Remoning one tennant from an agreement where violance and abuse is.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3220 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Edit....Sorry title should read: Removing one tenant from an agreement where violence and abuse is.

I'm asking this question for a friend.

A friend of my daughter is having to move out of a property that is in joint names with her husband, she has contacted the housing association (Sanctuary housing Shropshire) who have told her the only way she can get her name removed from the tenancy is to get her husband to sign and agree, well this can't happen as she is leaving because of violence and abuse towards her. She has already secured another private property for her and her children which her husband doesn't know about yet so can anyone tell me what she can do because there is no possibility of her husband signing to release her from the tenancy.

She would have too go to court to get an injunction and ask the court to order her removal.

The court usually orders the man to leave he property and gives sole residency to the lady with the children under and non molestation order and residency order.

I would guess if she can show the judge or convince with a good amount of belief, the judge might order her removal and grant a residency order for the children at the new residence.