• Tweets

• Thanks HB. I never evaded fare before.  Should I send any email to ask my case or beg again to show that I indeed know I’m wrong? To be honest, I indeed find that I’m wrong and will never do such thing.
    • We never know how long they will take to respond, it depends on how busy they are. They also look through people's ticket history to see if everything is normal. If you haven't evaded fares before this won't be a problem for you but it takes time. It seems that train companies are doing this more and more. HB
    • just type no need to keep hitting quote there was no reply pack asking questions nor wanting Income & expenditure, so can't be a letter of claim. there are no 'court sanctions' at all should a defendant ignore a letter of claim, total poppy cockle!! very much the reverse, should a claimant NOT send a letter of claim before they raise a court claim, it's a very good browny point for a defendant !! stop worrying....i wish certain members would stop posting unnecessary personal speculation on threads... doesnt help anyone. if you DONT KNOW - DONT POST!! its a 2005 card anyway pre the revisions, sao cant use a recon and i'd expect a CCA request to fail.  this is cabot!! 99% of their debt portfolios are always unenforceable. just the mugs keep being ignorant cash cows is the only way they recently stayed in business.
    • Hi, everyone. It has been 18 days since I sent the begging letter, and I still haven't received a response. I've read some threads and found that OOC settlements are often responded to very quickly. Does this mean it will be difficult for me to receive an OOC settlement?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

2 Defaults for being 75p OD - same debt - Lloyds and Lowell - **DEFAULTS REMOVED**

LondonUser2015
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I recently created a thread in another sub-section and I was very happy with the advice I received and it enabled me to get a default cleared from my name. However I have another issue as it seems I have 2 defaults on my credit file for the same debt.

I defaulted on a Lloyds current account in 2010, I left the balance as zero but their account charges and returned DD charges pushed my account to around £450 overdrawn and then they defaulted me. They placed a default on my credit file then sold the debt to Lowell portfolio who then also registered a default so I have 2 for the same debt.

I have tried to get experian to resolve this but I get hit with the same jargon as other people have that when a lender looks at my credit report they will only see 1 default. This is not the case as I recently applied for a mortgage and I had to send a copy of my report and it had both in there and both had to be logged on the application form for the mortgage.

Can anyone advise me how to get the default removed from my credit file. Who do I write to? Are experian correct or is it still not right for 2 defaults to be on my credit file for the same debt?

I was given an offer of a mortgage at a very high rate because of this 2nd default and I could do with getting it removed?

Also where do I stand with regards to the original debt of £450. I didnt borrow any money and it is made up entirely of their charges even though I notified them that I had lost my job and not to take any more money from my account? I keep getting letters saying I can pay half price and they will clear the debt and have been told when they do this its because they have no legal right to claim the money? Advice needed....

Also I have SAR'd them and received all my paperwork its almost 500 pages but from the statements you can clearly see that its made up of only charges.

I was helped before by DX who I thank enormously if I can get this matter sorted then everything will be complete. I await your replies and help and thank everyone in advice. This forum is amazing and like others I have spent countless hours reading it.

Thanks

Also just to say I will take the matter to court and follow it through until the end. I am quite handy at preparing documents and would have no trouble firing off letters or writing documents for court if it enables me to remove these defaults as they are unfairly affecting my life. I could live with the 1 default but the double whammy of 2 for same debt is too much. And i got it wrong the deafult is from November 2011.

Have you gone through the complaints procedure with Lloyd's

If not do so as the charges are probably unlawfully and may get a result

As far as I am aware a account can only default once it should only be lowlifes that have the default showing

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Can I still go through the complaints procedure now? And I'm sure I read that if your default is in complaint stage with the bank then Lowell have to return it to them therefore removing their default or am I wrong? I need some help with what avenue to go down as I'm waiting to write a letter right now I just need the help if anyone can advise....

Lloyd's copy of the account ldally should now not be showing once they sell it on

Are thee defaulted dates the same?

You have the default notice? In the sar?

How much of the balance can you prove are penalty charges?

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The balance of the whole 450 was penalty charges.

They were account fees like £15 a month for the silver account,

£4 a month identity theft,

2 returned DD charges

and the rest is overdraft fees because I had no arranged overdraft but it is all bank charges.

And yes the amount and default dates are exactly the same.

