BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1694 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello,

trying to help a friend with his CV but he is unable to recall all his work

history, is there a way to obtain his past work history and if so can you

point me in the right direction.

Regards to all

Dave, it's not really needed to be fair. Have a look at some skills based CV's that concentrate on what your friend has experience of rather than where he's done it.

Not sure you can access a list of previous employers from anywhere however, but be general and even if it's a case of: "S.Holmes & Co. - 1998 to 2001", "Costa Coffee Ltd. - 2001 to 2009" etc that'd suffice provided that there was sufficient details about what he'd done while there and how it related to the job he was applying for. It's only going to be a major issue where an employer specifically asks for a fully checkable work history.

There is, I suppose, a way of writing to the companies he can recall with a subject access request to get firm dates of employment and any other info but it's reliant on him at least being able to give you some details.

Like I say, have a look at some skills based CV layouts that can be made to emphasise his abilities rather than his history. Good Luck!

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Many thanks Tai

Regards

You can actually get your employment history by contacting HMRC, as they have records of which employers have been paying your NI contributions.

Many thanks also to you Derwent

Regards

The HMRC is a good idea, some jobs require 3-5 years full job history so that would help with that. Gaps would be filled in with proof of benefits.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.