• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Tom Crawford eviction by bailiffs: Freeman on the Land (FMoTL) nonsense has no place in the courts.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Every daily newspaper is today reporting the dreadful events of yesterday when Tom Crawford's long running battle with his mortgage provider (Bradford & Bingley) came to an end when bailiffs eventually entered Tom & Sue's bungalow and repossessed it in accordance with the court order. Given the high profile and public interest in this case, over 70 police officers were in attendance and the cul de sac where Tom and his wife lived was closed off. Police also hand delivered letters to all his neighbours to advice them of the reason for their presence.

http://www.scoop.it/t/lacef-news

Sadly every year thousands of homeowners suffer the same fate as Tom Crawford when their home is repossessed but none of them get the press publicity that this one has. There is because, unlike other home owners, Tom Crawford is a support of the Freeman on the Land movement.

A few months ago bailiffs attempted to repossess the bungalow and social media sites appealed for supporters to attend the address to halt the eviction. Over 500 protestors gathered at the property forcing the bailiffs and police to retreat.

Following that days events, Tom attempted to stop any further action by appealing the possession order to the court. In doing so, he did not seek assistance from a solicitor. Instead, he sought the services of various individuals who are well known on the Freeman on the Land (FMoTL) and Sovereign Citizen circuit.

Quite simply.....the court rejected their silly arguments.

Had he fought this case on other grounds he would possibly have ended up with a stay of proceedings - or at the very least he could have cited the Norgan case.

Choosing the FMoTL route was a very bad decision indeed.

Background to Tom Crawford's case.

The case is remarkably simple. Tom and his wife purchased a bungalow in 1988 with a mortgage of £41,000. The mortgage was a an Endowment mortgage which was very popular at that time and meant that monthly payments to the Bradford & Bingley would only cover the interest on the mortgage and the owners would be required to take out a separate endowment policy . Monthly payments would have to be made to cover the policy with the aim being that when the policy matures (normally at 25 years) that the value of the policy would be sufficient to repay the capital (£41,000) to Bradford & Bingley.

In 2012 Tom and his wife got into difficulty paying their mortgage and arrears of approx £2,000 led to Bradford & Bingley seeking possession of the property. The court granted a suspended possession order but Tom did not pay and then a dispute arose surrounding the endowment policy (or more to the point....the non existence of the policy !!!).

Had he fought this case on other grounds he would possibly have ended up with a stay of proceedings - or at the very least he could have cited the Norgan case.

Choosing the FMoTL route was a very bad decision indeed.

The Judgment for his appeal is so very clear. Naturally the judge threw out any suggestion about 'wet ink signatures' and Tom's 'team' then tried to argue that the eviction was unlawful given that Bradford & Bingley had supposedly not paid a court fee for their application.

There has been a lot of discussion on various 'Freeman' sites and others and the one overriding question was .......'What has happened to the endowment policy'? Tom has given many interviews on YouTube and other FMoTL sites and this simple question was always met with vague answers. There are suggestions that the public have been seriously hoodwinked.

The judgment deals very clearly with the matter of the 'endowment policy' and it was agreed at the appeal that a little over a year after the policy has been taken out that payments stopped being made towards the policy and in 1991 it was cashed in. !!

Evidence was also provided that made very clear indeed that Tom and his wife knew that they did not have a policy in place to pay the capital when the mortgage came to an end and that they had received a lot of correspondence from Bradford & Bingley on this subject.

Sadly, Tom was completely taken in by the FMoTL theories that mortgages are frauds, banks never lend real money, and we can pay off the mortgage with promissory notes.

PS: Unfortunately Tom was arrested yesterday evening along with one of his advisors (Ceylon aka Mark Hainig from the Get Out of Debt Free website) for breach of the peace.

PPS: This was the very same 'Ceylon' who publicly stated on the Get into More Debt for Free site just three days ago that Tom would not be paying the mortgage because he had WON his court case. Are these activists so blind that they cannot see the truth when it is facing them ???

