UKPCS - Can I subtract ticket amount I did buy from the invoice due?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3075 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Just a quick one.....bought a ticket for what i thought was 2.5 hours parking (on tariff paid for two hours and added extra 50p in case I went just over two hours, but next tariff was 3 hours and more than I paid) but if I now pay the fine can I take off the £2.50 I have already paid?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

Fine??

Where does the paperwork you have say that word please??

Who is it from?

DX

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So sign was set like this....roughly as I remember

1 hour £1.00

2 hours £2.00

3 hours £3.00

I paid £2.50 and arrived back at the car 5 mins after 2 hours was up thinking I had paid enough but had a ticket as I had passed 2 hrs.

Ticket is UKPC

print offence on ticket "parked after the expiry of paid for time in a pay and display bay"

I wrote stating it was obvious I had made mistake as I would not have paid the extra 50p over £2.... I thought (wrongly) I was paying for 2.5hrs but no slack from them! so have to pay now £60 reduced rate if I pay it soon.

So it's a windscreen ticket and you have "ID'ed your self as the "Driver".

Have you still got the ticket you got from the machine ??

Write to the PPC again and head it as Appeal to parking ticket no. *****

If you do not accept this appeal then please provide a POPLA code so I can appeal too them.

I paid £2.50 and arrived back at the car 5 mins after 2 hours was up thinking I had paid enough but had a ticket as I had passed 2 hrs.

Ticket is UKPC

print offence on ticket "parked after the expiry of paid for time in a pay and display bay"

so have to pay now £60 reduced rate if I pay it soon.

Er NO! You do NOT have to pay anyone anything.

You paid for your parking, so what if you were 5 minutes over the time on your ticket, forget it, you paid.

Why do you think you need to pay anyone?

These clowns are waiting to mug you, don't give in, follow the advice by ericsbrother, they CANNOT win.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

I have to agree with everyone so far.

5 minutes late! Grace period? UKPC will reject any representation you make but you still need to appeal to them. When they reject you, they should issue you with a POPLA code to take this further.

My opinion. You will win. You paid a fee. They never allowed any grace period and the parking charge does not represent a Genuine Pre Estimate of Loss (GPEoL)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

the important thing is they havent been caused a loss and the CoP means that they should have cancelled the demand anyway. They wont like having to give you a POPLA code so expect to receive a letter full of obfuscation and misdirection. If no POPLA code you wait for 35 days and then they are screwed as they cant then do court

Sorry but I didnt realise until I looked for another picture on my phone that I had taken a picture of the machine while while I was there so here is the exact info.....

Machine/sign sais

1-2 Hours £2.40

2-3 Hours £3.60

I paid £2.90 at 15.12 thinking if I was just over 2 hours ( this is cinema complex and film was just under 2 hours) this would be more than enough time to come back to the car from the film but the ticket ran out at 17.12 I returned at 17.20 had a chat with the parking attendant as to why I had it, then photographed ticket in front of the machine clock showing 17.30 by then.

I dont think this changes the advice given here.... which I am very grateful for you for by the way!

Send the letter headed "appeal" and you want a POPLA code.

The appeal to the PPC will fail but they have to issue a POPLA code. ... That costs them £29.00 odd. ... Good News !!!!

At a POPLA appeal you will WIN. ... No question.

You paid over the odds for the parking so they suffered no loss.

Pay'em JACK. ...... Your dealing with "Bandits" Bro.

8 minutes and a £60.00 "invoice". Yeah nice money if you can get it !!

I would also go back to the site and photograph the signs. many signs are confusing and some of them don't even have planning permission to be there.

Ericsbrother is pretty damned good at pulling the wordings apart on signs.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 1 month later...

Stupidly I replied a day too late of the appeal option but dated the letter back a day before deadline an posted it anyway... sounds stupid but I am self employed and have a child to look after so missed it.....so have I blown it or am I still in with a chance?...I have had a letter from DRP (debt recovery plus) asking for £160.00. I have sent them the popla appeal letter I sent asking them not to pursue this further for now!

Thanks again all!

Don't even bother with DR+. they are the PPCs favourite DCA for hire and have absolutely no power over you...ever.

The only time you will need to act is if court papers hit the mat and then there are people here that can assist in that matter too

• 3 months later...

In my opinion, yes. The case they are referring to is Beavis -V- Parking Eye. The case in question has established that in some circumstances they can claim the amounts demanded. This is till to be fully debated as the land in question, PE paid the landowner for the privilege of issuing parking tickets.

In other car parks, the landowner gets a kick back from the parking company so (again, in my opinion) this is a different scenario.

DR+ can do nothing, UKPC is still in the doghouse over doctored parking tickets so this is still up in the air as to whether they will take further action or not.

If UKPC did try it on in court, the costs incurred will still outweigh what they 'may' win as small claims have fixed costs.

DR+ are willy waving, hoping that you'll give in and pay them money you don't owe, if it bothers you, don't read their letters,

nothing more than computer generated garbage, with words deliberately used to threaten and intimidate you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

ask yourself why DR+ are asking for £160? have you signed a contract with them for that amount for something? No. this tells you all you need to know about the rights they have over anything at all. none. Ignore them completely and tell us if you get any further correspondence from the parking co.

• dx100uk changed the title to UKPCS - Can I subtract ticket amount I did buy from the invoice due?