style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone,

i'm wondering if you can assist me.

i have a registered oyster photorcard and was travelling on DLR

the PSA had a new ticket reader that read my oyster and told me i did not tap in at my station,

my card has some problems registering on validators so i recognised this might be the problem.

He told me to get off and tap in, then get back on the train.

What im wondering now is whether i am liable for prosecution or penalty fare,

i did as he said and tapped in etc but he did not take my details as i assume that is recorded on the card.

Many thanks.

Oh also he asked me where i came from and where i was going if that is relevant to this.

Sorry mate just replied to the other thread.

Short answer is no!

The staff on DLR hand in the carbon copies of the penalty fare only.

They are given discretion over education / eviction or issuing a penalty fare.

I asked the same questions to establish if I had time to write out the fare before you alighted when I deemed it warranted a ticket. The new reader is for the contactless cards and CAN fine you on the spot if you haven't tapped in. the deduction is immediate but they should inform you as everyone is extremely polite, apologetic and non confrontational....

Pressure is applied from management for "revenue protection" but we know who plays the system and who had genuinely made an error. The oyster machine will show the history of the card so I can see you travel the same route daily and normally pay so I wouldn't issue a penalty. Likewise our tourists who have no idea how the system works out where we hide the readers etc.

NOT all the staff use the same mentality. Some are very ruthless. If you come across him and haven't tapped in good luck...