BankFodder BankFodder

Jevb

P45 issues with old employer

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1693 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

So in April 2015 I walked out of my job.

My boss posted me my p60, which I thought was all I needed, However now I am trying to apply for ESA due to health conditions and I am told I need a P45 form.

I asked my boss for a P45 and she said she sent it with my P60, but I know for a fact I don't have it because I keep all forms like that in a drawer and I have checked for it multiple times.

What can I do? She swears blind that she has given me it already, and without this I cannot finish my claim, also from what I gather you cannot get a replacement form..

HELP :(

Suggest you send your ex-employer a note along these lines:

"You have sent my P60 as the law requires you to do by 31st May. For that I am grateful.

You definitely have not sent my P45 at the same time, if it was in the same envelope I would have got it.

Please note that unless you send it to me I shall be contacting my local HMRC tax office who have legal powers to make you send it to me."

Perhaps at the same time a note to your local HMRC office explaining that your ex-employer is refusing to send your P45 to you and that you are suffering as a result because you can't pursue your claim for Employment and Support Allowance.

Thanks, but as she believes she has sent me it, I don't see how threatening legal action will help..

A little back story; she is an aging lady (60+) and she is on lots of medication for various illnesses, she was extremely forgetful with payslips, wages and other things, but she is a genuinely nice person.

Is there any other way you can think of going about this? if not I geuss I will have to just go to the tax office.

If a P45 has been lost or not provided, you should ask your employer for a statement of earnings.

If they still won't provide it then contact HMRC.