Debt from 2007

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3214 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone

I have not been on here for a long time as thought all my worries were over after selling our home of 17 years due to Acenden and another well known mortgage vulture.

Anyway we have been renting for the last 5 years and have received a letter from a debt collector for an old debt from 2007. They are threatening a statutory demand then bankruptcy if we don't pay in the next 7 days.

I am aware that all debt collectors are bully boys and have dealt with alot of them over the past. I presume this debt as it is over 6 years old cant be chased??

Bankruptcy is not an option as rented property is difficult to find as it is. We by the way received next to nothing once the sale of our house went through 5 years ago and live month to month as my Husband is self employed.

Any help would be gratefully received

Thanks again in advance

Hi there

Unsecured debt is 6 years

Mortgage related is 12 years.

It nay help other users to upload a copy of the letter with all personal info and barcodes removed.

We need to know about the debt

Who owned it orignally

Who owns it now

How much

what type of debt

When was it taken out.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thanks for your response. Dont want to upload letter through fear of them being on here!

But it was a suppliers agreement for materials

£10,000

As above a suppliers agreement

Copy invoices say 2007

Think the original agreement may of been 2005, not sure as don't recall ever seeing one!

Hope this helps

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ok Thank you - so I send the Statute barred letter then like now as letter came today and don't want to receive a statutory demand? God only knows how they knew where we lived as not on the electrol roll as not been there long enough and have moved like 3 times in 5 years and we don't have any credit

A letter like

"I do not recognise any debt to you, your company or clients.

None withstanding the above, any alleged account owing from 2007 is Statute barred.

Any further attempts to misrepresent your legal position shall be reported to the FCA

Send recorded delivery, keep a copy of the letter, proof of postage and proof of delivery.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

And as you have it in writing from the very foolish and powerless DCA that they are using the empty threat of an SD as a debt collection tool, then fire of a formal complaint to the FCA as well, this wouldn't be lowlifes would it?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Sorry in what contexts does lowlifes mean? Also if I keep the letter short and sweet as advised would they know exactly what I was getting at - sorry just want to do the letter tonight as they have only given 7 days from date of letter 30.06.2015

sorry what powers have they got to demand anytime limit?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh ok get you now - thanks again letter typed and ready for recorded delivery tomorrow. Also have my Husbands Dads funeral to finalise speeches etc tonight for service Friday - Happy Days!

you don't have to send anything

pers I wouldn't

simply invites letter tennis.

and they

I don't really just want to do nothing as I thought I was over being scared of the postman. This is my husbands debt and he try's so hard. Been together 30 years and as said the last 5 years renting. He is working nights this week and I need to reassure him everything will be ok. They said if they don't receive payment in 7 days from date of letter they will send statutory demand and then bankruptcy

its a phishing letter

theres nowt they can do its statute barred

I'd be saving that for if/when they ever issue a claimform.

don't forget

a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF

they have NO SUCH LEGAL POWERS.

dx

and they

So you are saying don't reply.

What worries me years ago we had some skinhead bloke turn up for a different thing

and asked for my husband as if he was a workmate then issued me with a bankruptcy letter.

I really don't want to do that again.

As it turned out the Company went under and I had managed to worm my way round things until then

- this time at the end of the day my husbands 55 and I am 48 I really cant stand the pressure

- had such a peaceful life after losing our home and god what a sacrifice that was

some bloke,

you call the police - end of.

they have no powers they are not bailiffs

what is the debt

and who is the letter from

dx

and they

Sorry Lowlifes is the name for Lowell financial.

As DX say's, their time limits are arbitrary, they have absolutely no power to impose time limits on anyone, the fact that they have already overstepped the mark by threatening to issue you with a SD if you don't respond too them by a certain date, is against all of the debt collection guidleines, and should be reported.

This shows you just how unscrupulous these clowns are, they will say and threaten everything, in order to get you to contact them and make payments that you don't even owe!

This is SB, they can do NOTHING.

You could respond if you wish, BUT it simply marks you out as being the slightest bit worried by bullies.

Have you checked your credit file?

Are you 100% confident that the last payment was made in 2007?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The debt was for materials for a job my Husband was doing the invoices were dated 2007 and no payments were made and the dca is AR Legal Collections

why did I guess it was AR legals.

and they

Should I be feeling happier you said that or not?

I am still unsure whether to send this letter or not - can someone kick me up the bum to make a decision!

they are a powerless lot of bullies.

I bet the letter does not say will anywhere.

just because someone might have found you on voters or credit file and sent you a scary letter

does mean the debt needs paying.

its statute barred

mr Rudolf will get hammered in court an he knows it.

if my spy is correct they often send out letters with threats on that they should not

on debts they know full well are not collectable.

can you scan the letter up

minus pers info

or email a scan to me and i'll do it?

dx

and they

IMHO, you should send the letter drafted earlier. It will put your mind at rest that you have dealt with it and puts them on notice that you are aware they are unable to make a claim via the courts.

If they do decide to send the Stat demand, then you would simply get it set aside. No hassle we can help you do this and it doesn't cost anything to set aside.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D