Letter from GDR Trace

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2985 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon all,

Received a letter recently from GDR Trace (New Malden) with the following:

Dear xx,

I am instructed to contact you as I believe you may be the person our client wishes to make contact with. Out trace team have made enquiries and have received confirmation that your details have changed to the above address.

You can contact us free of charge on:

Email: [email protected]

Freephone: 0800 xxx xxxx

Or you can text us on:

SMS Line xxxxx (Please note this line does not accept calls)

Please contact us by either of the above methods and we will be played to verify our reasons for writing to you.

Yours sincerely etc etc

I have no idea what this is about; any debt I may have had were SB a few years ago. I am going to simply ignore this unless anyone thinks differently? Also, is this breaking OFT collection guidelines, do you think? All seems a bit hazy, asking ME to verify who I am; surely that should know who they are writing to?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide; you guys are simply great.

Many Thanks,

AG

Credit file?

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They know that their client is owed money by a Mr Sid Smith so they sned letters to anyone by the name of S Smith in the same locality as people generally dont move far. If you respond, even if you arent the person they are after they will try and mug you as you will be the only one who has shown that they are worried by the letter so may well pay up, even if the debt isnt yours.

Good old Global Debt Recovery still flouting debt collection guidelines and doing as they please I see!

Ignore, ignore and ignore some more.

You're not there to do their dirty work.

If they can't use their 'state of the art' tracing systems, then you sure as hell aren't going to make it any easier for them!

GDR’s trace division has provided an unrivalled tracing service for over 30 years to private and corporate clients.

We are a family run business with a team of highly skilled tracing agents who manually review all data subjects to try, wherever possible, to remove the possibility of a mis-trace.

Our experienced staff will endeavour to answer any questions you may have.

http://gdrtrace.com/index.php

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 7 months later...

well scan it first mind.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the insight regarding JDR TRACE. I'll throw the letter away.

Depends entirely on your individual circumstances, one size doesn't always fit all.

You'd do well to keep hold of that letter, and the envelope it arrived in, more for your own records and evidence, what's the story?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!