HP Mum

HP Mum v Creation (Store Card) reclaim late fees HELP

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1189 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

If you would like to proceed with your claim upon receipt of a paid, full or part defence you must notify the court by following the directions enclosed with the copy of the defendant’s

response.

If you have been sent a questionnaire to complete this must be returned by the date specified. Failure to do so may result in your claim being struck out. If there is a fee to pay you

may send a cheque or postal order made payable to HMCTS with the questionnaire.

Alternatively you may pay by card over the telephone between the hours of 9.30am – 3.30pm Monday to Friday and submit your questionnaire via email to CCBCAQ@hmcts.gsi.gov.uk For

information on the fees payable you can download booklet EX50 from http://www.justice.gov.uk/forms

Dont jump to far ahead yet lets deal with the Allocation and any intended response to the defence.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Aaah. I see. I guess I must wait for the court to send me the Defendant's Defence. I have only received a separate Defence direct from C. And there are no directions attached with that.

In the meantime nothing to stop your researching Sempra Metals v IR et al to sharpen your arguments.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Have now received Notice of Proposed Allocation to Small Claims from the court.

I have had a quick look at the form N180

- what would I do with the box "Small Claims Mediation Service"

- should I say yes so it paves the way for C to offer settlement?

IMHO if they are offering mediation, and AFAIK, you should accept mediation, but await a second opinion first!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

hiya - the Notice told me to download the N180 form.

The Notice said that it appeared to be suitable for the small claims track. But the first question on the N180, part A asks us all to consider mediation. So C has not offered it - yet....

I have to fill in the N180 and return to Salford by the week after next...

Received C's questionnaire.

They have NOT asked for Mediation

I was intending to tick Mediation on my questionnaire.

So is it then left up to the court to decide what to do?

I intend to fill in my form and post it during this week, Just waiting til I know if I may have some dates that I will not be available.

How far in advance do Courts tend to book hearings? is it many months ahead or quite close to the current date?

Bit stressed as have very busy life - unexpectedly - at the moment and this is way down on the scale of importance - yet, of course is important now I have set the wheels in motion...

You still say yes....yes you will consider meditation

I have sent my Directions Questionnaire to the Court and copied Creation.

What am I supposed to do now ??? help !!

Wait until you receive your Notice of Allocation...this will give you the further directions.

I have received nothing in the post about a hearing yet. or mediation.

Bit worried as I am away for work over the next month.

Very annoyed too as I just discovered that C have given me a default on my cra. I started writing complaining last summer and they never replied to my letters in which I advise them they owe me £s and in the meantime they default me - which has made my score plummet

Have you rang the court to find out what is happening to this?

I would also inform the court that you are away from your address for the next four/five weeks, and as such you won't be able to respond to any correspondence served at your address.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

I did originally state on the Directions that I would be unavailable between x and y dates.

The latest correspondence I received from ccmcc was a few weeks ago - advising the claim has been transferred to my local court for allocation; the file is to be referred to a procedural judge who will allocate the claim to track and give case management directions; details of judges decision to be sent in a notice of allocation.

What does this mean?

Also - very importantly - I have not sent any extra £s to cover the cost of a hearing. I was panicking that I should have sent a cheque (I didn't) according to the value of the claim to cover the hearing costs - but just read that you only pay for the hearing when you get the allocation. Is that correct?

have attached C's defence (edited out pers info)

Will be able to research my case whilst I am away over the next weeks, in the evenings I hope.

Any tips welcome !

Creation Defence edit.PDF

Hi

I did originally state on the Directions that I would be unavailable between x and y dates.

The latest correspondence I received from ccmcc was a few weeks ago - advising the claim has been transferred to my local court for allocation; the file is to be referred to a procedural judge who will allocate the claim to track and give case management directions; details of judges decision to be sent in a notice of allocation.

What does this mean?

You will recieve whats called a Notice of Allocation shortly...this details the timetable and directions on how the claim will proceed

Also - very importantly - I have not sent any extra £s to cover the cost of a hearing. I was panicking that I should have sent a cheque (I didn't) according to the value of the claim to cover the hearing costs - but just read that you only pay for the hearing when you get the allocation. Is that correct?

Yes

Andy

I have had a letter from the courts

- simply to say it is with my local court and waiting for the judge to read, deliberate - & I guess allocate??.

No date or timetable yet.

Quite happy it has been delayed as I have been too busy to do any research.

This is the first time I have gone to court as a Claimant. I am nervous.

Also - in the meantime CFS have defaulted me.

I complained to the CRA.

They replied saying that CFS said they had resolved the dispute late last year!!