I haven't seen a default notice in my SAR pack what would it look like?

The only thing it says on the report next to the lloyds default on my credit file is debt assigned to cais member,

then Lowell with the same amount and default date.

It is definitely the same account I only ever had 1 with lloyds.

it is quite ok for both entries for the same account to show

however ideally the Lloyds entry should not still be there

if the you could write to Lloyds and demand the default is removed as it is solely made of 'bank charges'

none of which are 'your' own self made transactions, but bank ones.

under ICO guidelines , that used to make the default notice invalid

not sure it still does mind.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They were account fees like £15 a month for the silver account,

£4 a month identity theft,

These could be reclaimable with interest!!!!

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I have posted my statements leading up to me losing my job and stopping using my account.

As you can see on the 10/09/2010 there was a 6.99 ID aware charge that put my account 75pence overdrawn.

This was the only time in the month period that I was overdrawn

they have charged me £75 for being 75pence overdrawn.

The charges then spiralled all the way up to £435 and I got hit with 2 defaults

1 with LLoyds and

1 with Lowells.

Am I the only one who thinks this is mightily unfair?

A 75pence debt turned into £435 and 2 defaults?

Can anyone advise me what the best course of action would be now?

Please help

Christ, what a surprise. That IDaware rubbish that Affinion International did with Lloyds Branding...

That was a crap product.... Ooops I said too much.... But then again so do others who worked on the product.

Complain to the email addy i gave you earlier

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

What should I write in my complaint? And also is it worth doing it by email or by post?

And there is definitely no default notice in my SAR pack and also on the logs of when the account was getting bounced around on their internal systems it goes direct to DCA there is no mention of any letter or notice issued?

I really want to get this sorted I will write whatever I need to I just need to know what angle I should come from.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi LondonUser.

My OH is in the same possition with Lloyds.

They did an entry on credit file for the sum with charges,

we reclaim the charges which we got back,

and then they did another entry for the sum that was left.

Couse the second one not even right.

Looks like whoever from Lloyds did this was not very good at maths.

I bet Lloyds did this to a lot of their customers.

How did it go with yours so far?

Thanks

TFD

Give a man a gun and he'll rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he'll rob everyone!

The Bank:

An institution, where you can borrow money if you can present sufficient evidence, to prove that you don't need it !!!

The Banker:

A man, who will lend you an umbrella, but want it back as soon as it will start to rain !!!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, sorry I have been away I have had other issues in my life but I have been going through all my documents and have written a 1st draft letter which I would like some advice on with regards to wording and any changes that need to be made. Here is my draft letter which I would like to send:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently requested all of my Data held with yourselves in the form of Subject Access Request which I have received and I thank you for this. However I would like to begin a complaints procedure as there are some issues with my account that I am not happy with. I have 2 defaults on my credit file with regards to this. I will list my complaints below and also my account number and sort code:

Account Number: XXXXXXXX

Sort Code: XX-XX-XX

1) I draw attention to my account between XX/XX/2010 and XX/XX/2010. I had a balance of £6.24 and on XX/XX/2010 £6.99 was debited from my account for the ID aware payment due for that month. This left me £0.75 pence overdrawn and this was the only time I was overdrawn in the month. You charged me a penalty of £75 for being £0.75 pence overdrawn. This is completely unfair and not a true reflection of the cost of credit extended to me by being overdrawn.

2) As a result of this charge which I notified the bank I could not afford you then proceeded to add more charges over the next 3 months which spiralled to £435 which you then defaulted me for. So for a £0.75 pence overdraft it has become £435 of debt.

3) I did not have an overdraft facility and I should not have been allowed to go overdrawn in the first place which would have resulted in none of the charges being added.

4) You then placed a default notice on my credit file without sending me any kind of default notice to my home address.

5) You then proceeded to sell my account to a debt collection agency but you did not remove your registered default on my credit file and the debt collection agency proceeded to add another default notice so for the past 5 years I have had 2 defaults on my credit file for the same debt which has had a detrimental effect on me and is completely unfair.

6) I can’t remember asking for the ID aware service that was on my account that put me overdrawn and then produced these debts to spiral out of control.

7) I lost my job at the time the account closed and was in financial hardship and I notified the bank of this at the time and was not given any help or relief of any kind which is disgraceful.

