style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Did you know if your Tesco Mobile malfunctions, even under guarantee, the store you bought it from will not take it back. You have got to post it in a jiffy bag to a TESCO repair dept. Is that within the Sale of Goods an services Act 1982 or within the spirit of the Sale of Goods and services Act. This policy by Tesco seems to me to be a weasel way of avoiding their responsibilities and passing them on to their customers. Policy seems very similar when companies tell you to send it back to the manufacture which you can refuse to do.

Did you know if your Tesco Mobile malfunctions, even under guarantee, the store you bought it from will not take it back. You have got to post it in a jiffy bag to a TESCO repair dept. Is that within the Sale of Goods an services Act 1982 or within the spirit of the Sale of Goods and services Act. This policy by Tesco seems to me to be a weasel way of avoiding their responsibilities and passing them on to their customers. Policy seems very similar when companies tell you to send it back to the manufacture which you can refuse to do.

No, Tesco have the right to decide on whether to repair or replace. They are asking you to send it in for repair. I see nothing wrong with that.

Hoe are they weaseling their way out of it? Its broken, you send it off, they repair or replace it. Its pretty simple o think but maybe I'm missing something.

If lost or stolen in the post TESCO accept no responsibility. Even if Registered post.

Royal mail will not accept responsibility has there is no recording of what is in the packet or parcel

This is inconvenient for disabled, old people and others.

The sale of Goods and Services Act says that it should not be inconvenient to the customer

The policy is similar as to when Retailers tell you to send it back to the manufactures

If you send it by ordinary mail with a certificate of posting is a package deemed delivered in a certain time frame according to the Interpretation Act?

If this is the case I do not think Tesco can get past that!

If you send it by ordinary mail with a certificate of posting is a package deemed delivered in a certain time frame according to the Interpretation Act?

If this is the case I do not think Tesco can get past that!

I do not think that they have never been challenged in court regarding this policy and issue. I asked them to cite a case but they could not. At this time they will not give an inch and seem confident. However, that is usually the case with these big company's. I will keep chipping away at them, thanks for your help.

• 2 months later...
I do not think that they have never been challenged in court regarding this policy and issue. I asked them to cite a case but they could not. At this time they will not give an inch and seem confident. However, that is usually the case with these big company's. I will keep chipping away at them, thanks for your help.

Tesco finally gave me a new mobile phone directly from the store. I asked the store manager do they insure my phone while it is in the post and will they pay the cost of all posting and packaging they could not give me an answer as she did not know. I think TESCO are trying to avoid their legal responsibilities regarding this issue, when challenged they back down.