style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What does the paperwork state you were given for putting this in for repair (i.e. faults, damage, condition etc).

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I understand what you're saying......

What I mean is, did you go in there and tell them what the fault was that you were having with the laptop?

You can't just have gone in there, handed them your laptop, and said ''here fix this will you'' and walk out.

You must have told them what fault it was that you were having with it for them to take it in in the first place.

The fact that they cannot prove or disprove if the laptop was or wasn't working is their issue and not yours.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I understand what you're saying......

What I mean is, did you go in there and tell them what the fault was that you were having with the laptop?

You can't just have gone in there, handed them your laptop, and said ''here fix this will you'' and walk out.

You must have told them what fault it was that you were having with it for them to take it in in the first place.

The fact that they cannot prove or disprove if the laptop was or wasn't working is their issue and not yours.

Yes i told them the problem and the guy checked it in front of me. The only problem is that is my word against them in terms of if it was working before i send it to repair.

After the advisor checked your laptop they must have filled in and given you some paperwork before you left the store, what does it say about the laptop?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

After the advisor checked your laptop they must have filled in and given you some paperwork before you left the store, what does it say about the laptop?

It says the details in general from the store and me and in fault says unexpected fault.

Don't let them fob you off, seriously, you have to make them accountable for their actions, let them know you're not in the slightest bit happy with their response and you want the name of the area manager so you can escalate your complaint to them, before you raise it further to trading standards and their CEO.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Im thinking to take things further and send them to court or something, but i haven't a clue how is it. There is some kind of court for small cases? Do i need a lawyer of some kind? Fees? Thanks.

Get all your ducks in a row first.

Slowly slowly catchy monkey.

You MUST exhaust their complaints procedure first, before you can escalate it any further.

Legal action in the small claims track is the last arrow you fire.

Seems they don't have a complaints procedure for the public to view?

So I would write to the address, and email the exact same, so they can't claim they didn't receive one or tother, get 'proof of posting' which is free from the PO counter when you send them anything.

Head your letters/emails 'Formal Complaint'. And give them eight (8) weeks in which to satisfy your complaint before you escalate it further.

Tell them what you want in order that they can rectify your complaint ie, although my laptop had developed a fault, it was still operational when I brought it into your (name of store) store, since being in your care it no longer functions, I require this laptop to be repaired to the state it was in when I delivered it to your store. Or words to that effect.

They need to know what to do to rectify your complaint.

Just whilst I think about it, did you say that they didn't even send it off for repair, it just sat in the same store all along?

Ok! Yes they told me that the fault couldn't be repaired in site and when they called the place were they are suposse to repair the "serious" fault the just didn't have the parts needed (a motherboard probably, which i can find in any computer store) and spend those 14 days in the store.

I have contacted by mail to the customer service, the mail of the CEO, i went to the store 4 times, i called them. I suposse i gave them options, but you're right when you say i didnt specify what i want, i just waited to them for a solution. But the thing is that they told me that they can't do anything about my pc.

So they have inspected it then?

In order to find the fault, and then call the place where it needed to be sent to be repaired, to be told 'they don't have the part'?

So they have inspected it then?

In order to find the fault, and then call the place where it needed to be sent to be repaired, to be told 'they don't have the part'?

Yes, the guy opened in front of me and checked the fault, and told me they were going to call the repair centre. After the 14 days they call me and tell the repair wasn't possible cause they didn't have the parts.

So they know it would turn on then?

No probably not, that's the main problem i have no way to show them that the pc was working before I send the pc to repair. I should ask them to turn it on the store to see if it was working, big mistake there.

Hmmm...... :undecided:

How old is it? And where did you buy it from?

I bought it in amazon, the thing is that the pc is done by parts so i cant be sure about how old is. I bought it a year ago more or less.

So are you able to strip it and have a look at what the problem might be?

Can you tell if they have removed anything to get access to it?

So are you able to strip it and have a look at what the problem might be?

Can you tell if they have removed anything to get access to it?

I checked it and it didnt seem like anything was missing. I call a repair centre to ask them and one of them told me that it could be a problem with the motherboard but in not so sure, im triyng to get a second opinion about that. Maybe some movement or something like that. But there wasn't anything missing i was pretty sure. That's the thing, it's hard to give an explanation cause i could be easily lying basically.

OK, my other train of thought would be to contact Amazon, and have them replace/repair the desktop (sorry just realised I've been calling it a lappy for the entire thread!!)

Have a read of SOGA, 12 mths for a puter to malfunction suggests some inherent fault from the start?

Warranty is an extra to your statutory rights, usually it is completely useless, and if you paid for it, it was money lost.

Have a read of SOGA, and you will see that you have up to six years for some products.

A computer to fail after 12 months will fall under SOGA,

Well TBH, now that it has failed completely can only reinforce your rights IMO.