When I replied that CFS had never even corresponded with me, let alone resolved,

and that I had thus Served a Claim against CFS end last year

and was waiting on the legal process -the CRA replied that the info rests with the lender (CFS)

and they can't argue against what info the bank provides.

How can this be?

I wrote again to the CRA and reiterated that I had made a claim against CFS a

nd the dispute was not resolved.

No reply yet.

However, I need to improve my credit score immediately.

Is it worth paying off the debt (£500) to improve my credit score NOW?

And to still go through the court with my claim for wrongly issued penalty charges and CI?

With the additional complaint that they defaulted me rather than correspond

which has affected my financial status with the CRA ?

Advice on this much appreciated....

Paying off this debt, that you don't owe, will NOT improve your credit score one iota!

The default marker is there for 6 years, paid or not, the ONLY way you can get it removed is by complaining to the ICO, and/or taking legal action against CFS for defamation.

If you can prove that you have been adversely affected, financially, through the incorrect data being added to your file, then the cost of compo goes up.

Demand that the CRA place a 'notice of correction' against this default marker on YOUR file.

But don't forget that the CRA's are paid handsomely by the DCA's to add markers to peoples CRF, so in essence, you're just a commodity too them, they claim that your credit file is yours, when in actual fact it's anything but, it's just a way to make another profit out of people..

Thanks for that.

The way I saw it is that I did owe CFS some £s on my card

BUT they owe me penalty charges and CI which amounts to a lot more.

So I was thinking that if I paid what I owed but still kept my claim going to reclaim the amount I was owed

then at least the account on the CRA would read settled

- which may improve my credit rating?

Then in my claim is successful I can also claim for defamation and get the default removed.

It is only cos I need a better rating for someone.

In the meantime I did get another message from the CRA today -

Unfortunately as we have already queried this with the lender, I am unable to do so again.

If you would like to explain the circumstances of this account you can add a Notice of Correction to your report.

If a Notice of Correction is added, applications for credit will need to be manually looked at, so your statement can be read. This means you won't get credit instantly on-line, by telephone or in a store

Not sure what that means? Does it mean that if I apply for a loan/mortgage/card etc they can read more than normal?

if the debt is defaulted

paying it

will not improve your rating

go for the reclaim court claim

and demand the default should never had been registered if you can prove the reclaimable fees to the date of the default was more ..thus your should have been in credit at the time the default was registered.

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Hi Mum,

This was discussed earlier in this thread.

Negotiate a settlement with the bank's legal reps that all CRA data will be removed.

This is the only chance you'll have to get the CRA removed more quickly.

Otherwise, whether you pay the alleged debt or not, the adverse CRA will be showing for 6 years from when it was first shown.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

A court hearing has been scheduled - but it is months ahead in mid July :-(

Are they likely to correspond in advance to try and avoid the court hearing?

Should I start correspondence asking them to re-assess?

Or should I just start preparing the court bundle to fight my case and tell them?

Hi Mum,

Please read other *WON* threads in the Barclays successes forum. They will show how others have negotiated.

You can initiate contact with a view to reaching a settlement but you don't want to appear too "desperate" to settle quickly or they'll sense weakness and perhaps delay negotiations to unsettle you.

You can set the ball rolling by asking the bank's legal reps, Without Prejudice, if they are willing to make an offer close to your claim to avoid the need for further use of the courts' resources.

At this stage, I suggest you concentrate on research and on amassing the evidence bundle you'll need.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

OK Thanks Slick

Need to get Mediation with Barc out the way - looming in next few hours!!

CFS have appointed a DCA - who keep sending me letters about the debt. Can they do this whilst it is in the court system? I thought that once an account was disputed that all collection activity had to stop? They also keep noting the account as defaulted each month....

Is there a template letter I can use to get rid of the dca?

Can I send the dca something along the lines of:

I refer to your letter of xx, the content of which is noted.

The account to which you refer has been in dispute with your client since xx.

Furthermore, I have issued a Court Claim against your client

- they are the Defendant; I am the Claimant.

The debt amount in question is disputed and the default issued against me is erroneous.

My claim against your client is for a far greater sum than the amount you allege I owe.

In the circumstances, your/your clients threat of legal action appears to be not only redundant,

but a breach of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regs 2008

and the FCA's consumer credit sourcebook

Claims made by you or your client will be robustly defended and the Court's attention drawn to the above statutory breaches.

I reserve the right to bring the conduct of your client to the attention of the Court

when the issue of costs is being considered.

Yours faithfully

Hi Mum,

It's a bit longer than I'd have written which would be :-

I refer to demands made by you in respect of the alleged debt.

This matter is in clear dispute and is currently the subject of court action taken by me against the Defendant who is your client.

You should contact your client for confirmation about the court action and ensure that no further demands are made, until my court claim is resolved.