Sussex Security Solutions Ltd - T/A Parking Enforcement Co - Eastgate Wharf in Lewes.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2455 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Before I found this excellent forum, I'd sent a message to (removed).

He got back this morning. Worryingly, he said I should have appealed it

, I should not have ignored it, and that now the deadline has passed,

I should either pay up or ask the supermarket or whoever to cancel it as long as I was there for legitimate purposes.

That's not an option as, according to the (removed). , it's a bit of a mystery as to who owns this piece of land.

The Parking Enforcement Company does not appear to be acting on behalf of anyone except itself.

The sign above the bay is 10 feet high and I did not see it.

The word private on the tarmac is in a position where it looks like it does not include this bay.

The charity shop next door said that they get ten phone calls a day.

Apparently the staff at the Laura Ashley next to this bay put signs up telling people not to park there to avoid the fines and they were made to take them down.

I read that on the (removed).

My inclination is to stand firm but I thought I'd better let you know what (removed). said.

Edited by dx100uk
Please do not mention other sites..read our rules please - dx

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, you believe that the parking co has no right to have its signs up

and you are for some reason still tempted to pay them some money?

Stop phoning these people as they are hardly likely to tell you that they are in the wrong

and that you shouldnt pay them after all.

What they think is that you are at least a waverer and so will apply more pressure to get you to cough up.

• 2 months later...

I was told I should pay but people on here said not to and so far, I'm holding out. I'm hoping that, come the end of the year, it'll be me 1, Nicolas Van Hoogstraten 0.

#fingerscrossed

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

They can't have it both ways. One sign says £100/50 and the other says £100/60. Which is the correct one?

The signs that convey the 'terms' have far too much information on them for the size of the sign. They do have to place them above a certain height to avoid people banging their heads on them but they should have made them bigger or reduced the amount of text. I cannot see how remaining on the site can be a transgression.

Did you see how many signs there were around the parking area?

Now, I admit to not being as well informed as Ericsbrother but to me it seems to be a contractual charge and not trespass?? Perhaps EB can enlighten us.

No doubt the PPC will threaten the Beavis case to unsettle you however, it cannot apply in this case as it is a paid for parking site, not a free car park.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Having re scanned the thread again, why is there a NCP sign there?

Is the car park separate from the stores?

Have NCP taken over (I doubt it)?

I think the roadway is monitored by SSS and if so, the signs are non compliant. NCP manage the car park only.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Good morning.

I will try to explain the area;

On entry to Eastgate Wharf there are no signs that I can see relating to parking. Straight ahead is an NCP park which has what appears to be adequate signs. I was in no doubt that it was a pay car park.

But the road leading between the entry point and Waitrose car park and NCP appears to be a separate entity. Part of the road is directly in front of Laura Ashley store and is marked into bays ( nothing to do with Laura Ashley) this area has one sign as my picture mounted high on a post. The other area is a short stretch of road that has DYL and the sign I photographed along side mounted on a pole that has also just below a CCTV camera the sign I posted.

It is quite clear that the camera being where it is can only capture the roof of any car stopped there, hence a picture sent to me of a white car with no visible identifying signs. Also sent was a picture of a white car bearing the reg number of one of my cars in motion departing the area, no driver identification.

Now the situation on the afternoon in question is that I had 3 of my cars in that area as my wife driving one, our son driving another and myself driving the third all met up there to exchange vehicles, so we arrived in one each but two of us departed in other vehicles, confusing ? not really. Two vehicles are white VW's the third is a red VW.

The NTK shows an arrival time at the inception of time 00.00.0000 and a departure time of 16.24 date given. The picture of the stationary white vehicle and departing white vehicle bearing my reg are both timed after 16.24 so they specify that we arrived at the inception of time as we know it, departed at 16.24 but at 16.28 claim one vehicle was stationary but no mark is visible. All seems a buggers muddle to me.

Thanks for input everyone.

I have not received any further communications from them, the date of the alleged parking infringement was 21 July 2016 the NTK arrived at my last address on 3 August but did not find me ( only by accident) until 9 August 2016 but I moved from the address on 24th July and now live in France at my home here. I changed the keepers address on the vehicle documents around 10 August at DVLC, but to an address in UK which is my business premises. no one lives there.

The site seems to be only CCTV surveillance.

stop sweating over this,

they arent doing anything about it

but if you want to be proactive you send a letter to them denying their claim as no contract formed,

their demand not being POFA compliant

and them not having the authority to make claims in their own name anyway.

You can add all sorts fo evidence but they are not going to concede the argument

but you will ahve given them the correct address fro teh service of documents

and then they are stuffed as they know they cant try and sneak a claim in under the radar.

Can you imagine them travelling to France to defned their actions if they do try it on?

They cannot use the DVLA database to look up your new address so any port they send will go to your old one.

Thi is legally correct so make sure you get a forwarding service for you post for the next 6 months at least.

• 10 months later...

scan it up to PDF.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi honeybee13 - thanks for your reply. I have uploaded a pdf of the body of the most recent letter. It isn't an official claim form but that they 'anticipate being instructed to commence CCJ proceedings without further notice'

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

as with the other people that have got these this week

READ THE LETTER PROPERLY.

doesn't say WILL ANYWHERE..

we anticipate to be instructed...

so my dog is anticipating me to tell it to sit..

if I DO

and if he DOES

are very debateable.

willy waving ignore

and they

.Hi - I did read anticipate but was a little unsure as to what to do.

I hadn't heard anything about the PCN for so long and then to get the two letters made me a little uneasy.

Thanks for the reassurance, it is appreciated.

What usually happens with these do they continue to send letters?

n1ch3s - I'm in exactly the same position, and I felt uneasy but now I know (thanks to this forum) that they've gone into liquidation, I'm holding tight. Let's keep in touch on here.

And me, let's all sit tight and feel free to private message me if needed.

If you look at the directors of SSS they have had their fingers in a number of pies and I actually found a report from the DVLA about their findings when auditing SSS. Just confirms what a con this whole private parking business is.

please keep things on thread gentlemen.

you can PM below 30 posts anyway.

and they