I would like you to investigate these matters. I find it beyond belief that being £0.75 pence overdrawn can turn into £435 of debt and also result in not only one, but two defaults for the same debt being registered against me on my credit file. I demand that you contact Lowell Debt Collection and ask them to return the account to you for investigation and also to remove the default notice they have issued against me.

I would then further demand that once this investigation is completed that you also remove the default from my credit file as it is not a true reflection of what has happened. I will be taking legal advice with a view to escalating this to the Information Commissioner, Financial Ombudsman and also to Court if I need to. I hope this can be sorted out amicably and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

With Regards

Can anyone give me some advice as to whether I have missed anything or should add or remove anything? I want to get this letter sent off as soon as possible to see what they say but I think I have a pretty strong case. If anyone can help at all and let me know, thanks

Hi LondonUser.

My OH is in the same possition with Lloyds.

They did an entry on credit file for the sum with charges,

we reclaim the charges which we got back,

and then they did another entry for the sum that was left.

Couse the second one not even right.

Looks like whoever from Lloyds did this was not very good at maths.

I bet Lloyds did this to a lot of their customers.

How did it go with yours so far?

Thanks

TFD

Lloyds and their DCA's have been bombarding me with offers to pay half of the debt

and clear it so I am sure there has been some sort of errors along the way.

I have been away so havent been able to sort things but it doesnt surprise me that LLoyds are trying it on with you.

Surely if they refund some of the charges for you that would make the initial default invalid

as it was not a true reflection and if they then want to submit a new default

would they not have to send you a new default notice

or at least give you the chance to pay the correct amount owing

therefore not defaulting on it?

How are you getting on with it?

• 1 month later...

So I sent that letter to Lloyds by recorded delivery and had this reply about 10 days later....

with 1 letter I got the 2 defaults removed

and I must say I think this is a very satisfactory response from Lloyds

and a bit of common sense s

I cant really fault them Im just annoyed I waited 4 years to post the letter as I wasnt very hopeful.

I have checked my credit file and Lloyds have already removed the default although Lowell haven't but they have to within 60 days.

I have a question,

if I contact experian and show them this letter

can they then confirm with Lowell and speed up the process so I dont have to wait 60 days?

Surely Lowell would have to confirm its true immediately.

Im sure this will make interesting reading for a lot of people

but the only thing I can say is to post up on this group as you will get good advice

from a lot of people

id like to also say thanks for the help and replies taking the time out to do it.

I have got another thread which is soon to be resolved aswell so have a look if you want, thanks

Hi and well done.

All creditors have access to the Rapid Update System used by the credit reference agencies so I would encourage (!) Lowell to remove it now rather than in 60 days which (to me) is way too long.

The CRAs rely on the creditors to supply accurate info and as such, it is highly unlikely that Experian will do anything but it can do no harm to try.

What I would do (and against the norm) is phone Lowell (recorded of course) and demand they remove their default ASAP.

Has the debt been cleared as well?

Have you started the reclaim for the extra charges they have added.

In your SAR, did it show where you contacted Lloyds to explain your circumstances? If yes, there is a chance to get those charges removed as well.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 3 weeks later...
Lloyds and their DCA's have been bombarding me with offers to pay half of the debt

and clear it so I am sure there has been some sort of errors along the way.

I have been away so havent been able to sort things but it doesnt surprise me that LLoyds are trying it on with you.

Surely if they refund some of the charges for you that would make the initial default invalid

as it was not a true reflection and if they then want to submit a new default

would they not have to send you a new default notice

or at least give you the chance to pay the correct amount owing

therefore not defaulting on it?

How are you getting on with it?

Nothing happened really.

Is the same.

No letters sent no letters received.

I was thinking to send them the same letter.

in about 5 months will be 6 years from the default.

Everything will probably gone then.

Not sure what will happen after the six years period.

Would they gonna put it again......

Give a man a gun and he'll rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he'll rob everyone!

The Bank:

An institution, where you can borrow money if you can present sufficient evidence, to prove that you don't need it !!!

The Banker:

A man, who will lend you an umbrella, but want it back as soon as it will start to rain !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi LondonUser and well done with this.

Whats the address that you sent the letter to?

And whom you address it? What dept. please?

Thanks

TFD

The Bank:

The Banker: