Received parking ticket for non renewal of match day only resident parking permit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please help advice me.

The permit expired on the 3rd , I received a PCN on the 11th.

I never got a reminder as it is anew sheme in my area in Haringey, it was said to have been put in for spurs and help us resident prevent pp parking in our roads during match days.

I do not remember seeing any clear directives in the consultation process or the 1st permit isued to me about ensuring I renew and telling or giving me guidance that I have to renew and if I don't what the consequences are.

I appealed he 1st ticket and it was declined and I then got a notice to owner and the fee had doubled now £130. I do not know what to do, can some one please help and advice me on how to dispute this.

This is a free permit for resident that is suddenly going to cost me £130.00 potentially.

I have till Thursday the 9th when my 28 days run out for challenging the notice to owner. I am really upset about this. This is just another way of Haringey council ripping off its Residents. I found a judgement on Barnet being found in the wrong by a judge for not sending reminders out to their residents and Barnet had to cancel all PCN and refund charges where people had paid. but I couldn't find the case law and I am not also sure if this will help my challenge. Please advise.

Many thanks

I've never heard of a PCN being cancelled because the car owner wasn't reminded to renew the permit. Do you have any more details of the Barnet case you mentioned?

its not so much as that its was a case in the papers.

Parking permit tickets for permit expiry will be refunded says Barnet Council.

Story by Chris Hewitt

Hope this helps ill trey to crop the story here too.

I guess the deadline has passed - what have you done? Appealed it again?

I wouldn't place too much emphasis on what is in the papers. Journalists often don't understand what they are writing about - they just go for what makes an interesting story. Nevertheless, in that case it seems there were a lot of people affected and the Council apparently decided to cancel tickets from affected people, if that's accurate. Whether such a thing would apply in your case, I'm doubtful but it's better than having nothing to appeal with.

What did you do about the Notice to Owner?