style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all I want to say hello to everybody, im new here, and I registered because I hope someone could give me some advice.

A couple of weeks ago I send a desktop pc to repair to the Curry's store located in Leyton, because my pc has a broken pci slot damaged from the graphic card slot, but it was still working, the only problem was that couldn't use a graphic card. After 14 days (the only day that they were in contact with me) they call me and say that the fault can't be repaired and that I can come back and pick it up with a refund (90£).

They gave the refund and the pc, but yesterday I tried to connect my pc and it wasnt working. I went, again for the 3rd time, to the store to ask what could be done, and they told me that they didnt even send the pc to the repair centre (14 days for that!) and the pc was always in the store.

Obviously they told me that nobody touched it or use it without my presence, thing I dont know because the pc was working before I send it to the store, and now it isn't.

I went again today, and they told me that nothing can be done, no refund, nothing. They took a 400£ pc with a fault in the graphic card and now its not even turning on. One of the guys even told me if I wanted to buy a new pc there, it's atrocious. I have contacted the customer service and the knowhow from the company but the didn't gave me any answer. They don't want to repair it or refund me, and the pc it's just a little than a year old.

I was extremely angry and went out of the store cursing, which I shouldn't but I was out of my mind. I have send mail to the page citizen advice to see if they can give me more information.

Sorry fot the long thread and thanks for any help.

Edited by citizenB
formatting

Welcome back HB, did you have a good time away?

Back to the point, I think you should email them and if that doesnt get anywhere then complain on twitter. View the thread I had.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Make as much noise about this as you can, definitely email the CEO and have them answer why a PC that has sat in one of

his stores for 14 days without being looked at suddenly fails to operate? You want your PC repaired at their expense OR you want a replacement, again at their cost.

BBC Watchdog too!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks for all the fast answers!

fkofilee: the address is all together right? including the .com? Thanks :)

I have emailed them a couple of times, as if you go by phone they put you to wait eternally. Im still waiting for the answer, honestly I send the email yesterday and today.

Bazooka Boo: Thanks for the answer. The CEO is the mail that fkofilee gave me right? I made a good scene at the store, I was very angry and believe me im a patient guy. I have emailed them to all the addresses i have seen on their webpages.

Thanks for the help!!!

btw: sorry for posting in the wrong place, and thanks for moving it :)

Nahhhhhhhh never... Would you please read my thread on the Surface Type Cover. Gives you a good idea how to deal with them

Yes I read it :clap2:

It's amazing, it's like you have to beg for something done when you are paying them for a service. I use the PC for gaming, but I need it for other things too, Im applying for new jobs so basically I need it. It looks you have to reach an extreme to get something, Jesus...

Thanks again mate, as soon as I have some news I will post them :)

Fred, CAG automatically puts a space in email addresses posted on the forum, so when you copy/paste or type in the email given you earlier on, make sure there are no spaces :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Fred, CAG automatically puts a space in email addresses posted on the forum, so when you copy/paste or type in the email given you earlier on, make sure there are no spaces :)

Yes I saw that when I wanted to send the email, that's why I asked :D Thanks for the info! :)

Well finally seems to be light at the end of the tunnel! I received a call today from the CEO and he's gonna personally take care of the problem, and in a few days im gonna receive another call from him. Hopefully we can find a solution. Thanks a lot to all of you, and as soon as i have more news again i will post them :)

*COUGH* Donation *COUGH*

Im glad you managed to get through to them :) Keep us posted :)

FYI, i am also a PC nut... I was going to purchase a PC from them, but held back. Got a custom made on in the end.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I do it for free :)

I don't get any of that donation... I'm just someone like you who believes sometimes you need some help :)

Please keep me posted on this situation... I'm watching Currys Closely.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Currys won't replace like for like. They may want to take if in for repair. Get photos and videos for evidence.

Cover yourself.

The may give you a voucher to the value of the unit. Personally I'd accept but sometimes cash is better...

If they do, invest on something decent... I own a Surface Pro 3... Excellent piece of kit...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

If they repair it like it was before, i got no problem. Im not greedy, i just want my computer running thats all. Yes, i dont like vouchers much, its like you're still giving money to them right? naa...

Hi, i just received a call today and they told me that they can't do anything cause they have no way of knowing if the pc was working before i send it so about the pc they cant do anything, they wanted to give me a voucher of 25£ (haha!!). b****rds, i suppose i learned my lesson and NEVER get near to a currys anymore.

Edited by honeybee13
Language edited.

So when you went in and told them what the fault was with the laptop, did you mention that ''it won't turn on''?

Did they not test it at the time ie, did you show them the fault?

Or did you tell them what the fault was?

Methinks they're taking the proverbial here and they know it!

Who did you speak to on the phone? The manager?

I wouldn't be happy with their response, and I'd escalate it further, get the area managers details off the store manager.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

So when you went in and told them what the fault was with the laptop, did you mention that ''it won't turn on''?

Did they not test it at the time ie, did you show them the fault?

Or did you tell them what the fault was?

Methinks they're taking the proverbial here and they know it!

Who did you speak to on the phone? The manager?

I wouldn't be happy with their response, and I'd escalate it further, get the area managers details off the store manager.

When i send the pc it was ok, and when they returned it to me it was when it wasn't working. I talked with the guy from the email the ceo and they told me that about the pc they cant do nothing cause they cant confirm if the pc was working before i bring it the 1st tine.im going to call citizen advisor or something to see what i can do.