I have some sympathy because those interest only mortgages with endowment policies were a rip off. Many were miss sold as often it was not pointed out that the endowment may not pay off the mortgage. In this case, if they cashed in the endowment, then the capital was always going to be due at the end of the mortgage term.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Did Tom not seek any proper, qualified legal advice?

If not, from where was his advice sourced? It would not be the site many might think of immediately, I am sure, so from whom did he get advice and do we know anything about them?

Did Tom not seek any proper, qualified legal advice?

If not, from where was his advice sourced? It would not be the site many might think of immediately, I am sure, so from whom did he get advice and do we know anything about them?

Good question CD. I am just going out so will post more later.

In the meantime, the appeal judgment records that his McKenzie Friend was Michael O'Bernicia. He also also known as 'Michael of the Bernicia Family' or Michael Waugh.

Would i be right to assume the eviction has now been done by a high court company or was it still the county court?

Reading amongst the drivel on btb it seems tom has also been arrested for inciting public disorder.

Lets be honest if given warning exactly the same thing would of happened, an arseload of people stopping the eviction.

And even though its been done it won't stop everyone from calling it fraud and a travesty etc etc and you can guarantee they will find a way to claim victory from somewhere

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

It has proven pretty well that taking these daft notions to these extremes is very costly. I sympathsise (and can empathise) with anyone who loses their house, but there has been plenty of time to put things into place. The arguments were never going to win for the simple reason they were massively flawed.

Lots of people have faced issues over endowment policies and not lost their homes, it's not exactly anything new. The police presence on the day was justified, given the potential for civil unrest. Putting aside issues which cloud the facts, Tom was foolish and unfortunate.

So not only has he lost his house for not paying his mortgage as per his agreement, he has cost the tax payer tens of thousands in road closures and police support costs, court costs and thousand to the mortgage company. It's people like this that are the reason that bailiffs etc have to exist. They live in their own little world where they can do no wrong and believe they are untouchable. They then twist the story to try and gain public support without releasing the entire saga as they know they would be laughed at.

I'm sorry, but he was given every opportunity to sort this and lost.

Tagging for future reference as a friend of mine is starting to believe in fotl crap for his mortgage too.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Tagging for future reference as a friend of mine is starting to believe in fotl crap for his mortgage too.

It is happening to a lot of people, they believe what they are told that the money came out of thin air and doesn't exist, what they don't get their heads round, if i sold my house now, i could draw the proceeds out of the bank and keep it under my bed, real money

Also, it is never fraud when they are taking the mortgage out, only when it comes to paying it back

The Tom Crawford story still has a long way to go yet, they are in the process of recruiting a huge mob to storm the house and take it back, and move them back in

I watch with interest

So who do they think should be paying for their mortgage ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

The Freeman on the Land and Sovereign Citizens supporters genuinly thought that the case of the Crawfords would rise the awareness of FmoTL around the country. The truth of the matter, is that it has done no such thing. Instead it has proved a complete disaster.

Instead of looking at the rotten advise from their 'legal team' they are instead seeking to get the Crawford's house back by using their 'Plan B'. This involves hunting down and threatening the owner of the removal team who removed the entire household contents. The next stage is that of secretly recruiting as many people as possible to 'storm' the house and retake it from the 'fraudualent bankers'.

These people need to wake up quickly......

So who do they think should be paying for their mortgage ?

That is just it, the money doesn't have to be paid back, because it never existed in the first place, it was just invented out of thin air, and so "fraud"

That is just it, the money doesn't have to be paid back, because it never existed in the first place, it was just invented out of thin air, and so "fraud"

So they got the property for nothing? That can't be right.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

So they got the property for nothing? That can't be right.

And you hit the whole FMOTL philosophy on the head, something for nothing, all loans credit ect are ok, when taken out, but become fraud right after and don't need paying back

Because money is not real lol

When the Banks almost when bust, we came to the conclusion they did not think it was real either But it cost the UK a fortune bailing them out.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3215 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks