16 complaints in 6 months is ridiculous and I severely doubt the majority were actually legitimate complaints.

If you were that unhappy with the service surely they would have done been doing you a favour by closing the account?

Nobody would consciously choose to continue dealing with a company that had given you cause to make that many complaints, which leads me to think your complaints were unjustified and perhaps you were after compensation.

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I must say that is a very strange first post to make. Did you sign up just to make that point? Do you work for RBS Group?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Nobody would consciously choose continue dealing with a company that had given you cause to make that many complaints, which leads me to think your complaints were unjustified and perhaps you were after compensation.

OOOO I need a plaster :p

Guess what? I didnt actually raise complaints for everything but Natwests policy is to raise a complaint when an issue is apparent.

I wasnt after the compensation at all. That was all just a side of it. However, they offered that, I didnt ask for it. My main issue was how their staff treated me and what actually went down.

In a long and short of it.

- They defaulted an account that had nothing wrong with it and returned it back to active status for no reason.

- They sent me somebodies elses statements.

- Faster payments went missing.

- They lost a copy of my passport and a utility bill for their Id theft protection at the time.

- They refused to upgrade my account although they had promised to 6 months prior when signing up.

- They attempted to offload me to another bank because it suited them

- They kept promising to send me a contactless card which they didnt.

The list goes on. I was with RBS Group for 5 years in total. Natwest for only one of those. Regardless of the entire situation you are right; Why put up with them and would closing the account do me a favour?

Yes it would, but the thing is, Id already been with them for 6 months, however I didn't have the time or energy to deal with moving banks at that point so I waited, until Feb this year when I left after 14 months with them. and joined NAtionwide and I have only ever had to complain once to them about a missing card...

The staff at RBS Group are great :) , but the system they employ are not and that was the whole issue.

Your comment isnt really justified IMHO in this situation. But I see why you mentioned it.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

How do you know they weren't justified?

What if the handling of a justified complaint was poor enough to create another justified complaint? (I've certainly had that happen to me).

If what you are suggesting is followed then all a company need do when faced with a tricky complaint is ignore it to create more complaints, or create new issues such that the customer will complain again, and then the bank can ditch them in preference to actually dealing with its issues.

Are you saying that customers shouldn't complain, in order to avoid going over some predetermined no. of complaints that would get them labelled "serial complainer".

IMHO : One unjustified complaint is too many. There should be no limit on number of justified complaints.

To silverfox1961:

Yes I only discovered CAG recently and I just happened to come across this thread and wanted to make a comment lol and no I do not work for RBS.

To fkofilee:

Now that you've given some more info it doesn't seem as ridiculous. But not having the time or energy to deal with moving banks when you somehow have the time and energy to deal with so many issues at Natwest doesn't make much sense.

P.S. you mentioned that you also had problems with a missing card at Nationwide. Any chance that these issues are not the banks fault and there is instead an issue with the Royal Mail/postman wrongly delivering your mail or your household wrongly taking/destroying your mail.

To BazzaS:

I don't know for definite. It's the circumstances that make me think they are unjustified.

A serial complainer isn't somebody who makes x number of complaints, it's somebody who regularly makes unreasonable complaints. Natwest's notes wouldn't state "serial complainer" for no reason.

To silverfox1961:

Yes I only discovered CAG recently and I just happened to come across this thread and wanted to make a comment lol and no I do not work for RBS.

To fkofilee:

Now that you've given some more info it doesn't seem as ridiculous. But not having the time or energy to deal with moving banks when you somehow have the time and energy to deal with so many issues at Natwest doesn't make much sense.

P.S. you mentioned that you also had problems with a missing card at Nationwide. Any chance that these issues are not the banks fault and there is instead an issue with the Royal Mail/postman wrongly delivering your mail or your household wrongly taking/destroying your mail.

To BazzaS:

I don't know for definite. It's the circumstances that make me think they are unjustified.

A serial complainer isn't somebody who makes x number of complaints, it's somebody who regularly makes unreasonable complaints. Natwest's notes wouldn't state "serial complainer" for no reason.

Contrary to popular belief, no it wasnt. I received the envelope, the letter and it wasnt tampered with but no card. So not Royal Mails fault.

Bazza is completely right and thats what happened. People wernt dealing with things properly.

I found out from a friend who works form RBS Group that their definition of a serial complainer is someone who has complained constantly regardless of whether it was justified or not.

RBS notes say as quoted above. I shouldnt have to put up with all of that above. I was having a bad time last year dealing with my SC Clearance and the Identity Fraud, the last thing I wanted to do was move banks.

You have no right to comment until you fully understand the 4 years of rubbish that Ive had to put up with.

I enjoy listening to other peoples opinions but I would ask you dont judge me.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 4 months later...

I used to work for Lloyds. There was an informal policy that people paid more than a certain amount of compensation and with over a certain amount of complaints in 6 months would be sent a letter saying something like "we've come to the conclusion that our service and capability isn't able to meet the high expectations you have of us" and giving 2 months' notice that all accounts will be closed.

Remembering that a Financial Ombudsman Service case costs the bank £550, it's not 100% unreasonable for banks to switch away from customers whose patterns of behaviour make them a net negative, no different to the way that customers can switch away from banks if they find the bank's prices and service unacceptable.

I used to work for Lloyds. There was an informal policy that people paid more than a certain amount of compensation and with over a certain amount of complaints in 6 months would be sent a letter saying something like "we've come to the conclusion that our service and capability isn't able to meet the high expectations you have of us" and giving 2 months' notice that all accounts will be closed.

Remembering that a Financial Ombudsman Service case costs the bank £550, it's not 100% unreasonable for banks to switch away from customers whose patterns of behaviour make them a net negative, no different to the way that customers can switch away from banks if they find the bank's prices and service unacceptable.

Fully agree with you, but even so. Stability and simplicity with RBS Group is all I wanted, that they couldnt give me that. Lloyds could, Barclays Could, Hell even Nationwide (Who im with now) are doing a fantastic job.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis